PDA

View Full Version : Whos going to CFOA this weekend?

cphilip
04-23-2004, 10:08 AM
Up around Charlotte NC ... China Grove I think

I will be there. Who all else will be there?

Be at the hotel later tonight. I not certain which one yet but will post up when I find out.

lilc8un
04-23-2004, 10:12 AM
china grove, ill be there with lockdown
cherry grove is at the beach

GA Devil
04-23-2004, 10:15 AM
TAG will be there. We are split between the Sleep Inn and Hampton Inn

cphilip
04-23-2004, 10:21 AM
china grove, ill be there with lockdown
cherry grove is at the beach

hehehe... yea I stand corrected China grove.

Good I see you guys there.

lilc8un
04-23-2004, 11:54 AM
phil, what team are you playing with?

bob87
04-23-2004, 01:01 PM
I might go whats the filed name?

68magOwner
04-23-2004, 01:36 PM
maybe there, and may play in some of the final events later on, team still practicing

edit- phill, can you PM directions from charlotte, there site seems to be down

cphilip
04-23-2004, 02:25 PM
I can't get in either. All I know is China Grove so I plugged that into mapquest and will have to go from there. We leaving here around 4 pm to go up that way. Should be in town by 7pm. I try and post some stuff when the team gets here and just before we leave out. Like where I am going to stay the night and the field address if they have it.

cphilip
04-23-2004, 02:52 PM
Problem

I managed to get a look at the address of this place. It is stated as 330 Beaver Loop, China Grove NC 28023

But mapquest can only find a Beaver Road. Not certain if its the same or not...

phantomhitman
04-23-2004, 04:44 PM
i will be there chilling (or drooling) at the tag factory tent with devil. :D
is there anyway i can tell you people from regular paintball people such as what jerseys you are wearing, or anything else? see you guys tomorrow.

phantomhitman
04-23-2004, 04:45 PM
i will be there chilling (or drooling) at the tag factory tent with devil. :D
is there anyway i can tell you people from regular paintball people such as what jerseys you are wearing, or anything else? see you guys tomorrow.

also the site is not down. they changed servers or something and have not updated that info at pbreview or anywhere else. i will post the link in a few minutes, i have to find it first.

phantomhitman
04-23-2004, 04:53 PM
here you guys go.
official website (http://carolinapb.homestead.com/DiabloChallenge.html)

they have either mapquest or yahoo maps in their directions. cannot wait to see some action tomorrow as well as meet some people. i should be wearing some black-blue dye pants, and wearing a blue detroit lions hat. shouldnt be too many people there fitting that description ;) see you guys there.

68magOwner
04-23-2004, 05:30 PM
uggh, im planning on going, but im not shure if beaver loop is sthe same as beaver road (same as phill) someone please clarify

phantomhitman
04-23-2004, 05:30 PM
i am an over-acheiver, i called the field just now. i am coming from central nc down i-85 south, keep that in mind. he said to take exit 68 off of i-85, and then take highway 152 east as soon as you exit i-85. it should be around 1.5 miles on the right, beaver loop road. see you guys there.

barberjohn
04-23-2004, 05:59 PM
hey phil, i havent been able to get in touch with you yet about my ule body that i needed. i will try getting in touch later, but i just wanted to know if you have one i can use for the event. oh, and for everyone else who doenst have a clue what i am talking about, i am going down, or rather up, to china grove with cphillips son's team, reign of fire. oh, and GAdevil, will you be there with the devilmag?! that will be sweet :D !

phantomhitman
04-23-2004, 06:58 PM
68magowner-i am finding beaver loop on yahoo maps. it is the right place because i did indeed call to make sure. it is not that far off of i-85. see you there.

cphilip
04-23-2004, 07:13 PM
We are at the Hampton inn off exit 60 in Concord. Just got here. Bad traffic in Charlotte. An hour and a half to go about 8 miles!

But we in rooms 319 and 508.

We going to the field now to set up tent and to check it out if its not too late

More later....

phantomhitman
04-23-2004, 07:42 PM
cphilip, let me know how far the field is off of 85. i am sure there are signs pointing at the field on 152 correct, or can you see the field from highway 152? also, is parking a situation? i am just going to meet up with some people as well as watch for a few hours.

68magOwner
04-23-2004, 10:32 PM
ok, im going for shure, bring another AO member too, see you guys there

cphilip
04-24-2004, 05:40 PM
OK I just got home and unloaded. You can tell by the time our AO boys did not make finals. Miserable day but still... a bad day of paintball beats a good day at work anytime right?

Yea the kids did not have thier A game today for certain. Just nothing gelled. I thought it was going to early on. For one they did not have a first game. The team they were scheduled to play withdrew. So thier first game was a bye. So then the second game they get up there and two guns are hot. Not much hot but just over. So stuck with that situation they have to decided to play a man on the field without a marker. So they do that... and WIN!!! Not just win but sweep! If it had not been for that man without a marker they would have picked up all 60 points. They ended up with 56 I think. So now we are all positive right? Well... downhill we go. Next two games they get rocked. Not even an elimination! So they go into the mindset they got nothing to lose now. So they play a bit loser. They get some eliminations but no more wins. Had a good chance the last game but things just did not go right. But they picked up like two eliminations each game or so. So we packed it up and head for the house. Good fields. Pretty good Reffing jobs that I saw.

Good amount of AO guys out there. Daisy Cutter has one or two of our AO guys on there. Good team they are. They were one of the teams that kicked our arse!

Today we played with four Manual RTP's and One Emag most times out. None of them failed us on the field. Not once. They all shot super sweet all day long. That first game we had the hot gun problem with the emags we realized we had crono'd for the 8 am game that didn't happen and by the time we did play the paint had swelled some and we had indeed crono'd fairly close on. Plus those two emags were built at around 11 PM the night before. With a combination of parts out of Wesleys box and mine. So to fix that concern we went conservative the rest of the day and crono'd every gun to 280 to be 100% sure. Had no more problems with that solution all the rest of the day.

In spite of claims I see on here that we have a AGD CFO team others than ours I am here to tell you that WE are the only ALL AGD Marker team out there. And I want that known. So you guys claiming to be sponsored by AGD and all before this team... I am calling you out on that. Sorry but if you not going to do it then lets call a Spade a Spade boys.... Either play with them or lets admit it. We are playing with them. And the markers are doing thier jobs. They laying plenty paint pleanty fast. Many of them Mechanical ones too!

Oh I got to shoot the Devil Mag today. Super sweet. The only thing holding me back is that Hyperframe look. If and when he can get that thing into a Logic or Rogue frame I am going for it.... Check it out. Dam fast and super light trigger.

68magOwner
04-24-2004, 07:58 PM
hey phill, i was the kid you let fondle your carta mag todya, super hot marker, sorry u guys didnt do so well. yea, you are definatly the only all AGD gun team. Well, nice to meet you, super nice guy.

PS- i dont think you stayed for the finals, but, after a game ended in a draw in the finals, one of the refs went to check a guy for bounce.....the reff pulled the trigger once, then just held it and the friggin thing emptied the whole hopper. :eek: not cool at all. And in another final game, tehre was a 4v1, and one of the guys with 4 left, was just standing there, tgen it looked like he wwas going to run, and he shot himself in the leg, preety funny

cphilip
04-24-2004, 08:14 PM
hey phill, i was the kid you let fondle your carta mag todya, super hot marker, sorry u guys didnt do so well. yea, you are definatly the only all AGD gun team. Well, nice to meet you, super nice guy.

Great to hear from you so soon! Was super nice to hang out with you a while and all. We will indeed spend more time next meet I hope.

No, I didn't stay for finals....but a lot of the team did. Doesn't suprise me at all there was a FA marker out there. No one seemed be really checking for bounce or anything. However our guys, to their credit, took one of our emag markers off the field on our own initiative when they decided it was too close to play with. This was early on in the day. They played with it without the battery just in case after that. Now that being said it was one we had just finished the night before so we had not been able to really check it out good or we would have not even had to make that decision. But soon as WE felt it was close enough to illegal we pulled it ourselves. We are not going to be part of the problem. We are going to be part of the solution. We care not what others are doing but we are not going to go to the field with a Mag doing that. And we didn't. But we saw other markers out there that did. And it does not suprise me at all but I know it was not a mag. Thats all I care about really. Thanks for the Report. The team has not yet gotten all back yet.

phantomhitman
04-24-2004, 11:24 PM
i finally got to meet some fellow ao'ers. it was great to meet up with agd people finally. phil, thanks for letting me hang out with you guys (I am Joe, the guy with the blue detroit lions hat). I also got to meet gadevil (chris brooks) finally as well as his whole tag factory squad. Really nice people and a great event, i look forward to attending more cfoa tourneys. Thanks for letting me bug you guys ;)

ccaleb
04-25-2004, 07:26 AM
Well, another one is in the books. Third tournament of the season. We played the first and did decently, reffed the second, and pretty much just caught some tough breaks on the third. But those tough breaks are something that we will work out.

First game was a withdrawl. That was kind of frustrating because I would've rather played six games than just take 48 points that they gave us. The second game, one of our guys guns was shooting hot, so they wouldn't let him play with it. So we run on our back-up that we had just off the field and it also was hot. So we had to go with one man without a gun (poor Wesley). We all get into our bunkers and Wesley is shot out pretty early along with one of the newer guys to the team (Zach). And I remember thinking, if we don't do something, we're going to get railed. So I pushed up and took out the right side of the field before being eliminated. Steve then pushed up, trying to fill that side of the field and caught a guy trying to come and bunker the rest of our guys as Derek eliminated a guy in the snake. After that game, I thought we would do well because we didn't let ourselves get shaken up.

Well, I was fairly wrong. We dropped two games in a row completely. Then we started getting a little more aggressive again and started getting some eliminations and got close to beating a couple good teams. But it was definitely there, we have the potential to be a very good competitor, just we have some learning to do and some experience issues we'll have to take care of. But we will be more prepared every tournament we come too, and we'll get it.

Steve of course played well yesterday. I don't know what I would've done without him some games, but he stuck in and held down the fort. Derek was probably the biggest suprise. He played very well. I am proud of him and how much he matured as a player from the first event to this one. Poor Wesley... he is a great back player and my good friend, but he just couldn't get a break on Saturday. He tried and tried but the kharma just wasn't in place for him. That's okay, bud! We'll get it next time. Zach was good for his first time on a tournament field. We still have a lot of work to do with him, but it'll get there and I really appreciate his commitment to the team. And of course, I can't forget John. John played super, super well all the way through about the three minute mark of our last game, but I won't mention that. ;) I really appreciate him as a teammate and player and he knows that. And of course, Dad and Emily... Dad, where would I be without you sometimes... enough said. Emily takes care of all my paperwork for me, which is a wonderful thing and I appreciate her moral support when things got rough this past week.

A big thanks to Tunaman, for all that he does for our team. We appreciate it so much and we will get a big win for you here in the future. As well to AGD, who makes the best product on the market. I'm here to tell you that any AGD marker can stand toe-to-toe with any other marker out there. They are making a darn good product and I am glad to be the only truly ALL MAG team in the CFOA.

That concludes my break down and shout-outs. ;) I can't wait for the next one. I hope the reffing at the next one is as good as it was on Saturday. I'm going to go show off my welps at Church now. :D

Caleb
Captain
Reign of Fire

Emily
04-25-2004, 06:00 PM
I'm home!!!

As it's been said, it wasn't one of our best days but that's ok, we'll learn from our mistakes and go foward. All the guys on this team are AMAZING! I couldn't has for anything better. This month has been rough for this team. The week leading up was a roller coaster and saturday was one issues after another. Oh I forgot, someone came up to our tent and saw the "gun table" and said this table look like AO. Look at all these mags. It was great!

I met a few guys from here (sorry I can't remember all your names). One played on Daisy Cutter (one of my fav teams after Reign of Fire) I believe, SupAirKing is the one that plays on the team KRUNK ( another one of my fav teams), it was great meeting all of you guys. How did you guys do?

I can't wait until Greensboro.

Time for me to finish up my "work" for the tournament and get started on the next.

ezrunner
04-25-2004, 10:51 PM
Well, I got the opportunity to ref 2 of the games you guys played on my field (Field 1).

Yeah, we had a lot of hot guns saturday, you guys were like 308 - 315, I think the paint started swelling once it heated up, it got to everyone. I had a DM4 chrono at 443fps.

I hated to have wesley not have a gun that game, but that's paintball. You guys played well from what I saw and you still have half a season left so stick with it.

-rob ie ref in the whitehat on field 1 :)

cphilip
04-25-2004, 11:01 PM
Well, I got the opportunity to ref 2 of the games you guys played on my field (Field 1).

Yeah, we had a lot of hot guns saturday, you guys were like 308 - 315, I think the paint started swelling once it heated up, it got to everyone. I had a DM4 chrono at 443fps.

I hated to have wesley not have a gun that game, but that's paintball. You guys played well from what I saw and you still have half a season left so stick with it.

-rob ie ref in the whitehat on field 1 :)

Hey they made the mistake of cronoing too close to the mark (290 or so) first thing in the morning and then had to wait a no game out. About two hours had passed so things changed and we had made the mistake of leaving not enough margine. No biggie. Our fault. We reset em all to 280 after that. We was good all day after that. And no real problem because that game wesley went on without a marker THEY WON! :D

But rules is rules. I saw some welts on some other guys later in the day that I KNOW where from Hot guns. Very hot ones at that. One guys was bleeding from like five on his back. Really nasty ones too.

You guys did a great job reffing Rob. Best I seen so far was out there this weekend.

GA Devil
04-26-2004, 07:54 AM
Was great seeing you all again. Im glad everyone likes the DevilMAG. I havent had a true complaint yet by someone who has got to see it in person. lol Now I have to find something to feed it. Ill be seeign you all definatly at the next CFOA event as usual. On anothe rnote the other all mag team I found out does use all mags. At the last event all but 1 of their guns went down and had to borrow markers to play the event. But I had a long conversation with the captain and 1 of hte other guys. Die hard mag guys there Ill tell ya. Whats funny is I had a few guys that are shooting matrix's , timmies and a few others talking about ordering 1 of my DevilMAG's after getting to shoot it saturday and some on sunday.

cphilip
04-26-2004, 08:45 AM
On anothe rnote the other all mag team I found out does use all mags. At the last event all but 1 of their guns went down and had to borrow markers to play the event. But I had a long conversation with the captain and 1 of hte other guys. Die hard mag guys there Ill tell ya.

I been told there was one. But have yet to see them play with them. And a true all mag team for one does not have Markers go down that often AND has Mags to grab if it happens. We did... Thats all we had. We had no guns go down in any event so far but had backup mags to deal with it if we did. However if they do indeed have mags go down they should come see me. I fix em for them and get them back on the field. I am authorized to provide them parts and those parts will be replaced to me by AGD according to Jon. Thats more than I am getting for my guys.... All my parts so far are out of my pocket for my team.

GA Devil
04-26-2004, 09:13 AM
They are an AM team. So the are only there on Sundays. Their name is Team Infinity. They are a great bunch of guys. I have the contact for the captain if you would like it. Im sure they would appreciate the help at the fields for their markers. If I wasnt playing the same days as them I would do it.

cphilip
04-26-2004, 09:35 AM
They are an AM team. So the are only there on Sundays. Their name is Team Infinity. They are a great bunch of guys. I have the contact for the captain if you would like it. Im sure they would appreciate the help at the fields for their markers. If I wasnt playing the same days as them I would do it.

That make sense. I was never told they were playing AM. I kept looking for them and never would run into them. Now it all makes sense.

Tell them if they would like and could get there the afternoon before the event I would tech and go through all their markers for them. I am pretty sure if I do that then they will be good to go the next day. It works for my team. Thats how I do all of ours. The day before I got through them all and that pretty much eliminates any issues the next day. So far we have had no issues outside a sticky reg assembly that oiling would cure at the field. I be glad to do that for them. I carry pretty much every part there is except boards and selenoids for emags. Can't really do them at the field. Not easy anyway... But we can get them running. And will do so.

phantomhitman
04-26-2004, 09:42 AM
I finally have some time to sit down and type out a review of my first cfoa event.
I would first like to thank all of hte ao'ers I met, Phil (you know him), Chris (GADevil), Wesley (Enigma), Emily (Emily) the all mag team (Reign of Fire), and another guy that played for Gang Related which was the home team. I also got to meet Bob (theangelguy) in person as well as the whole tag squad: Thanks you Chris for that.
The tourney was pretty good from what I saw, only one case of playing on that I witnessed. Refs seemed on top of everything and were very helpful. I spent too much money on clothes and goodies though :p That devilmag.....he cannot get it in my hands soon enough.
Thanks for the great time everyone, and thanks for welcoming me to the mag family.

68magOwner
04-26-2004, 02:20 PM
yea, it was a great event, glad everone had fun, but i do have 1 gripe about the refs, I witnessed them several times starting games without a flag, then having to run out and put one in the middle of the game, one time, the ref couldnt even find afalg, so he went out and put his shirt on the barrel instead, the guy who ran by to get the flag, stopped and was like "WTF? is this the flag?" it was preety funny

lilc8un
04-26-2004, 03:07 PM
who saw the dead mans walk stash (i think) pulled on topchoicepaintball.com in the semis?
it was craziness, a couple people saw it coming from the sideline

but anyways
congrats to TOPCHOICEPAINTBALL.com for the1st place in novice

68magOwner
04-26-2004, 04:04 PM
i heard there was a guy who stood parallel (not in) the deadbox then mowed the other team as they ran to hang the flag, didnt see for myself, but... if it happened, thats awesome