PDA

View Full Version : ok why did this happen?

JimmyBeam
04-24-2004, 07:12 PM
ok, took my mag out today. everything worked great except for serious shootdown. if i fired more than 4 in a row, the paint would just roll out of the end of the barrel. i stopped shooting for 2 or 3 seconds and it would work fine again, except if i tried to shoot fast again. i turned the velocity in the back up and down to see if that made any diference, it didnt.
finally i ran out of air. i had it filled, and it started to leak out of the back of the valve. no biggie, i just turned the velocity down about a little more than half a turn, leak stopped and so did the shootdown. actually my mag is firing better now than it ever has.
so question, did i reseat a ring or something? id like to know what was happening so i can fix it sooner if it happens again. thx in advance

P8ntBallBoom
04-24-2004, 07:28 PM
Hmm, check the big oring that is on the reg part when u unscrew the valves apart. Also, check the smaller oring that sits on top of the reg. piston.

bokraham
04-26-2004, 08:03 AM
mags arn't like blow backs. When they get low on co2 they don't do the ratatatata thing. They just get lower volocity until the ball stops in the barrel. Mags need high pressure to work, so if you are getting low on air it will not recharge the valve as fast.