PDA

View Full Version : AGD, BAD Brand New Emag Battery!! HELP!!

Mechanic79
04-24-2004, 01:10 PM
Invoice # : 41178 - 09/09/03 (board bad)

Invoice # 39984 - 07/1/03 (new battery)

After I got my Emag back from AGD I sent it 03/04 to BlackVCG for software update and he had to change the wiring around since it was done incorrect at the factory? I don't know if this is cause?

This battery is brand new from AGD and it only shot 1 case of paint through it. I recharged it over night and hooked it up to my Emag again and it says low battery right away. This is the same issue I had before.
Voltage after All night of charging is 16.05V ~ 16.10V

I have yet to play one WHOLE successful day with this emag! New battery, new board reg rebuilt, valve softparts replaced check the invoices above!!

NEED HELP ASAP I have a tourney coming up in May!!!

deadeye9
04-26-2004, 11:24 AM
Sounds like you need a new battery charger. You can open up its case and see if you see any damaged parts. My charger went bad although in my case the LED didn't function properly.

RoadDawg
04-26-2004, 11:39 AM
Sounds like your charger isn't working. The whole wire switch deal is to prevent your marker from doing F/A with the 3.2 software. I had Black do the same thing to my Emag (4.0) and it works smoothly. In fact I haven't had my Emag run this good EVER. Never even had a mag run this smooth before, mainly cause I always bought used. Anyhow. Try a new charger or open it up and verify that it isn't a burned up board in your charger. Also make sure the posts are able to touch the battery.

Mechanic79
04-26-2004, 11:39 AM
Thanks, It looks as though the battery charger is faulty. My first battery the first time I charged it the charger popped and smoked for a couple seconds, I then bought anew battery and when I had to charge that for the first time it went bad too.
The light functioned propperly too still works though I'm not using that charger any longer. I'm sure the charger is over charging and ruining the battery.
I just hope trying the bad battery (before I knew it was bad) doesn't ruin the board??????

i double checked the board ground connection and the Red wire going to the post in the front of the grip and they are tight and clean!

Buying a new charger and battery again. Hope this is it! Too expensive! ARGH!

Evil Preacher
04-26-2004, 11:40 AM
I am going to take a shot at this, I might be right or I might be wrong. This is without seeing the marker.

As for the wires having to be switched. When upgrading the software they found that some of the wires on the solinoid had to be flipped because of the marker going full auto, the problem is, that it doesnt happen with all markers.

As for the battery problem. Believe it or not, it might be as simple of the fact that you might not have a good ground in the grip frame. I had that problem one one of my emags.

That isnt a tech responce, just what I know and have seen.

RoadDawg
04-26-2004, 11:42 AM
Thanks, It looks as though the battery charger is faulty. My first battery the first time I charged it the charger popped and smoked for a couple seconds, I then bought anew battery and when I had to charge that for the first time it went bad too.
The light functioned propperly too still works though I'm not using that charger any longer

Buying a new charger and battery again. Hope this is it! Too expensive! ARGH!
Well almost anytime anything electronic pops and smokes is a bad sign. You might not even need a new battery. Just a charger.

Mechanic79
04-27-2004, 02:05 PM
Thanks everyone for the help.

I've ordered a NEW BATTERY AND CHARGER from Tunaman.

This should be the end of the troubles I hope :-)

Thanks again.

Mechanic79

Mechanic79
05-10-2004, 04:25 PM
it was the charger all along, now I have a new charger and an extra battery.

Thanks for all the help
Mechanic79