PDA

View Full Version : ANS phase II?And co2 questions.

Igotu
04-25-2004, 04:50 PM
I recently found an ans phase II valve. I was wondering what the porpose of these is. Are there any good, I hear there arn't.

I tryed to play with my mag on co2 yesterday and it froze up. I was using a remote so it shouldnt of. Is it my level 10 because it was sticking. My friend with an x chamber shot his all day and it started giving him probs at the end. What can I do to use my mag on co2.

Miscue
04-25-2004, 06:12 PM
I recently found an ans phase II valve. I was wondering what the porpose of these is. Are there any good, I hear there arn't.

I tryed to play with my mag on co2 yesterday and it froze up. I was using a remote so it shouldnt of. Is it my level 10 because it was sticking. My friend with an x chamber shot his all day and it started giving him probs at the end. What can I do to use my mag on co2.

It offers no advantage over the stock valve. At best they work the same, but some work worse with various problems.

For CO2 - expansion chamber and anti-syphon tube. If you're going to get more than that, you might as well get an HPA tank.

Cristobal
04-25-2004, 07:35 PM
The phase II originally had an advantage because it had multiple holes drilled to allow better airflow from the back "regulator" portion of the valve into the hole leading to the on/off -- the classic "eight hole mod". This ceased to be an issue (or an advantage) when AGD started making the back and font halves of the valve match so that the hole from the regulator pistor cavity lined up with the air passage going to the on/off. Ever since, the phase II hasn't really had a point. Its steel, too, iirc so there really isn't an advantage to having it. I have an old Diamond Labs "hurricane" valve which is the same thing but in aluminum, and at least cuts the weight of the valve.

The best way to run co2 on a mag is with a palmer stabilizer or aka sidewinder or other co2 friendly reg. But like miscue said, instead of spending the money for one of those ($50 min used), you're probably better off just going nitro.

Igotu
04-25-2004, 07:59 PM
I allready have nitro just no fill stations near by so I have to resort to co2. So the problems not with the lvl X?