PDA

View Full Version : Gotta love paintballs at 350 FPS

spadge67
04-25-2004, 07:06 PM
Played at Drop Zone paintball today, there was this kid with a viewloader orion, whos fps was running at like, 350, heres what he did - http://myweb.cableone.net/brassart/wound2.jpg
see, what happened here, was he hit me on the forearm, thats where you see the initial point of impact, and then the SHELL cut up my upper-arm.. This kid was about 50 feet away... when i walked off the field, one of the refs just about had a heart attack...

The refs made the kid re chrony, and at was at 348, he wouldnt look at me the rest of the day, i went up to him and told him it was OK later tho

The Action Figure
04-25-2004, 07:38 PM
lol 1234554321 :rolleyes:

TeamNausea
04-25-2004, 07:39 PM
I would have bonus-balled him to death i hat to say ;)

bawitheba
04-25-2004, 07:47 PM
How to cure that prob next time. Crone your gun in at arroumd 175 to 200 and bonus ball him to death. When he yealls out out out say no get back in one hasn't broke yet. It should take arround 50 rounds from 50 foot to break. Thats just my 2 cents

kungfuhampster11
04-25-2004, 07:50 PM
hey man, dont dis the orion, twas my first gun, brings a tear to my eye that i need to sell it for money for an intelliframe :( . . . ahhh nvm, i dont need it when i have a mag :D

Mag Master 04
04-25-2004, 08:13 PM
i have one of those from saterday... my friend jared (jarley77) bunkered me hardcore (shouldnt have happened i shouldnt have known better) and he shot me on my wasteline on the left side... i was wearing my pack and i got shot and i was still bleeding... someone was hot :rolleyes: its crazy sore and i got a nice welty black and blue bruise :(

nt2004
04-25-2004, 08:16 PM
How to cure that prob next time. Crone your gun in at arroumd 175 to 200 and bonus ball him to death. When he yealls out out out say no get back in one hasn't broke yet. It should take arround 50 rounds from 50 foot to break. Thats just my 2 cents
no if you want to get someone back, just use polar ice on them in the summer. Doesnt break whatsoever

Augiedoggy18
04-25-2004, 08:48 PM
Last time I played I saw the worst case of hot shooting that I've been around. This kid shot a guy on my team, and the ball went through (that's right, it punched a hole) his Dye jersey and created a one inch across open wound. Poor guy, he had a huge bleeding hole in his gut, and the wound was filled with paint and chips of the shell. The kid that shot him damn near got lynched as he was running from the field after being kicked out by the owners. I hate people who crank up their velocity after chronoing.

spadge67
04-25-2004, 09:02 PM
glad mines not that sever, not dissin the orion, just mentioning the marker he was using

pjammaman
04-25-2004, 09:16 PM
I was hit like that last summer just about the same place. the guy was shooting at 325 when chronoed. :eek: he had set it for 280 but hadn't locked down the adjuster and was about 20 feet away when he shot me. He was very apollogetic about the whole incident. as it wasn't intentional I just forgave him and got on with playing. After all if you play the game you expect to get hit and with the laws of probability it's bound to happen eventually.

Konigballer
04-25-2004, 10:16 PM
...wow, taking paintball hits at 340 fps...mmmmm....thats called playing against newbs with Spyders. :o

I dont know if the newer models can but the older ones were supposed to get up to around 400fps I think, and their usual owners usually didnt even know to take the barreel plug out of the gun first, let alone chrono the thing....I guess its just part of the game :(

The Deacon
04-25-2004, 10:24 PM
At this one game, this guy I know was hit with a hot long ball that dislocated his finger! :eek: They caught the guy, and he was shooting plenty hot, not sure how hot though.

It was a plague of hot shots that day, I was really concerned for my health.

Later that day, a hot shot went through the mouth portion of a kid's mask! That whole day I was a little concerned for my health.

REDRT
04-25-2004, 10:32 PM
I bought a new raven mask to try out this weekend and I got one direct in the lower lip/center of the face guard. I don't know how it got though enough to split my lip, but it felt like I got punched a good one. Spitting out blood for a few. I bet that one was hot.

ramennoodles
04-25-2004, 10:53 PM
dang that sucks dude.
i got hit once twice in the forhead by new player. he was playing on and shooting hot, it irritated me, but justice was served by the refs, anyone ever see the...i think it was 2003 mardi gras open match between aftershock and dynasty where the kid got tackled? reminded me of that. anyway, it looked like i was sprouting horns ( and yes i was wearing a mask, i just had the visor removed.)

Loud Tim
04-25-2004, 11:10 PM
i feel your pain man i was doing drill with a certain member of the ao communty today **cough big chops cough**
and before we went out he was like yeah im at indoor feild speed im shootin like 230 so i take his word for it and we dont crono we get out on the feild and he is shootin zingers at me like so fast that i cant even track the paint coming in so we crono his gun and this crazy kid is shooting at 385 :rolleyes:
damn kids these days

Skoad
04-25-2004, 11:43 PM
To be honest it doesn't look that bad. I get shell cuts all the time too

Target Practice
04-26-2004, 12:06 AM
Note to self: Do not play with Big Chops. JK. I don't see what is so hard about it. Just chrono before you go out. You use a couple of shots, a not-enough-to-matter amount of air, and a couple of seconds. No Worries.

Oh well, c'est la vie.

ProX9
04-26-2004, 12:11 AM
i had a tippmann 98 that was shooting 375 fps.... it was indoor with the longest shot being 60 feet.... limit 265fps... I didnt get kicked out because i didnt realize i had my gun pointed down for so long.

Bolter
04-26-2004, 08:11 AM
your welt looks a little like the Dye symbol.

Load SM5
04-26-2004, 09:02 AM
I bought a new raven mask to try out this weekend and I got one direct in the lower lip/center of the face guard. I don't know how it got though enough to split my lip, but it felt like I got punched a good one. Spitting out blood for a few. I bet that one was hot.

May not have been hot. That's happened to me too. Different paints have different shells and some can almost act like a plastic more than a gelatin. When it fragments on your grill some small bits can fly in and cut you, even at safe speeds.

Bolter
04-26-2004, 10:24 AM
it happens often when the ball hits your mouthpiece of your goggles and it shatters the paint and you end up with a bloody lip!

evildead420
04-26-2004, 01:16 PM
damn, u took it very easy on it. my friend got shot in the side of the head by a 350, made his ear ring like a mofo and luckly it didnt crack the mask. We were calling , check the speed of that, they chrono the kid and thats what came up.they chrono before every game so he turned his full blast. So the next game, all hell broke lose when 10:1 was capping him the next game! that was cool, never forget that one.the screaming and the ageny. early days of paintball in Hawaii :p

The Deacon
04-26-2004, 01:37 PM
I'm sure everyone's been hit by the "newbie holding his bottomline spyder down" and popping you a shot. At this indoor, I was moving up the right, and my team told me the left side was clear... it wasn't. Some newb was waiting for me with his spyder pointed at the floor. All I remember was a WHAM WHAM WHAM and I was on the floor. He hit me in the side of the head at least 3 times and I think he hit me in the temple, which is not good with the soft ears on my Proflexes. I was dazed and confused for a good 30 minutes and had to call it a day after that.

PissedGodzilla
04-26-2004, 02:04 PM
excuse me for probably making a stupid question, but what would pointing your marker down at the ground do about velocity?

is it a co2 thing?

Loud Tim
04-26-2004, 03:01 PM
yes it is if u hold the gun so that the tank is pointing down the liquid co2 makes the gun spike.