PDA

View Full Version : Bob long torpedo Vs. Stabilizer *on C02

barrel break
04-25-2004, 10:08 PM
I recently heard someone say that the torpedo is a clone of the stabilizer. is this true? will a torpedo increase my consistancy on co2 as much as a Stab?

thanks

XbeasleyX
04-26-2004, 05:21 PM
Dont buy either and just upgrade to air, which is way more consistant by itself.

barrel break
04-26-2004, 06:23 PM
you know, I can't. and it makes me quite mad when people immediately say that, please just answer the question.

puckmaster
04-26-2004, 06:27 PM
i would say stabalizer. i know those work good with co2, but i'm not sure about the torp.

ghideon
04-26-2004, 06:55 PM
Stabilizer.

I used to use one with an anti-siphon tank with my Tippy M98C. Worked like a charm.

Can't go wrong with the Stabs.

spyder_strypes
04-26-2004, 07:57 PM
Dont buy either and just upgrade to air, which is way more consistant by itself. A stabilizer running on anti-siphoned CO2 will be more consistant than most HPA tanks.

Both work great on CO2. Make sure it's anti-siphoned though.

jdaniels
04-26-2004, 08:19 PM
is that true spyder strypes. does the tank need to be anit-siphoned for it to be completly regualted. I have a stabilizer but not a a-s tank, to scared to do it myself.

spyder_strypes
04-26-2004, 08:43 PM
All regs work better with anti-siphoned CO2. Some people say that stablilizers don't need to be, but it does helps. Have your proshop do it, it's only around $10.

BlackHalo
04-27-2004, 12:20 PM
Stabes are great...friend let me use his typhoon, but forgot to tell me where the anti siphon on his tank was set. I put the tank all the way in and I was running a siphon tank all day without a problem. One game I had ice forming on the stabe.

There's a great pic on POG where on a dual stabe setup, ice formed on the first (female) stabe but nothing on the second (male).

stupiddogg
04-27-2004, 12:32 PM
I rock my 2k3 C/f blazer on antisiphoned/ female stabbed with no probs, great consistancy on a 20 oz I get about 1400-1500 shots

I also ran my 2k3 vike with a dual stab and fatty stab set up with awesome results on the same tank, no frost, no probs, and really makes people mad lol
1200 shots on a 20 oz

I prefer the 68/4500 on my vike, but wanted to see how it would do, IMHO it did very well....... yeah sometimes I run with scissors too lol

barrel break
04-27-2004, 06:25 PM
well, I'm already running anti-siphoned co2 on my WGP stock inline, but My fundamental question is, how does a torpedo stack up against a STAB, not "what is your experience with a stab"

spyder_strypes
04-27-2004, 06:57 PM
A stabilizer will run better on CO2 than a torpedo. Not by too much though.

barrel break
04-28-2004, 03:02 PM
anyone else? is it worth the savings in money for the sacrafice in performance?

jdaniels
04-28-2004, 05:17 PM
i will tell you what i know. I have a stabilizer. When i was in your place looking at which reg to buy i asked similar questions on different forums. People who had tried both told me to get the palmers. That absolutely no liquid will get thourgh that thing. "with CO2 the palmers is the best" is what was told me, by reputable people. I have had mine for over 6 months now and i have no regrets.

That is what i know and if you need more info than that i dont know what to tell you. There have been several people on this thread tell you what they know, some info was good and some was not needed. Get the stab and you wont be sorry. Get the torpedo and you wont be sorry. just get a reg. its one of the best upgrades you can put on a gun. I know what i prefer.

jonathan

barrel break
04-28-2004, 08:03 PM
yes, I beleive I know the stabilizer is very good, I think I'll save enough for a fatty over the torpedo though, I already have a reg (WGP inline) but its not cutting it.....

ule_man
04-28-2004, 10:36 PM
dude palmers all the way they are the best for co2 without a dought http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/322/ here is the link for the review for the stabilizer on pbreview. Choose palmers :D

warfrik
04-30-2004, 10:00 PM
stab has a faster refresh rate than torpedo when it comes to co2.

Ronin Baller
05-01-2004, 12:15 AM
Although I strictly use HPA, I have heard many people on many forums say that the Palmers Stabilizer sets the standard for regulating co2. I was looking into this same question before I made the choice to use HPA.