PDA

View Full Version : AGD to PTP?

WARPED1
04-24-2004, 07:32 PM
I might be getting a nice AGD Emag, I really like the PTP Micromag bodies. If I get a PTP body, can I use the Emag bottoms on the body or is there major work to be done?

Tunaman
04-24-2004, 07:36 PM
I might be getting a nice AGD Emag, I really like the PTP Micromag bodies. If I get a PTP body, can I use the Emag bottoms on the body or is there major work to be done?Get the AGD Ule Body or the Deadlywind Karta body. PTP has issues. Trust me on this one. Let me know if you need one. Tuna

WARPED1
04-24-2004, 07:40 PM
I do like those Karta type bodies. The thing I like about PTP bodies is the lack of a rail! But I'll probably go Karta or similar. If I get the Emag, I'll call ya, Tuna!

Butterfingers
04-24-2004, 08:25 PM
if you buy a PTP body you need a spacer plate to make up for diffrences in the body rail. Between a normal mag and a e-mag.

sneakyhacker420
04-24-2004, 08:30 PM
you need a spacer plate between the body and trigger frame, plus you also need a different sear to accomodate the micromag sear pin/screw

cphilip
04-24-2004, 08:41 PM
Listen to them. Easier to do a Nice body/rail milled set up than go to a PTP set up. It can be done but its not the BEST solution to the problem. Plus its a tad heavier than those options. Not to mention you going to end up with a inferior ball detent system and a special non stock on off pin as well.... Too many tiny little things to do to get it done that are not superior in the end.

sneakyhacker420
04-24-2004, 08:46 PM
Listen to them. Easier to do a Nice body/rail milled set up than go to a PTP set up. It can be done but its not the BEST solution to the problem. Plus its a tad heavier than those options. Not to mention you going to end up with a inferior ball detent system and a special non stock on off pin as well.... Too many tiny little things to do to get it done that are not superior in the end.
inferior ball detent - you have got to be kidding me! the PTP is the best detent that i've ever had!!

cphilip
04-24-2004, 08:49 PM
inferior ball detent - you have got to be kidding me! the PTP is the best detent that i've ever had!!

If you get a good one its fine. If you get a problem one then its hard to fix. Not something you can just go get parts for easy. I had a good one. But I got lucky.

It reminds me of an old Phantom detent. things have progressed since then.

WARPED1
04-24-2004, 08:55 PM
I like the Dallara.

Brett23
04-25-2004, 04:48 AM
Last I heard you couldnt dallara an emag. That was when they first came out though. I could be wrong. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. Besided the Karta will work with the emag, and is the best looking body so far IMO. Hey if the Dallara will work go for it. Any Deadlywind body is better then no deadlywind body. Man I miss my Emag :D