PDA

View Full Version : Couple Questions

p8intballer777
04-25-2004, 03:21 PM
I was wanting to build a custom mag, but then I would have to find everything and this would be my first mag. So My plans where

Ygrip
lvl10
ule body
dye ultralite
x valve

What gun can i get that i can put all of these parts on? Or am I just better off building from scratch? I mean if i get a whole gun I will just change out everything on it.

Tunaman
04-25-2004, 04:14 PM
I can build you that marker no problem. Email me. ;)

Tunaman
04-25-2004, 04:57 PM
I can build you that marker no problem. Email me. ;)

mobius
04-25-2004, 05:58 PM
You can also buy that direct from AGD, and it would be cheaper than buying all the parts separately. It would be $477 for a ULE body, X-valve, Y-frame, ULE trigger kit, LVL 10, and no barrel. Plus, it all comes assembled and tuned. It doesn't get much better than that.

p8intballer777
04-25-2004, 06:54 PM
So how many bps will I be hitting with this? So I know what hopper to buy. Thanks

mobius
04-25-2004, 10:02 PM
BPS really depends on your finger control. I've seen guys with Walmart guns outshoot guys with nicer electros b/c the electro guy had poor finger control. As for capability of the gun itself, with a ULE trigger, 8-12 BPS is probably realistic. Therefore, a Revvy or similar will do just fine. A Halo would be overkill. Plus, with the Revvy and the Y-frame, you can intellifeed it, so it feeds on every shot.

chasden
04-25-2004, 10:31 PM
WARPIG has a great by-the-numbers tutorial on how to build a Custom Mag:

Building an ULE Automag, Part I
http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/paintguns/automag/ulemag/index.shtml

Building an ULE Automag, Part II
http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/paintguns/automag/ulemag/index2.shtml

Remake101
04-26-2004, 07:06 AM
I would say buy a Custom ULE RT direct from the factory. You can get all that stuff plus more. With every upgrade and shipping my friends came out to about $700. That was with a nitro tank and a hopper. he already has a freak with cocker threads. Most people that just start with a ULE RT get about 12-16 bps in the beginning. With the right upgrades you can get up to 23 bps. With my mag which is below i can somtimes cap 20 bps but thats only if im shooting really well. In the beginning you should do just fine with a revy but if you get good enough you might need to get a halo :) you could just get a halo from the get go, but thats up to you.

tmnothing
04-26-2004, 10:27 AM
Definetely just buy it already assembled. Before AGD dropped the floor from the RT prices I bought all of the parts and assembled one myself. It is a really kickin mag and a solid mech backup but i definetely paid alot for it, more than I'll ever get out of it and more than you'll pay for one assembled by the techs at agd. I had a 12v revvie on my rt for as long as I used it and RARELY outshot it, probably only once or twice. It is very hard to walk a mech mag even with the ult (for me at least) so the revvie was always plenty.

p8intballer777
04-26-2004, 05:26 PM
What would I get higher rates of fire on the y frip or the intelliframe?

tmnothing
04-26-2004, 05:47 PM
That's a question of personal preference. try to imagine what would be more comfortable for you holding the gun. see how you hold your current gun and if the y-grip angle would be more comfortable to you go with that. As far as actual capabilities i believe they are exactly the same except for the angle of the grip.