PDA

View Full Version : any NIN fans?

ZSigErik
04-25-2004, 04:19 PM
Well, I just recently got into Nine Inch Nails due to my friend Gabe playing me the live DVD of The Fragile, and I was completely blown away. I went and bought The Fragile, Downward Spiral, and Pretty Hate Machine. I am falling head over heals in love with NIN.

So far Ive only listened to The Fragile, left and right, becuase I wanna move backwards, and Its so so so good. So anyone else on AO a big NIN fan, have any recommendations on what else to get into with them, anything at all?

JimmyBeam
04-25-2004, 07:44 PM
pretty hate machine is one of my all time favorite albums

mcveighr
04-25-2004, 07:51 PM
I used to be a huge fan, but got pretty fed up with TR and new material or lack thereof.

My fav cd is Downward Spiral, favourite song is Just like you imagined.

WickeDKlowN
04-25-2004, 08:48 PM
NIN is pretty good. I've been meaning to pick up(*cough*download*cough*) a couple of their CDs but I always forget.

graycie
04-25-2004, 09:15 PM
i used to be really into NIN back in the days of high school. in '94 i went to see them during their "self destruct" tour with then not so notable marilyn manson(with male strippers) and jim rose circus sideshow. i guess that made up for missing them at the first lollapalooza back in '91 or so...since then i haven't been following NIN as much, also trent has been working on other projects. i must agree with jimmybeam on pretty hate machine, thats my favorite NIN album.

Blennidae
04-25-2004, 09:18 PM
I own HALO 1-10 and HALO 14.

edweird
04-25-2004, 10:39 PM
with one minor exception I own everything Trent Reznor has released.

hands down NIN is by far my fav band ever

The Deacon
04-25-2004, 10:40 PM
NIN = teh roxor. Best band ever. Can't wait for DOOM 3, TR is doing the soundtrack... that's a perfect combination.

Konigballer
04-25-2004, 11:45 PM
I've loved em for years, although I'm the last person you'd think would, I look like a mega jock. Working through NIN's catalog backwards is an intersting idea, and yeah, The Fragile DVD is hardcore :)

The Downward Spiral really is an album "experience", when you get it you should take the time to listen to the whole thing from start to finish if possible.

When you get to the Broken EP, listen to wish. Its one of Reznors hardest hitting songs I think, it friggin' rocks :D And dont forget the hidden tracks at the end.

Once you pickup Pretty Hate Machine, you will see how far Nine Inch Nails have come, its a great album though.

Theres a billion inbetween releases, remixes and stuff mostly, and everybody has their favorites, but the three cd's outlined above are choice must haves.

ZSigErik
04-26-2004, 07:37 AM
Ha, awesome. Yea Konig, Im the same boat you are with appearence. I look like the all american preppy guy. Looks like he listen to new punk or rap or some other bad music, but Im a metal head inside ;) .

I just cant stop listening to NIN now, but I know thats a good thing. My favorite song ths far is Pilgrimage.

-=Squid=-
04-26-2004, 09:41 AM
Im a huge NIN fan... I have all of there albums/remixes, and my parents know trent reznor...

I think I made a thread just like this back in the day.