PDA

View Full Version : MagRT Hop Ups?

mymagRT
10-03-2001, 08:47 PM
Okay.. first of all let me say that I am new and even though I have only been here for a few days.. the support I have been getting has been great! Thanks. Now I have a major question to ask. I want to make my mag RT the best. Here's what I have:
- Automag RT Stock everything.
- The main body has a vertical feed.
- Viewloader 12V ball feeder
- Nitro duck carbon fiber bottle(5000PSI max)
- Remote setup forgot brand
ANYWAY.. If you guys can help me out here's what I want to do. Please if you make a recommendation please state why and maybe a link to where the item(s) can be puchased. okay..
- I want to get a more accurate barrel
I was looking at smartparts as I currently have that on my Sheriden VM68 Magnum. However I have seen new rifled barrels with the internal barrel rifling? Anyone want to comment on that?
- A better bolt? Venturi?
- Anything else to make the gun rock on!
Oh and by the way.. money is not an object.. I just spent over $1,200 what's a little more...

Thanks Again,
~ Anthony

a_malfunction
10-03-2001, 10:00 PM
If you are looking for new barrels, just save some money and get both the lapco Bigshot and Autospirit. They will cost you about $50 each and can shoot pretty much any paint with great results. Dont worry about a new bolt.... unless you want a new AGD extended foamie bolt. It works great and costs about $35. And its from AGD so it wont wear out as fast as aftermarket bolts. And you could get a warp feed. I just got one, and I LOVE it. It changed my game. They run about $125 Also, you could get an intelliframe for $115. Your RT+Warpfeed+Lapco barrels+Intelliframe= one bad arse gun.

mymagRT
10-04-2001, 05:19 PM
I looked at the lapco barrels.. they seem to only have a muzzle break and don't seem to be rifled at all. I'm looking to increase the accuracy of the shot. If you have these how do you think they work? well?

thanks

grapejuice12
10-04-2001, 05:51 PM
accuracy isnt increased by rifling. it makes your shots quieter. the disadvantage is loss of air efficiency.

mymagRT
10-04-2001, 06:03 PM
what would make the gun more accurate? Also.. even though I have a viewloader revolution(the 12V) does the warpfeed make a big difference? It seems to make a huge "thing" on the side of the gun. Anyone's thoughts on the warp feed? one more thing.. what is the AGD foamie bolt and why would I want to change my stock one?? I cannot find a picture of it.

2UnREal
10-04-2001, 06:28 PM
The warp feed eliminates all chopping. It can feed at 26+ bps without chopping. Everyone highly recommends it. Or you can get the HALO which is a normal mount hopper that can feed at 16 bps without chopping.

Barrel:
Rifling does not do jack sh++ for accuracy. Just get the LAPCO's like someone recommended. Although, everyone that has the Freak, raves about it.

Bolt:
The long nose bolt is good because it drastically reduces blowback.

Hope this helped!

mymagRT
10-05-2001, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by 2UnREal
The warp feed eliminates all chopping. It can feed at 26+ bps without chopping. Everyone highly recommends it. Or you can get the HALO which is a normal mount hopper that can feed at 16 bps without chopping.

Barrel:
Rifling does not do jack sh++ for accuracy. Just get the LAPCO's like someone recommended. Although, everyone that has the Freak, raves about it.

Bolt:
The long nose bolt is good because it drastically reduces blowback.

Hope this helped!

VERY MUCH SO...... THANKS :D