PDA

View Full Version : which barrel?

gorymonkey2
04-26-2004, 01:09 PM
I'm thinking of buying a new barrel for my mag, i've heard good things about the freak, the evil pipe, and the stiffy, but i don't know what is the best for my mag, anything helps.

Remake101
04-26-2004, 01:48 PM
Do you have the normal mag back or do you have a converter or a ULE body with some other kind of threads? If you have cocker or otherwise get the freak. Automag freak backs are very rare. I don't know where you would get one.... Then again i dont think the stiffy or pipe come with automag backs either. But if you can get all any of them here is my preference:
Pipe
Freak
Stiffy

Freak is probably more practical with one back and then inserts, instead of the Pipe, a different back for each bore size but i prefer it because i just like Evil paintball. And its black so it matches my gun as seen below:)

AGDlover
04-26-2004, 03:36 PM
i have a Dye Ultralight and i couldn't be happier with it. the only problem is that they stoped makein em for the AM MM twist-lock barrels

Remake101
04-28-2004, 11:59 AM
Sniper king is right. Many companies have stopped making twist lock barrels because the dont work that well. A twist lock barrel leaves a gap between the barrel and the body. This makes the bolt skip as it comes in to push the ball out into the barrel. That means that the bolt slows down as it hits the gap between the barrel and the body. Then it accelerates as it comes free of the gap. It therfore hits the ball at a faster speed and increases pops in the barrel. Even a lvl 10 wont stop that. I would suggest you get a ULE body.

deathstalker
04-28-2004, 12:31 PM
Many companies have stopped making twist lock barrels because there isn't enough demand for them.
Fixed.

I call shenanigans on the rest of your post.