PDA

View Full Version : mini mag upgrade ideas anyone?

ekmmag
04-25-2004, 11:32 PM
I just bought my first mag, the mini and since there are not alot in my area I was wondering if I could get some upgrade ideas. It is a stock mini fresh from the box....I want to make this thing rip.

thanks in advance
ek

Dayspring
04-25-2004, 11:42 PM
Lots of upgrades are available

Xvalve (comes with level 10)
Level 10 (If you want to stay with the classic)
ULE Body
Aftermarket Rails
Intelliframe/Y-Grip

If you want to go electro, try the Hyperframe or the Devil-Mag upgrade. Gives you break beam eyes and a really nifty board.

Remake101
04-26-2004, 06:48 AM
It all depends what you want and how much money you have. But if your low on cash and just want to get your marker a bit better then get to the better stuff ill give you a guide. Ok first off get a nitro tank. Then get probably a benchmark double trigger. Next i would go for the ULE body. Then either a regulator or a ULE trigger pull system. After that i would get either the logic vert frame or an intelli or y-Frame. After that i would get the X-valve. Then go for a higher end electro hopper, i would suggest a halo B. Then if you really want to get fancy go for a deadly wind body. I got a dallara. This is what i did. My marker is sweet i can get near 20 bps sometimes. you can check out the logic vert frame at www.logicpaintball.com and mostn of the other stuff at www.airgun.com

Dayspring
04-26-2004, 09:09 AM
Why would he need another regulator? The gun is one, the tank is another (so long as its HPA).

bleachit
04-26-2004, 10:03 AM
the link in my sig goes to a thread that has a ton of different upgrades for mags, as well as some other stuff. check it out, it may be of some help.

gorymonkey2
04-26-2004, 10:24 AM
I'm in the same process as you an i can give you a little head start.
1. Look to get a NitroDuck tank, these are very light and consistent
2. Buy an X-Valve, this is the thing that will really make you rip
3. Triggerframe, deadlywinds and AGD have been coming out with a wicked new frame so far called the hair trigger, 1/100 of an inch trigger pull at 2 oz. Look at the vid you will be impressed. It won't be out for a while but it is worth the wait. If you can't wait get an intelliframe (don't even think about getting a benchmark, they really suck).
4. If you don't wait for the hair trigger, get a ULE trigger kit, this will seriously increase your ROF
5. Electro hopper

If you want to stay more on the cheap side and don't plan on going to tourneys, just get #'s 1, 2, and 5. You will be able to shoot over 20 bps. if you sweetspot the gun.

eddie885221
04-26-2004, 10:03 PM
dotn get a benchmark frame, get an intelliframe, the gun has a built in reg so getting any other reg would be pointless and in some cases starve the gun, i hvae a minimag with an intelliframe, xvalve, and ult kit, if u get those things (X, intell, ult) then i would say get a better barrel than the stock mini barrel and get a drop and a nitro tank, and get macro from ur asa to the valve, looks cool plus u can just get a foregrip instead of all the hose that goes to and from a gas through foregrip

Remake101
04-27-2004, 10:47 AM
Ok first off i was implying if he doesnt have the kind of money needed to get intelli or y-frame he should get a benchmark, which is only 40 bucks and improved my firing rate by 2-3 bps. Next off i wouldnt suggest the intelliframe. The y-frame or logic vert are much better choices. Next off its not a mini-mag anymore once you get the x-valve. It then becomes an RT. The stock mini-mag body sucks. Its way to heavy and has a 45 degree feed, plus you will get a lot more pops in the barrel with an automag barrel. When you fit in the automag barrel it locks before it can close the gap between the breach and the barrel. Therefore the bolt will skip instead of having a clean motion. Thats makes it hit the ball at faster speeds and breaks it even if you have a level 10. The regulator is helpful. That way you can turn the velocity all the way out on the back and you can adjust the velocity on the reg, and a reg will tell you the exact velocity you have without the things they have at the field. It is so useful in rec games. But then again my gun has about $2000 invested in it. And thats without parts that i dont use on the gun. Like my ULE body and benchmark trigger.

deathstalker
04-27-2004, 11:31 AM
You can measure your velocity without a chrono? Remind to never play ball with you. None of the regs I own or have owned in the past EVER measured my velocity, so I don't know what kind of super-reg you have.

eNder159
04-27-2004, 12:41 PM
You can measure your velocity without a chrono? Remind to never play ball with you. None of the regs I own or have owned in the past EVER measured my velocity, so I don't know what kind of super-reg you have.

what he said

Remake101
04-28-2004, 11:53 AM
Most regs dont measure velocity. My reg doesnt. Its an attachment. Maybe i didnt make that clear. Its an electronic thing. It starts out at 0 then when you go to a field and get it chronod you adjust it to the fps that shows up. If it shows up at 280 fps then you bring it up from 0 to 280 then whenever you change your velocity it tells you your new fps. Its a newer product. It has an electronic reader that attaches to the side of the reg. Basically its like the electronic readers on other guns. Except now you can put it on any reg and use it on any gun. I think its a dye product.

deathstalker
04-28-2004, 12:29 PM
Link, please, because I have no idea WTF you're talking about and a quick view of DYE's site provided no information. Does this thing take into account different barrel bores, different paint sizes, outside temperature and humidity, and all the other variables that can affect velocity?

And let me correct you: NO reg measures velocity.

Dayspring
04-28-2004, 12:39 PM
And would you like to tell us where you got this little bit of information?

plus you will get a lot more pops in the barrel with an automag barrel. When you fit in the automag barrel it locks before it can close the gap between the breach and the barrel. Therefore the bolt will skip instead of having a clean motion. Thats makes it hit the ball at faster speeds and breaks it even if you have a level 10.

Never playing with you. Ever...

The regulator is helpful. That way you can turn the velocity all the way out on the back and you can adjust the velocity on the reg, and a reg will tell you the exact velocity you have without the things they have at the field. It is so useful in rec games. But then again my gun has about $2000 invested in it. And thats without parts that i dont use on the gun. Like my ULE body and benchmark trigger.

RenagadeOfFunk
04-28-2004, 12:42 PM
...how about my body :)...

$215 plus shipping and insurence (if you want it...)
PM me if you are interested...that is a set price i already have more offers if you are not interested...
http://www.jayloo.com/lib/get_file.php?id=2495
http://www.jayloo.com/lib/get_file.php?id=2440

Remake101
05-03-2004, 02:03 PM
I dont know who makes it..... It doesnt have a brand name on it and i got it from a friend, who got it from his sponsor shop. He said it was a new product and gave it to me for $100. It works well. So far i have used my gun in 5 or 6 games since i last reset the thing with a chrono. When i got it tested again it was 10 fps off. Ill try and find out who makes it, but i know it works on the timmy torpedo reg and my angel mini reg. Its really kool :).

lbonettosd
05-03-2004, 02:20 PM
Here's a Pic's of a my mini to give you some Ideas:

SpecialBlend2786
05-04-2004, 12:13 AM
hey lbonettosd, what is that green stuff around your tank?

lbonettosd
05-04-2004, 08:01 AM
Hey SpecialBlend,
Its a Kalibur Durasleeve. Kalibur makes them for smart parts (same thing as a smart parts tank armor) and I bought it direct from Kalibur.

I believe Kalibur is a division of ACI Sports (Air Concepts Industries, the same people as PHAT) cause I ordered it over the phone and they answered the phone "ACI". Kalibur also had a website (www.kaliburtech.com) up and running about 2 months ago, but I tried to go back to it to see if they made these covers in an 88ci and it was no longer there. Hope this helps.