PDA

View Full Version : Black stuff on Sear

JG2790
04-23-2004, 03:45 PM
Black stuff on sear.

I just bought a used Mag and it arrived yesterday. I took it apart to clean the Intelliframe, and I noticed that my sear had this black pasty stuff on it. Am I suppose to keep that as some sort of lube or should I wash it off? Thanks.

-JG2790

kscullin
04-23-2004, 04:08 PM
Not positive about a Mag sear (someone help me), but all of the black, pasty stuff I've found in my used markers is just grimy lube, because the marker wasn't cleaned often enough. I clean it off and relube it.

CaliMagFan
04-23-2004, 04:24 PM
many people grease their sear assembly during the fall, winter, and spring months... it helps to prevent and corrosion and, obviously, smooths the action of the trigger pull... during the summer, as far as i know, most people avoid this practice because the presence of more dust in the air and loose dirt on the ground means that more stuff would be drawn to that gooey part of the marker, so its best left alone with no lube.

i always say, if you can undo it easy, you can redo it just about the same... just dont worry about it... as long as its not a change to the sear structure...

-kyro