PDA

View Full Version : Impact Tournement Report - Spring Sting 2004

-=Squid=-
04-26-2004, 12:57 PM
EDIT: PICS ARE AT THE BOTTOM OF POST! The person with the stocking hat (orange/brown, long, says aspen) is me (I also have the viking ;)) The other guy with the impy is cody. I will try to get more pics up later.

Well, this months tournement was in Kansas City, the Spring Sting 2004. My team did well, but didnt quite make finals. Just BARELY missed them, kinda upsetting us. Ended up third in our division... one place, and only like 40 points from finals... Oh well.

Anyways, the event was run smoothly, with excellent reffing. The paint sucked, though, but kickn paint always does. I think I was the only person at the event without chopping issues (thank you viking)

The first field we pretty much ruled on, with a solid strategy that worked every game, maxing every game up until the field switch... thats where it killed us. We just couldnt play the other field.

We also had some problems with points not being issued to us (a flag hang) but that got worked out thanks to Jokers Wild being a good bunch of guys and informing them that we DID get the hang.

As part of my birthday present my parents made a visit which was awesome, they video taped us and later took me and the rest of the team out to eat at a nice Indian restaraunt.

Anyways, back to the tourney, midday a fight broke out which was rather interesting. Apparently a ref made a bad call, pushed a player or something, and the player punched him, and continued to punch him while he was on the ground. This eventually turned into an enormous dogpile of people (refs, players etc.)

Overall we had a blast, and performed very well. The next day at finals (according to the man at Warped Sportz KC) a team called PK Unit (which was in first all day, and TOTALLY screwed themselves here) lost a game, and took it out on the refs by lighting them up. What were they thinking? This was soon followed by a lot of stolen markers. Last I heard was that the police were there before we went to Applebees.

Oh, I also bought a Mayhem ET for $15 :cool: I DARE you to beat that deal! :)

I have about 5 REALLY good pictures, some of me, some of cody, and some of murph, and a couple of the whole team on the break, which if I can find a way to resize them (deleted photoshop... all I have is paint :( ) I will post them. Lemme know if you can help me out with the pictures.

I might also try to throw the video of murph coming out on top in a 1v5 :D

Anyways, we will definitely be playing in more Kc tourneys as they come... and Id also like to thank Warped Sportz KC for fixing klays busted arse Speed :p

So, were any other AO'ers there?

EDIT: How could I forget! Cody won a black magic cocker in a drawing!!!

EDIT: Alright... thanks to tony3 we have pictures! I am the guy with the Long Aspen hat on... and the viking. The dude with the red/white hat and impulse is cody.

RetroEclipseMan
04-26-2004, 02:01 PM
As part of my birthday present my parents made a visit which was awesome, they video taped us and later took me and the rest of the team out to eat at a nice Indian restaraunt.

This was soon followed by a lot of stolen markers. Last I heard was that the police were there before we went to Applebees.

:D :D Man, I didn't know Applebees was an Indian restaraunt :confused: :D :D Just messn' with ya squid. Sounds like a pretty crazy tourny, sorry about the finals, I'm sure everyone knows how that goes.

-=Squid=-
04-26-2004, 03:24 PM
hahaha... no, they took us to Great India, then the next day was when just the team went to applebees :p

-=Squid=-
04-26-2004, 04:12 PM
ghjfgjhyjujfjyjtyjht

-=Squid=-
04-26-2004, 04:14 PM
one more picture... I messed up doing the last three

GT
04-26-2004, 04:59 PM
EDIT: PICS ARE AT THE BOTTOM OF POST! The person
Anyways, the event was run smoothly, with excellent reffing. The paint sucked, though, but kickn paint always does.

We also had some problems with points not being issued to us

Anyways, back to the tourney, midday a fight broke out which was rather interesting. Apparently a ref made a bad call, pushed a player or something, and the player punched him, and continued to punch him while he was on the ground. This eventually turned into an enormous dogpile of people (refs, players etc.)

and took it out on the refs by lighting them up. What were they thinking?

This was soon followed by a lot of stolen markers. Last I heard was that the police were there before we went to Applebees.

ummmmmm... wow.. :eek:

-=Squid=-
04-26-2004, 05:44 PM
ummmmmm... wow.. :eek:hahaha... it was definetely an eventful tournement.

DK1
04-26-2004, 06:35 PM
where's murph?

DK1

-=Squid=-
04-26-2004, 07:24 PM
I have a lot of murph pictures, but somebody needs to resize them for me.

GT
04-26-2004, 09:51 PM
what tank are you using on the vik? are you useing your new macroline?

-=Squid=-
04-26-2004, 10:08 PM
Ya, my macroline. Been using the same piece since last year sometimes. Its a 68/45 Crossfire, low pressure. A teammate has been using my macro for the same period of time with a high pressure tank. In fact, hes in one of the pictures with me.

I have an 04 conquest on the way though :)