PDA

View Full Version : Which MAG to buy

skyhawk
04-24-2004, 08:41 PM
Hi, i'm planning on getting a Mag.

Want to know the difference between them.

What is the different between XMAG and EMAG,

What is the weight of the XMAG, EMAG, RTpro ULE custom.

In mechanical mode, does the Xmag, Emag and RTpro ULE trigger feels the same?

Which trigger system is recommended? i like to feel the trigger kickback

What is the different between the Ygrip and Intelliframe?

Is there ULE body for the XMAG, EMAG?

Which is better for future upgrade

What is the different between Xmag,Emag from the Rtpro ule custom other than the fact that the Xmag, Emag has electronic.

What is the different between Original RT, Rtpro, and RTpro ULE custom.
Is the ULE custom alot lighter than the RTpro?

The stock barrel that comes with the Xmag, how good is that?

thanks you

CaliMagFan
04-25-2004, 01:46 AM
Xmag and Emag are the 2 types of agd electro markers.... neither line is still being produced, but both can be bought used.... an Xmag uses an integrated body and rail which allows for a modular breach... also the X mag has eyes in addition to the lvl 10 bolt on its Xmag valve. both use the same software and trigger frame hardware.

i dont know the exact weights...more for the E and X mags because they have batteries, clearly...

i've heard that the E and X mags do not feel the same as the RTP when in mech mode... teh rtp is mech only.... i dont know why this is said about the e and x mags, i believe it to be because of the different sear design.

by trigger system i guess you mean electro or mechanical... if you want more kickback then you're probably gunna want an RTP with the stock on/off assembly... you can get the ULE Trigger on/off, this reduces the reactivity (kickback of the trigger) but cuts the trigger pull weight by more than half.

the Y grip and Intelliframe(intelli) are both mechanical frames and can be wired with a roller microswitch to a 12v revvy loader for better feeding.... the only difference is that the angle of the grip is diffferent for both... the intelli is a standard 45 grip angle and the Y grip is 15° forward.

there is no ule body for the X mag, I imagine its about as light as it can be already, and since it's rail integrated, you cannot use one of the agd ULE bodies... the emag, on the other hand, takes the steel and aluminum ule tube bodies like the vertical ULE.

at this point the X mag represents the bleeding edge of AGD's produciton marker technology... we will see newer and better in the future, cause thats the AGD way, but likely, the X mag will have no future upgrades.... the emag on the other hand can be upgraded depending on where it starts... ule bodies, lvl 10 bolt, the X valve and 3.2 software are the top end upgrades for the emag....

by this point in the posts you should get the bulk of the differences

the original RT had the orignial stainless steel valve with different milling for the on/off assemb. the sear and rail were also different becuase the field strip screw was gas-through i believe, but this i am not sure of..

the RTPro is not sold anymore from agd, it is replaced by the ULE custom RTpro.... the diffrence is that it come stock with an aluminum RT valve that has level 10 installed from the factory (the X valve)..... and yes with an all aluminum valve and body, milled rail and lighter barrel, the ule rtpro's are much lighter...

ule bodies use cocker threaded barrels which eliminate the need for the twist lock in the rail... cocker barrels are more stable in the body and lead to less barrel shake causing inaccuracy...

the stock xmag barrel, like all barrels now adays that are $60 or more will shoot just as well as the next with a good paint to barrel match... the difference now are aesthetics, kits(have insterts so you match the barrel to the paint and not the paint to the barrel),and length- which has been shown to be idealy 12 to 14 inches with some porting after 6 inches and the smoothest hone possible...

hope that helps

-kyro

Joni
04-25-2004, 06:48 AM
Just one thing:

There is no difference between the RTP and classic RT sear, and the rails of those are different.

Recon by Fire
04-25-2004, 09:10 AM
Let me answer all of your questions with one answer: get the x-mag!

2.7 pounds, replace the barrel (I honestly never shot mine - but replace anyway!), it has an on/off switch that the e-mags don't, has an electronic eye that the e-mag also does not have, the integrated rail and body is design is reason alone to chos this one over the other models, trigger modes are mechanical, electro, and hybrid (just set it in hybrid and rip the selector off!). You may still be able to find a new one lurking somewhere or a used one, look at the AO classifieds first.

skyhawk
04-25-2004, 10:52 PM
thank you for your great explaination CaliMagFan and the added advice by Joni and Recon by Fire.

What is the modular breach? What is the benefit?

So given the chance to get an fully loaded Emag or Xmag , which would you choose?

Emag body can be upgrade, i guess the xmag body can't be upgrade, so maybe it's better to get the emag?

Actually i'm actually deciding between the RT ULE vs Xmag.
I dont care too much for the Electronic.

Anyone have the pic of the Xmag with CnC vs Normal Xmag?

For the huge price difference is it worth it to get the Xmag over RT ULE?

Also the RT ULE body can be upgrade too.

Also for the RT ule, i don't have the need for the intelli feed, Is the Intelliframe have other benefit over the stock frame? Is it better to buy other frame?

thanks again

Recon by Fire
04-25-2004, 11:28 PM
There really is not anything you could upgrade on an x-mag. Anything you changed would be a down grade! The modular breaches are to change between, center feed and warp left/right feed.

The RT ULE is nice but if you can afford one, get the x-mag. All bodies on the x-mags are now CNC, they stopped making the standard body a while ago.

Here is mine. You can see how the warp feed right into the side of the marker using the warp left breach.

http://home.houston.rr.com/doublenot7/X-MAG.JPG

Remake101
04-26-2004, 06:58 AM
Ok the X-mag is a bit lighter than the E-mag and the X-mag comes with a Level 10 bolt which will not close on a ball unless it is all the way in a breach. The X-mag also comes with an elcetronic eye. The RT and the RTP are more or less the same. The pro has a little bit of a different set up in the valve and body. I would stick with the normal RT if you are going to get one of the two. Its just easier. In mech mode for the E and X mag they are not the same as the RT and RTP. The E and X mags have magnets in the trigger that push the trigger back instead of having a reactive trigger. The reactive trigger has its advantages and disadvantages. But hands down the magnet trigger is more efficient. The E and X mag tend to be heavier that the RT and RTP, but it all depends what is put on it. If it where up to me and i was just getting a new mag i would save up money and get either the X-mag which can normally be found used for about $1000 or the Custom RT ULE with all the upgrades directly from the factory which is about $700 new.