PDA

View Full Version : scratch in barrel affect performance? HELP

keyser_soze
04-25-2004, 01:55 AM
i just bought an ultralite on ebay and i noticed a 1 inch scratch inside of the barrel. it's the width of 2 pieces of paper and it's not that noticeable. i'm wondering if this will affect performance or if it will affect performance in the long run. thanks for looking guys all help would be appreciated.

BTW no one should buy ultralite barrels from icemanbgb - he sells 2nd rate dye-reject blem barrels. he doesn't even sell the barrels with nubbins and o-rings. [doesn't mention it either] another guy that had the same problem with his barrel contacted dave youngblood at dye and he said that all his barrels come with nubbins and o-rings already included. again, icemanbgb sucks!

Tunaman
04-25-2004, 06:36 AM
i just bought an ultralite on ebay and i noticed a 1 inch scratch inside of the barrel. it's the width of 2 pieces of paper and it's not that noticeable. i'm wondering if this will affect performance or if it will affect performance in the long run. thanks for looking guys all help would be appreciated.

BTW no one should buy ultralite barrels from icemanbgb - he sells 2nd rate dye-reject blem barrels. he doesn't even sell the barrels with nubbins and o-rings. [doesn't mention it either] another guy that had the same problem with his barrel contacted dave youngblood at dye and he said that all his barrels come with nubbins and o-rings already included. again, icemanbgb sucks!
I dont know who is shooting the bull here, but Dye barrels do NOT come with ANY orings or nubbins. Someone is pulling your leg. And a silly scratch in your barrel will do nothing to hurt anything.

keyser_soze
04-25-2004, 11:22 AM
so this scratch won't get worse over time since it 's aluminum?

mobius
04-25-2004, 10:06 PM
Not by itself. If you get dirt or something in there, then yeah, you'll continue scratching the barrel. That's why most of us quit using barral plugs, and went to the "condoms."

keyser_soze
04-25-2004, 10:29 PM
thanks guys