PDA

View Full Version : Assaulted...by the Bunker.

tyrion2323
04-24-2004, 11:23 PM
Yes, that's right.

I drove into HeadRush today with my fraternity. It's was freakin' windy, and we were at the new facilities. Anyways, there was an X bunker lying down on its side, and I paid it no heed.

Well, I just bought my paint and walked back to the parking lot when I heard a "shhhhhhshshshhhhhh" noise, like gravel under a tire. I cocked my head for a second, wondering what it was. Suddenly, all my brothers scrambled out of the way. I turned around just in time to see the massive bunker sliding towards me, take out a handicapped sign, and bowl me over.

I now have a pain in the back of my neck and a sprained ankle...
Bunkers hurt.

Jacob

WenULiVeUdiE
04-24-2004, 11:25 PM
Sue for physical damage. Jk. That must have been one funny sight to see.

tyrion2323
04-24-2004, 11:35 PM
It's one of those things that, while it still hurts, I definitely wish I had it on video. I don't have any intentions of suing, though if I am still in pain the next few days, we'll have to see.

JonDaAzn
04-24-2004, 11:40 PM
at least ask for some free paint... or something

darklord
04-25-2004, 02:10 AM
Man I feel sorry for you and all.... but that's hilarious. I wouldn't mind seeing a video either :p I can picture it though.

Konigballer
04-25-2004, 04:12 AM
to bad you already signed a waiver. that sounded like something out of the Omen :)

Won Hunglo
04-25-2004, 06:39 AM
Car wreck? Dog Bite? Slip on a wet floor? or Assualted by a paintball bunker? We can help with a CASH SETTLEMENT for your pain & suffering!!! Call Dewy, Cheatem & How now!

teufelhunden
04-25-2004, 07:29 AM
to bad you already signed a waiver. that sounded like something out of the Omen :)

Any lawyer that requires a retainer can pick apart a waiver ;)

zacbot
04-25-2004, 08:51 AM
if your paintball field was small..and was the only good one around..why sue it?....it would go out of business

angelbeast24
04-25-2004, 08:53 AM
that must have been great to see that happen sorry you got hurt tho...as for suing it wont happen because u signed a waiver

Cryer
04-25-2004, 08:57 AM
ATTTAAAAACK!!
That would have been crazy to see...

TeamNausea
04-25-2004, 08:59 AM
You keep talking like a waiver will actually hold up in court... If he took it into court it would fall apart rather quickly id bet. :rolleyes:

Recon by Fire
04-25-2004, 09:01 AM
Waivers do not exclude the business from gross negligence. Only consider a suit if you have a legitimite injury, not just because you see a few quick dollars. It could cost you a place to play. If you have a persistant light injury, their insurance would most likely pick up the medical bills for treatment (chiro, etc...) if that is all you seek.

nt2004
04-25-2004, 09:18 AM
that happened to me in a huge windstorm in michigan when i was about 6. An air matress at a beach lifted up and knocked me over.

Recon by Fire
04-25-2004, 09:27 AM
The worse I had was plaing on an airball field on a windy day, the bunker broke free of the anchors and started blowing away, leaving me exposed while I was reloading. It was probably humorous to see me trying to stay behind the bunker as it was blowing away.

magman007
04-25-2004, 09:28 AM
Car wreck? Dog Bite? Slip on a wet floor? or Assualted by a paintball bunker? We can help with a CASH SETTLEMENT for your pain & suffering!!! Call Dewy, Cheatem & How now!

just a fun tidbit, Dewey, Cheatem, and Howe law offices really do exist. They are in botston Ma

punkncat
04-25-2004, 09:42 AM
I find it suprizing that the bunkers weren't tied down in some way.
I would advise the owner of the field of your injuries , if he doesn't know already, and give him the opp. to "make good" with you.Maybe several free passes , cover medical expenses,etc.
A waiver does not cover everything nor excuse negligence(sp?) on his part.

1stdeadeye
04-25-2004, 09:45 AM
I turned around just in time to see the massive bunker sliding towards me, take out a handicapped sign, and bowl me over.

Ahahahaahaha!

You got "bunkered"!!!!! :D

WickeDKlowN
04-25-2004, 10:11 AM
LMFAO

They should atleast let you play free or give you some free paint or something.

Mango
04-25-2004, 10:17 AM
$
$$
$$$
$$$$
$$$$$
$$
$$

MUSHROOMHEAD RULES!

btw: That is a hilarious story. Wish I saw that.

WickeDKlowN
04-25-2004, 10:27 AM
$
$$
$$$
$$$$
$$$$$
$$
$$

MUSHROOMHEAD RULES!
Damn straight!

edweird
04-25-2004, 10:34 AM
BTW: This is exactly why you should properly give your bunkers love prior to playing... otherwise they will hunt you down and swuash you under their inflated might. note: when you spend that special time with your bunkers... make sure that cameras arn't pointed at you! Then said photographers dont subsequently take the pictures and MS Paint them into lude/embarassing bookcovers. :P

http://www.jayloo.com/lib/get_file.php?id=1338

Mango
04-25-2004, 10:41 AM
LOL! :D

so great

Rynoboy06
04-25-2004, 10:45 AM
At the severe open the wind blew over the net on one side of the field and it actually fell over one of our back guys. Since we were winning the game, he told the refs he didn't want to stop the game, and continued to play while under the net. The refs stopped it anyway, and we had to do a redo of the game, which we lost. Which sucked. How did the new headrush stuff look?

Torbo
04-25-2004, 02:12 PM
ah it was you that got hit by the X!!! i came in around 5, and heard all about it, lol. hope youre feeling better.

WARPED1
04-25-2004, 04:03 PM
Sorry you got hurt, but that was damn funny, I nearly peed my pants!

BobTheCow
04-25-2004, 04:19 PM
The worse I had was plaing on an airball field on a windy day, the bunker broke free of the anchors and started blowing away, leaving me exposed while I was reloading. It was probably humorous to see me trying to stay behind the bunker as it was blowing away.LOL, that happened at a tournament at Pev's nwithin the past few months, but it wasn't my team, we were just watching, so it WAS hilarious. :D A bunch of refs ran over to try and hold it in place the rest of the game.

Tyger
04-25-2004, 05:08 PM
I heard X-ball hurts.... But that's overdoing it, isn't it?

-Tyger

(What do you want from me? I'm tired, and played Castle 17 this weekend!)

dwab3000
04-25-2004, 05:23 PM
when i decided to play at strategy plus, a spool that i was so nicley compact behind, rolled away...me being the only one left on the feild and not noticing what was going on (i was back to it cause i slammed my knee) until its too late

i got like 20 welts...i found, you can have a higher bps then them, but if they have more people with a lower bps and are a little bit more skilled than you, hide...and dont look back