PDA

View Full Version : Banjo bolt o-ring shearing

misenhei
04-26-2004, 12:41 PM
Every time I take the banjo bolt out of my RT, the middle oring is broken and wedges the bolt in like you wouldn't believe. There are no visible obstructions/burrs between the top of the rail and the bottom of the body. It doesn't happen until only after, say, a day of use (I used up all the banjo orings from a parts kit in tuning the LX). It doesn't ever leak, and there isn't a change in tension/force required when backing out (so I don't think it's shearing during removal). It only started happening in about the last 6 months. My thumbs cannot afford to continue trying to coax any more orings than absolutely necessary. Anyone have any ideas/experience with this occurrence? Thanks in advance.

Chronobreak
04-26-2004, 07:48 PM
if u need another banjo i have a new spare one w/o-rings installed try oiling it up a bit i dont see why theyd be shredding that quick i coulnt get my o-rings of mine for the life of me

misenhei
04-27-2004, 09:25 AM
the bolt's fine...i just can't figure out why it keeps shredding. maybe this is why they decided to switch back to the old thumb screws...

Chronobreak
04-27-2004, 11:34 AM
yeah i do know that if the rail grip and valve arent lined up good or have wiggle rooom its ALOT more likely to happen.

--edit they did switched beacause they were having problems with the rails and bolts