PDA

View Full Version : BKO verses 2002 Angel LCD??

m20power
04-23-2004, 01:47 AM
Hey there, I just spent 30 miniutes searching the boards for this question and couldnt find it. So If It has been done before and I missed it sorry just give me the link to the old topic.

I know a little bit about each gun. Currently Im looking at either a new BKO for 300 or a used 2002 Angel LCD for 500. What I am wondering is what does the extra 200 buy me with the Angel besides the name?

Is their service better? reliability, accuracy, speed, ease of use, cost of fixing, ability to upgrade, resale value.

Part of my thinking Is I can always get the angel and if I turn out to not like it for some reason sell it and pick up the BKO with a little cash left over.

THanks for the help. No thanks for the flames. :D

ezrunner
04-23-2004, 07:51 AM
The Angel was a Super Gun at the time. It is still a super reliable marker that will give you very good service. You can shoot high rates of fire and it had very tunable settings that are well established. Later, if you want to shoot as fast as the timmies and DM4, you can have the Predator upgrade done by TAG. For $350 you get the latest board installed along with the Anti-Chop Eyes, and a Gold Service which is where they tear the gun down completely and replace all the orings and clean and lube everything so it works like new.

The BKO is ICD's entry level electronic marker. It is short for "Bushmaster Knock Off". The gun is intended to get you into the higher performing world of electronics but leave you wanting more. They are decent little guns but not on the same level as the Angel at all. They are just aimed at 2 seperate performance levels.

I play for TheAngelGuy.com 's Factory team and work in development with them on new products so I'm a little biased. To even that out I've shot ICD products since 2000. I have bushmaster serial # 1078 and I shot it in college tournaments, 2 world cups, and Xball. I now shoot an Angel because it is easier to keep the same performance from that gun. The bushmaster performed almost as well but took much more maintanence. They are great guns, but the $1000.00 guns cost more for a reason.

Grab the Angel, and in 6 months when you want more performance it's a $350 upgrade, not selling your bko for $200 bux then having to put another $700 with it to buy the gun you need to keep up with the game.

-rob

GA Devil
04-23-2004, 08:02 AM
^ What he said

GT
04-23-2004, 07:16 PM
angel is 1000000000x better than a BKO

dinger
04-23-2004, 08:03 PM
forget them both and get a 2k3 impulse :o

FalconGuy016
04-23-2004, 08:20 PM
Angel LCD all the way, NO comparison

m20power
04-23-2004, 08:33 PM
forget them both and get a 2k3 impulse :o

Sorry but Im doing my own little one man Smart Parts strike. I dont like what they have done so Im showing it by refusing to buy any of their products. They could have some good stuff but I wouldnt know casue I just wont use it. Hopefully some other people will join me in this and Smart Parts will realize that people dont like it when you act like a jerk.

Smart Parts also reminds me of Cannondale mountian bikes. Im pretty sure anyone who has ever ridden a cannondale will get that. Headshocks and Lefty Forks. They seemed to like to go from A to F to 17 to Z and finally arrive at point B.