PDA

View Full Version : Another Profiler question thread

TraXeR
04-23-2004, 04:28 PM
I've been looking a lot lately at the profiler reviews, pictures, threads, and just general talking of it and it seems like quite the awesome mask. I currently have a JT Proflex and I'm very happy with it, but the Profiler just looks so very very inticing and from what many peopel say that have used both masks, the Profiler seems to be much more enjoyable. The vision seems better, it's lighter, looks sweet, and has great padding.

For the past 2 months I've only seen a few Profilers at my local field, but I never got a chance to use one to test it out on my own. So.. what I'm asking you guys is, do you think I should make the switch? Is it that much better than my current mask? I don't want to make an impulse decision off just reviews and hype if I end up hating it. I dont want reviews of the Profiler, I'd just like to know if you think it's a good idea to switch and why?

Btw, I currently have a red Proflex and would go for a red or grey or black Profiler.

Thanks for the input! :)

TheDuelist
04-23-2004, 04:32 PM
I say buy it. Its the best mask I have ever owned and I've owned a bunch in my ten years of playing. Even if it turns out you don't like it you can always sell it without losing a whole lot on it.

RoadDawg
04-23-2004, 04:38 PM
Honestly I love my red profiler. It's a huge step above the Proteus I had. If you buy it and don't like it you might get your money back w/ resale. The red was a bit duller then I thought it was gonna be but it's still nice. Only thing I don't like is the tiara of a forehead protector, but it does keep the forehead hickies at bay.

Clare
04-23-2004, 04:40 PM
Only thing I don't like is the tiara of a forehead protector, but it does keep the forehead hickies at bay.

I used to think that it looked dorky but it's actually grown on me!

TraXeR
04-23-2004, 04:47 PM

Lol... I just thought of something Clare, you should wear the 'tiara' thing.. goes with the 'Empress' title. Lol, I feel witty. :p :D

Clare
04-23-2004, 04:50 PM
Way ahead of you :p

If anyone asks why I'm wearing it I can reply with, "Empress? Hello! Gotta keep up with the theme......yeah, that's it"

RoadDawg
04-23-2004, 04:51 PM
When I had it on my mask I felt that I should've been a character at Disneyland. I have gone to the visor version due to not having a smoke lense (which I have now) and now I don't feel like being a princess so I'm keeping the visor.

Clare
04-23-2004, 04:54 PM
When I had it on my mask I felt that I should've been a character at Disneyland. I have gone to the visor version due to not having a smoke lense (which I have now) and now I don't feel like being a princess

hehee
Well, since I never had a tiara as a kid, there's no time like the present to have one! :p

I'm not too fond of that visor, though.

TraXeR
04-23-2004, 05:10 PM
Quick questions:

1) Can the lenses take goggle skinz?

2) The trade for the masks, would it be straight up? My mask has only been used 3 times and is in damn near PERFECT condition. I think the goggles have only like 2 minor scratches from close gogging during paint checks (When I ref) and everything else is perfect.

Theguad
04-23-2004, 05:46 PM
If you have $75-90 (I got mine for $72 at Pev's during their sale) laying around then I think it's a strong purchase. The mask is very light and the lenses are a snap to change once you do it a few times. The Profiler goggle system is a definite step up.

OfficerGoat
04-23-2004, 06:19 PM
I have had my spectras for ... well along time how about that.:D.. and my flex 7 for about 7 years now and this is the first mask on the market I would eve think about switching over to. The biggest thing for me is that they dont crush my dumbo ears like every other mask on the market does. Very very nice if you ask me :)

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
04-23-2004, 09:18 PM
go with the profiler, i seriously had some boucned off that mask and it's very comfortable. Works well with people with glasses also.

lense is very easy to clean, just snap off 2 clips and take out the lense, clean it, and snap it back in!

viper_ssc
04-23-2004, 09:22 PM
go profiler its more comfortable and I've gotten a few bounces off it. I got mine on ebay for $60

TraXeR
04-23-2004, 09:50 PM
FYI, im not buying, im TRADING. Stop listing prices guys please.

afrankart
04-24-2004, 05:17 AM
All of my teammates, myself inclusive have profilers. We all love them except for one thing, they all seem to get condensation on the upper middle of the lense. Granted antifog works, but you shouldn't need to antifog a $80 mask.

TraXeR
04-24-2004, 07:41 AM
Ok guys, thanks for the help! I decided to go for it. :)

Ratzo
04-24-2004, 11:50 AM
Hey TraXer thanks for this thread it got a couple of my Questions answered as well.
I was considering a Profiler and now its a go as soon as the shop gets in a yellow one.
I've got to keep up with my smiley face theme on my equipment and what better to compliment it than a yellow Profiler :)

sitting_duck
04-24-2004, 12:19 PM
pofilers are also good for those of us who are unfortunate enough to wear glasses. i have a pro-flex, proto switch and after wearing a friends profiler for a day i ran out and bought one for myself. yes, its comfy, nice looking, etc. my big reason for loving it was my glasses did not fog at all! i have always had a problem with not being able to so well (or even at all) due to my glasses fogging up. hopefully i'll never have that problem again.

jewie27
05-04-2004, 03:40 AM
I tried one on and I have to say the Profiler gives the best field of view out of all the goggle systems out there.

RoadDawg
05-04-2004, 11:53 AM
pofilers are also good for those of us who are unfortunate enough to wear glasses. i have a pro-flex, proto switch and after wearing a friends profiler for a day i ran out and bought one for myself. yes, its comfy, nice looking, etc. my big reason for loving it was my glasses did not fog at all! i have always had a problem with not being able to so well (or even at all) due to my glasses fogging up. hopefully i'll never have that problem again.
My glasses fogged up once mainly due to the fact it was raining. Even then they were clearing as I was out on the field. I was impressed. Decided to switch to the Tiara though due to bending up my visor part. I guess it's not too bad.

zeroack
05-04-2004, 04:46 PM
I just switched a couple months ago. I love my profiler. When I clean the lense now I just pop it out. It's awesome. I also wear glasses and they fit great under the mask. Make the change!!

Zero

No sKiLLz
05-04-2004, 05:35 PM
Way ahead of you :p

If anyone asks why I'm wearing it I can reply with, "Empress? Hello! Gotta keep up with the theme......yeah, that's it"
tiara from profiler