PDA

View Full Version : intimidators look disgusting

magman#1
04-25-2004, 04:10 PM
they look so akward even when they have all the nice milling. does anybody think this but me?

68magOwner
04-25-2004, 04:15 PM
yea, i think some looks weeirs, but i saw a couple empire's and alias's this weekend, wow, just wow, they were hot

viperx1_1000
04-25-2004, 04:17 PM
Do you wear glasses or have contacts?
just a question.

Chronobreak
04-25-2004, 04:32 PM
some people like em and some dont i HATE them mainloy for the fact there overpriced e-spyders basically, and if they break ur just about screwed and ther kinda awkward, however i dont mind the looks either way and they perform pretty well overall just not my cup of tea

oldsoldier
04-25-2004, 04:36 PM
some people like em and some dont i HATE them mainloy for the fact there overpriced e-spyders basically, and if they break ur just about screwed and ther kinda awkward, however i dont mind the looks either way and they perform pretty well overall just not my cup of tea

Look, once again, they are NOTHING like a spyder. The body style is tube stacked, that is ALL. I am tired of people saying this...there is no sear, no spring...tear apart a spyder, and tear apart a timmy. THEN tell me its an "overpriced spyder".

SpecialBlend2786
04-25-2004, 04:41 PM
Look, once again, they are NOTHING like a spyder. The body style is tube stacked, that is ALL. I am tired of people saying this...there is no sear, no spring...tear apart a spyder, and tear apart a timmy. THEN tell me its an "overpriced spyder".

I agree. The origional Timmy's may have used Spyder bodies, but now adays, everything is different. Ow one of the only things that they have in common is that they fire from an open bolt.

GT
04-25-2004, 05:18 PM
I think they are pretty sweet guns. If I didnt order my JMJ viking I would have bought an empire....

puckmaster
04-25-2004, 07:22 PM
(removed-cphilip) damn, i'm sick of people calling timmys expensive spyders. The only thing they have in common is the look sort of and the open bolt. everything else is different. If you call a timmy a spyder, then you'd have to call any open bolt, stacked tube design a spyder. That would include an impulse, timmy, bushy, and even angels.

WARPED1
04-25-2004, 07:23 PM
Intimidators are ugly in my opinion.

imstoiched!
04-25-2004, 07:33 PM
Uh, what's the point of this thread? :rolleyes: Ugly, I think you mo..nevermine

I'm the owner of a 2K1 Timmy Classic and the milling on the grip and the body alone is leagues ahead of any marker that year. Milling as in machined out of solid billet al. Most spyders (not all esp. the newer 2k4's) is cast aluminum

As for the statement about them breaking down, My maintenance includes teardown of the regs every 3-5 cases and cleaning the body when it's covered in paint.

So there! :p

durtysoufcraka
04-25-2004, 07:34 PM
i think they're really ugly, timmies are really long and they look unnecessarily stretched out. and not good. hooray for mags.

1stdeadeye
04-25-2004, 07:44 PM
I guess people call them fancy spyders, because as Tom Kaye pointed out that is how Bob Long describes them in the owners manual! :p

tony3
04-25-2004, 07:45 PM
I think this ranks as one of the stupidest thread ever, right up there with the I got my finger stuck in my barrel thread....

Mikey B
04-25-2004, 08:44 PM
and even angels.

now we have gone to far :eek:

But I think Timmys look sweet. I love the double reg on the classics.

zacbot
04-25-2004, 08:49 PM
i think they look okay..but id like them better if they didnt have the milling..cuz it would be less expensive..:-d

Kevmaster
04-25-2004, 08:52 PM
yeeehhh...

Zedaine
04-25-2004, 09:06 PM
Do you wear glasses or have contacts?
just a question.

If you wear glasses or contacts doesn't mean you see things differently.
I think timmies are sexy. It's all about your opinion.

Cheeseball24
04-25-2004, 09:14 PM
i dont like em either

Digits
04-25-2004, 09:29 PM
Most timmies are ugly to me.. Except for Alias, Naughty Dogs, and the Species.. Also the ones that are like custom Alias's are nice to.. But I don't like the 2k2's or 2k1's.. Ugly IMO

GoatBoy
04-25-2004, 09:41 PM
The Intimidator marker is a solenoid controlled open-bolt design, very similar to the popular open-bolt blowback design found in the Spyder. The primary difference is that instead of a blowback re-cocking on a spring-loaded striker, the bolt is locked into a dual pressurized machined slider. The back of the chamber is pessurized to move the bolt forward, and the front is pressurized to move the bolt backward. This allows for very low cycling pressure as well as much less cocking recoil. An electronic 4-way valve controls this slider.

As far as the Intimidator manual is concerned, it's a Spyder that uses a RAM instead of a hammer/spring. The bolt operation is basically the same, as well as using the same double-stack design with the bolt linkage to the valve striker. The valve still operates roughly the same way. Velocity control is in theory the same on both -- a combination of how long you slam the valve open, and whatever your regulator is feeding you.

So let's round them all up... same bolt action, same valve action, roughly same form factor (if not slightly larger than a Spyder), roughly the same weight (if not slightly heavier than a Spyder). Different force pushing the bolt/striker. Oh, and probably lower operating pressure. Because, you know, it makes the balls fly further and more accurately.

That's it. If I say an EMag is a fancy Mag, are you guys going to get all worked up as well? Even better, if I say a hAIR trigger'd mag is just a fancy mag, are you going to get worked up? Just looking at the parts list and diagrams, how could you possibly MISS all the similarities?

Hell, the same marketing philosophy seems to drive both guns, which is part of the point of this thread. Spyders pretty much all just sport different gee-whiz aesthetic changes. Intimidators... gee, same thing, only even more gaudy. Can you say 'gaudy'? Evidently, a lot of people can't. They might as well make a Trogdor edition Intimidator. With a big beefy arm coming out the back of his neck there.

Mango
04-25-2004, 09:45 PM
They might as well make a Trogdor edition Intimidator. With a big beefy arm coming out the back of his neck there.

I would sooo buy that!!!

angelbeast24
04-25-2004, 09:45 PM
yeah im def not a fan of timmys

tony3
04-25-2004, 09:49 PM
Yeah, guess what? An imp is the exact same as a spyder, except it have a pnuematic operated hammer instead of a spring driven one. Guess what? Angels are spyders that use puematic driven hammers instead of a spring and blowback gas recocking it. As far as I know, so is a macdev cyborg. Oh yeah, a cocker is just a closed bolt spyder that uses pnuematics. You can compare any stacked tube gun to a spyder, its not very hard.

tyrion2323
04-25-2004, 10:00 PM
My experience with Intimidators has left a negative taste for them; however, I know many people who love them to death.

While this post is very, very stupid and pointless, I must agree. Timmies are pretty damned ugly. Especially the species and dragon timmies. My gawd.

But then again, I've had people tell me that 'mags are ugly. I like the look of mags. It's preference, really. Anyone who tells you differently has an agenda.

Konigballer
04-25-2004, 10:03 PM
I've hated all stacked tube guns for years, I classify them all as "brick guns", so timmies are defintely on my hate list. The fancy milling or designs on these kind of guns, to me at least, just make it more obvious that the friggin' gun is a brick in the first place and look totally out of place.

This is purly aethetics, and I have complete respect for the performance of many of these "bricks" on the field, timmies and vikings are definetly included, and have been lit up at various times by some of them :p :(

I've just always loved single stacked guns :)

GoatBoy
04-25-2004, 10:04 PM
Yeah, guess what? An imp is the exact same as a spyder, except it have a pnuematic operated hammer instead of a spring driven one. Guess what? Angels are spyders that use puematic driven hammers instead of a spring and blowback gas recocking it. As far as I know, so is a macdev cyborg. Oh yeah, a cocker is just a closed bolt spyder that uses pnuematics. You can compare any stacked tube gun to a spyder, its not very hard.

You sir, you are correct. That is exactly how I see those all those guns in my mind. I look at the valve/bolt, then look at the form factor.

And then I look at my mag, and I'm happy once again. :)

taylor492
04-25-2004, 10:11 PM
Id take an intimidator over a DM4 anyday.

Ill tell you why alot of people bag on them. Because theyre not the "HOT" item anymore. This sport and alot of others are driven by hype.

gc82000
04-25-2004, 10:19 PM
so in this mindset a shocker is just a mag with a body over the valve. :rolleyes: and the bodies from deadly wind will turn a mag into a shocker, becuase body is covering the valve.
am i right or are you going to be mad at me.
all i am saying is that diferent strokes for different folks. :p

yeahthatsme
04-25-2004, 10:21 PM
its preference, i like how timmy's look but i dont like how they feel when i hold/shoot them. i'm more of a spool valve fan.

Konigballer
04-25-2004, 10:23 PM
agreed, whatever my quibles about the looks of timmies, the DM4 is by far the ugliest, goofiest looking gun I've ever seen with a price tag that high.

With the DM4, its like the designers thought to themselves, "well, we've got the performance we wanted, but it's appearance just needs a generous touch of gay".

:p

AcemanPB
04-25-2004, 10:30 PM
I don't see what to big freaking deal is. My Angel works just like my Mag and just like any other gun on the market. The air goes on one end, paintballs on the other end, and they both come out the barrel! Who cares if it uses a spring or a hammer? Who cares if it uses a sear or a spool valve? As long as it's shooting paint consistently and efficently who cares? If you simplify it enough, all paintball guns work the same.

Besides, a Timmy works more like a Impy/Bushy than a Spyder anyways :p

yeahthatsme
04-25-2004, 10:47 PM
yea but theres a difference in feel from a spool valve gun and other types. i just prefer the feel of spool valve guns. its just another angle of preference.

Jerhew
04-25-2004, 10:54 PM
They might as well make a Trogdor edition Intimidator. With a big beefy arm coming out the back of his neck there.

lmfao- dude im buying you a pizza

then next year they'll come out with the trogdor 2k5 "burnination" edition timmy...
gaudy flames milled everywhere possible
really really big trigger guards(so you can squeeze your boxing gloves in there)
and the majesty, OH MAN! the majesty would be incredible :D

tony3
04-25-2004, 10:58 PM
I've hated all stacked tube guns for years, I classify them all as "brick guns", so timmies are defintely on my hate list. The fancy milling or designs on these kind of guns, to me at least, just make it more obvious that the friggin' gun is a brick in the first place and look totally out of place.

This is purly aethetics, and I have complete respect for the performance of many of these "bricks" on the field, timmies and vikings are definetly included, and have been lit up at various times by some of them :p :(

I've just always loved single stacked guns :)

Fanciest bricks I have ever seen :p

cphilip
04-25-2004, 11:17 PM
Never liked em either. No matter how cool or wild someone has done something to them. Just don't like the way they look. Has nothing to do with how they work. Heck I hate the way Tippmans look. But like the way Spyders look. So I just do... And that has nothing to do with how they work. But every time I chime in and give my oppionion I get mobbed over it. So never mind! :D

magman#1
04-25-2004, 11:26 PM
all you guys hijacking my thread, i'm not saying anything about performance timmys are great performing guns i'm sure and are definetly not spyder clones, i'm just saying the way the top and bottom tube are staggered and the way the grip frame is they just look akward like they're not put together right. it's the same thing with the battery pack on e/x-mags, it just looks out of place. angels on the other hand are just sooo hot looking.

Kevmaster
04-25-2004, 11:42 PM
all you guys hijacking my thread

um....yes. thats what happens to 95% of threads on this forum. The other 5% are actually meaningful. Not that that is a bad thing though....

oh, and to chime in on the timmy-spyder...
Yes, a Timmy is a glorified spyder. So are a lot of other electros. But thats not BAD. The Spyder valve is one of the best valve designs made. It is self regulating to a large degree. It will produce the same velocity even when teh pressure increases and decreases (Timmys though won't--due to the dwell setting).