PDA

View Full Version : A Q loader movie

Dr.hp.
04-25-2004, 04:47 PM
This is MAD speed.
Click."save target as" (hem.bredband.net/lanmik/Q-loder.MPG)

It not just a test for the Qloader, they are also testing the new smaller Racevalves.

The ballbreak is in the barrel. Not a chopped ball.
http://www.air-powered.com/uploads/post-16-1082990104.jpg

SpecialBlend2786
04-25-2004, 04:54 PM
sweet vid!
Is that a cocker you're shooting?

Thermus
04-25-2004, 04:56 PM
Wow, that looks really really cool when its spinning and stuff.

Dr.hp.
04-25-2004, 05:01 PM
sweet vid!
Is that a cocker you're shooting?
No, it's a HalfBlock by www.racegun.dk

trevorjk
04-25-2004, 05:05 PM
how fast is that shooting? i know its pretty insanely fast but how fast?

trevorjk
04-25-2004, 05:12 PM
im guessing its some where around 22 but i dont have the stuff on my computer to make sure

GoatBoy
04-25-2004, 05:40 PM
Heh, funny video. Too bad he breaks one, although it looks like that gun was eye'd as it immediately stopped when the paint ran out, so I guess it was a fabled 'barrel break'.

The look on the guy's face at the end is priceless.

Zedaine
04-25-2004, 05:48 PM
Nice vid, those things look a lot better when they're in action.

GT
04-25-2004, 07:22 PM
wow :confused:

UltimatePaintballer
04-25-2004, 07:42 PM
those things are so fine and way better in action!

someone make a vid on how to reload it. i wanna see if its difficult or somethin

GoatBoy
04-25-2004, 11:06 PM
those things are so fine and way better in action!

someone make a vid on how to reload it. i wanna see if its difficult or somethin

Uhm...

Reloading as in changing pods, or reloading as in putting the paint in? I made a quick clip of me putting the paint in one of the pods. If someone wants to host it, I'll cough it up.

Konigballer
04-26-2004, 12:19 AM
thats impressive, its cool to see the balls spiral down the tube.

I still have no real concept of how it actually all works, it seems very elvish to me still.

GoatBoy
04-26-2004, 01:55 PM
The Q-Loader pods are honestly a really nice piece of work. Now that I have one in hand, I can give a little better description as to how they work. I think anyone who's held one in their hand and inspected it would think pretty well of the pod unit itself. If they say differently, I think they either didn't understand it, or are on some sort of personal smear campaign.

Probably the best way to think about it is think of a vending machine with the wire screw that pushes snacks forward. Now, instead of the screw rotating and pushing the snacks, imagine the entire machine rotating the snacks around the screw in fixed position. That's probably an easier way of understanding how the thing operates. Inside the pod in the spiral section, I'd imagine that it's actually very gentle on the paint -- all it's doing is shifting the entire stack upward as a whole (as opposed to trying to push the entire stack upward from behind). The system's actually a tube in a tube, and it's the inner tube that you see rotating.

When the paint reaches the top of the pod, they shuffle into their own individual "chambers" at the top. Looking at it from the top, the chambers kid of look like the chambers of a revolver. Or better yet, think of one of those revolving doors that buildings use. Let's say that people are slowly dropped into the revolving door from the top, and then the revolving door spins to fling them out the front. Since each one is in its own chamber at the top, you still don't get a whole lot of force behind each ball. The real force comes when the ball finally reaches the end of the pod and meets the stack leading to the gun. As the chambers revolve, the paint is diverted out of the pod tangentially, and the motion of the chamber is turned into a pushing motion on the ball/stack.

The force put on the exit stack is not even throughout the entire rotation. It changes depending on the chamber position. It will go strong-soft-strong-soft. This is what prevents the system from feeding past detents. This is also why you need to adjust the feed stack so that it meets up somewhat evenly with the pod. If you load up the paint in a pod and slowly let it out with your fingers, you can feel the amount of force vary with the ball positioning -- in fact, I've managed to have it sit right at a dead point and not feed at all without a little shaking -- which is a problem that I've read some people having. Some people might be cutting off the tube right at the dead point. Instead, I think they should cut it somewhat off-center of the dead point (slightly before or slightly after, I have not figured out which is better, but I'm thinking slightly after the dead point is the better choice).

The other thing to note... When the pods are not engaged, the paint rattles. Yeah, it makes noise, and that's a negative. But if you stop to think about it... If they rattle, then they must not be under pressure. So... not like this thing is going to break paint in it by itself. That's right, it's going to need help from YOU, the intrepid user.

Now, if you notice, I said specifically that the "Q-Loader pods are a nice piece of work." The mounting system, as I predicted MONTHS ago (like, at least October of last year), is a real piece of... something else. If you notice in the video -- that thing isn't mounted, it's sitting on the guy's arm. I have a Q-Loader myself, and guess what? It's not mounted anywhere either. I'm still working on my modified mount. I fear that if they don't fix the mounting system soon, the product is as good as dead. Which is why I'm trying to buy up a few from unhappy users to use as spares, but that has proven to be absolutely fruitless (in a rather suspicious way). I'm going to stop myself here before I go tripling this post size and getting myself banned for foul language trying to discuss the mount.

Anyways, just thought I'd share some of this with you guys.

fcpchop
04-26-2004, 03:40 PM
that is really fast, does ne one know how much those things cost new?

TeamNausea
04-26-2004, 04:08 PM
Wow............

Dr.hp.
04-27-2004, 01:50 AM
that is really fast, does ne one know how much those things cost new?The HalfBlock or the Qloader?

Z-man
04-27-2004, 03:55 AM
Aww see now I am all bummed. You did that video indoors and the sounds is clipped so much that I cannot get an accurate reading.

http://www.zakvetter.com/extra/Q-Sound.gif

2 things would be nice.

1- do it somewhere (usually outside) where there is no echo. Otherwise it's hard to tell what is a shot and what is an echo and thus get a clean count

2- dont use a cocker ;) with that double action cocking 1/2 of the bangs that are recorded is the back block and while it certainly looks cool, it sounds 2x as fast as it's shooting.

The best I could estimate in comparison to my various videos was ~22-24bps but again I really need a clear clip to tell for sure.

Kinda like my old RT Pro rapid-fire clip (http://www.zakvetter.com/Videos/rapidfire.mov)

THIS is mad speed (wait till I get paint for it)--->34cps on a stock Classic RT (http://www.zakvetter.com/Videos/ClassicRT-RF.mov) AND I KNOW I LOOK LIKE AN IDIOT!

Dr.hp.
04-29-2004, 11:59 PM
Hahah Crazy MAG vid :D

emanjamin
05-11-2004, 08:26 AM
Looks like I am getting a set of those now...