PDA

View Full Version : good info to know

jdaniels
04-26-2004, 08:25 PM
i wish i had realized this on saturday. I have been having problems with my trigger not resetting on my classic with the ult. I had no clue how to get to reset when it wont. Well i pushed the bolt back and the trigger reset, wow. I had to switch to my spyder for the day, as i didnt figure this out until i got back home. One time i had remove my tank from my gun during a game to try to repressurize the trigger, didnt work, and since i couldnt release the pressure i blew an oring into pieces. Oh well i think i am going to make a stick or something thin to use to do this on the field. Would a stick squeege be to rough on a ball to push it. This thread is to help others, my loss is your gain.

cphilip
04-26-2004, 08:38 PM
i wish i had realized this on saturday. I have been having problems with my trigger not resetting on my classic with the ult. I had no clue how to get to reset when it wont. Well i pushed the bolt back and the trigger reset, wow. I had to switch to my spyder for the day, as i didnt figure this out until i got back home. One time i had remove my tank from my gun during a game to try to repressurize the trigger, didnt work, and since i couldnt release the pressure i blew an oring into pieces. Oh well i think i am going to make a stick or something thin to use to do this on the field. Would a stick squeege be to rough on a ball to push it. This thread is to help others, my loss is your gain.

That is how you reset a sticking bolt. I carry a piece of 1/2 wooden dowel when I am working on one I use it to reset the thing to stop the leak while I fix it. But it does need fixing. You have leaking down the barrel I suspect? Althoug a classic with a ULT might complicate this whole thing. But if so then you are out of spec. in some fashion. But you do not say enough about your particular set up for me to advise you further how to eliminate this permanently. But it can be. It could be your Power Tube spacer if its old style non Level 10 one. Or could be level 10 set up issue. Or even that ULT. But...Give me more info and we can help you fix this so you do not have to carry a stick! I hope!

By the way people use a straight shot sqeegie on the field if this happens. Have so for MANY years.... till they can fix it.

jdaniels
04-26-2004, 10:17 PM
here is the info. I have a classic valve with lvl 10 just installed and the ule. I dont remember what set up i have on the lvl 10 but ihave no leak and no bolt stick so far that i can tell. I am running the stock spring. I put a ult on the valve and have the on off stacked with shims. I may need to take one off because i cant put the on off together properly. The gun will shoot great but occasionally the trigger will not reset and i am screwed.will removing a shim or two from the ult help this. I guess i could read the instructions. any way that is my problem. i also run co2 on this gun. thanks for any help. also i need to get a high pressure reg for the gun i was told but havent ordered it yet, i wonder if that will help.

abunkerer
04-28-2004, 12:37 AM
the level 10 may be sticking because the carrier oring has not been broken in yet. Co2 can cause the sticking also, if the valve gets too cold. you don't need a high pressure regulator, the mag IS a regulator.
If you can get a air system, and keep the level 10 well lubed and your gun should work just fine. If you are having trouble with the bolt not resetting maybe try going up a spring size.
-Good Luck!

athomas
04-28-2004, 08:47 AM
Having the bolt stick is usually a level 10 issue or possibly a ULT out of tune. You are using the short bolt spring. So, either your level 10 carrier is way too tight or you have too many shims in the ULT. Try removing a few of the shims from the ULT setup. Then retune the level 10 setup by going to a larger carrier for the powertube o-ring. Keep going larger until you get leaking out the front. Then use the previous smaller carrier that didn't leak. Once the level 10 is properly setup, you can concentrate on the ULT. Add shims, one at a time to the ULT. Eventually you will get to a point where the bolt will not reset properly and you could get leaking out the front at the same time. Remove a ULT shim or two from that point and you will be good to go.