PDA

View Full Version : Question on gun and barrel

SILVERjl
04-26-2004, 07:19 PM
I Have been playing for a good 2 years maybe, just at small fields and with large groups of friends. Up till now my trusty ol spyder has carried me because I wasnt sure I wanted to spend much money. Now im getting into tournaments and I want a quality gun that will be up there with other tournament players. I was kinda leaning towards the E-mag, because of the availability to switch to manual, but ive also been looking at the Bob-Longs? I havnt read much on it, but if im going to spend the money I might as well spend it good and ask those with experience with these guns for help aye? Also, if you do suggest going with emag, what barrel would be a wise choice? size and caliber? Ive read DYE and J&J are good? Well, if you know it please give me the info on the ups and downs of these different guns.

Also.. my price range is about 800$ for gun, because after that i also have to purchase barrel and nitro.

Thanks for your help

SILVERjl

acropilot19
04-27-2004, 12:36 AM
Hiya,
I happen to own an Emag(Tequila fade w/Xvalve & 3.2 software) & a Texas Storm Intimidator w/WAS 2.7.

Both are EXCELLENT guns, well built, easy to maintain (the Timmie is a little more complex but still pretty straight-forward) and plenty fast.

Both guns are Highly customizable- lotsa aftermarket parts to burn $$$ on :D

The Emag is a Tank- Built tough & a little heavier & slower than the Timmie. I think the Microswitch Trigger on the Timmie is nicer & easier to get going fast (walk or fan) than the magnetic trigger on the mag.

The Emag with the Level-10 bolt (properly tuned) Wont chop so you can get away with a gravity feed hopper. I LOVE the Level 10- you can get away with shooting crappy paint if you're a cheapskate or on a budget. the Timmie Wont let you do this (it will blender) Because It MUST be Force-Fed with a Halo or Egg & they dont work well with crappy paint.

My Timmie RIPS with my Halo B on top!

The Emag is Damn fast with A Halo TSA or Revvy.

Barrels: the Emag works well with a multi size barrel kit to match paint (Kaner is Awesome). The Timmie likes Big Bore Barrels- I have a .692 Ultralight on mine- works nicely.

One more thing- Mags with the Level-10 bolt will suck your air tank dry ALOT faster than the Timmie.

You cant really go wrong with either- Both Excellent guns.
Hope that helps.

P.s. Paid $800 each for the Timmie & Emag- both used. bought the Timmie on ebay from a pro who had already maxed it out (added all the upgrades). bought the Emag here on AO from Cryer. Shop around and you can find some sweet deals.

SILVERjl
04-27-2004, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the help, if i cant find a good used one though, ill probaly go with the stock intimidator for what 800$ new? doesnt have any upgrades... but hey cant win em all. As for LED and LCD, which one is which, and what are pros and cons to them? Thanks again for help!

Happy gaming
:*: SILVERjl :*:

Torbo
04-27-2004, 05:27 PM
if i were you, i would try and pick up a 2k2 timmy. It has most of the stuff you want, like the lcd screen, and theyre pretty cheap used. As for barrels, try and empire 4 piece kit.

you could also go for an aftermarket impulse, stock they blow, but the upped ones are nice. Id suggest a Rat, as its a really good deal for what you get. Make sure you get vision with that though.