PDA

View Full Version : Lots of leaking..........

Magz_rule
04-25-2004, 10:48 AM
My gun is leaking all over. I just got my gun back (a week or 2 ago) from AGD after being serviced because it was leaking. The valve still leaks down the barrel. I have a level 7 bolt using .220 spacer and .750 on/off pin. Also my drop forward is leaking around the on/off knob. I thought it was the on/off o-ring so I checked it and oiled it but thats not it. Any ideas on either of these? If agd cant fix my valve im thinking no one can......

Magz_rule
04-25-2004, 03:28 PM
anyone? :confused:

anxiouspaintblr
04-25-2004, 05:08 PM
ok try this, take out your bolt and valve then stick your finger in and see if there is any barb, or sharpness anywhere on that ring. Also look at your bolt see if there's any indent or scratch on it.

Magz_rule
04-25-2004, 07:53 PM
Nope no barbs or sharpness. anyone else?

tmnothing
04-26-2004, 10:18 AM
You say that it is leaking near your on/off on your drop forward, i would put on a different asa that one might not be any good. Also if it is leaking down the barrel you need a smaller spacer, do you have the spacer kit? You have the correct length on/off pin for a am/mm rail/valve setup. It is possible that AGD put in a specific spacer when you sent it to them and after some use o-rings may have been worn in a little and now you need to move to one size smaller for the spacer. You say it is a L7 bolt, is it a classic valve, are you using CO2 or HPA? Make sure you have plenty of oil and the right kind of oil in the gun. I drop 4-5 drops of oil in my asa every time I air up and shoot 30-40 times without a barrel to get the oil throughout the valve. If you dont oil regularly your o-rings will not seal properly and a leak will develop.

Magz_rule
04-26-2004, 10:44 AM
Its an emag valve with level 7. No i dont have the power tube spacer kit either. It was leaking when i sent it to them with the worn o-rings and it is still leaking. I oiled it up and it still leaks. AS for the drop i guess ill have to but a new asa. So i should just buy the power tube spacer kit? Someone told me that a .220 shouldnt leak but i guess ill have to try it.
Thanks

Dayspring
04-26-2004, 11:15 AM
It's different for every gun, as orings are all different, as are the bolt stem tolerances.

That's why there are kits.

AGDlover
04-26-2004, 03:45 PM
for the lvl7 bolt if its leaking take off the Power Tube tip and the spacer and there is a O-ring behind it replace that o-ring. and as for the on off just call in to get a new o-ring

AGDlover
04-26-2004, 03:47 PM
oh ya and as for spacers for a lvl7 thoughs you should not worry about unless you are haveing bolt stick

Magz_rule
04-26-2004, 04:31 PM
I just replaced the power tube o-ring :rolleyes: