PDA

View Full Version : Does the Emag kick?

Jonneh
10-04-2001, 04:30 AM
Was playing scenario with my tippmann a few days ago, and upon letting rip on the trigger, i found i had to hold the tank really tight to my shoulder to keep the paint going in the same directions.

This got me thinking as i eventually wish to go electro. Having used a shocker and an Impulse (which i loved), these things hardly kicked at all (and were quite quiet). I assume that the E mag would kick as much as any standard mag seeing as the bolt and valve are the same.
Am I wrong?

MikeCouves
10-04-2001, 05:02 AM
I always wondered that too...anyone know?

udtseal
10-04-2001, 05:21 AM
Jonneh, what is with that signiture picture!!??? That is HILARIOUS! :confused: :D

E==Mag MAN
10-04-2001, 05:47 AM
Okay i shoot emag.I think it doesnt kick on the feild at all it might be the weight of the gun that lessons the kick.I would say it barly has kick.Trust me if u play front or mid Emag is what u want trust me.LOL i had a cocker owner play with it with stock barrel he said its more accurate than his cocker with stock barrel.I really dont know.

Jonneh
10-04-2001, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by udtseal
Jonneh, what is with that signiture picture!!??? That is HILARIOUS! :confused: :D

Its everyones favourite Inter-Web comic:
Pokey the Penguin (http://www.yellow5.com/pokey)

I love pokey

YES!

Edited because strikethrough tags don't work

FiTiRPiLiT
10-04-2001, 07:42 AM
i shoot an emag. it has more kick on e-mode than a shocker does and on manual mode it has quite a bit of kick. i keep it on e-mode....shorten the trigger and you'll shake the gun less....all-in-all still very acceptable. i would suggest finding somone with an e-mag and asking them to let you rip off a few shots, i'm sure they'll be more than happy to let you show it off! :D

Phil
10-04-2001, 09:18 AM
I went from a tippmann model 98 to a RT(oldstyle) to the Emag. Compared to the tippman the rt and emag had no kick. Then I shot my friends 32* Impulse which is the smoothest shooting gun I have shot to date. The "kick" of the mag family comes from the bolt slaming foreward and so it is not a traditional kick. Your gun is not jarred back. Its more like a little vibration. The jarred effect of the bolt slamming foreward is really minimal and in my opinion is a non-issue. I REALLY liked the feel of that IMPULSE.

Russ
10-04-2001, 10:46 AM
My E-Mag kicks...and rocks! :D But serously, it has a more of a "twang" to it than a kick. Not bad at all, really.

HeerophantG
10-04-2001, 11:25 AM
This is normal for every type of Mags (since i've used every series of them) because internal wprking method is still the same (but the RT and Emag are much less recoil than 68Automag) RT Shoots lots faster than 68Automag but Recoil just only little of differenceZas same as Emag)
you wouldn't notice this when you compare with the Auto-Cocker

It's just the way they WORK!!!!

netjunk1e
10-04-2001, 11:27 AM
The new super bolt that is comming out will reduce the kick on mags alot because of the decreased weight. Hopefully they are finished soon!

Robbie

HeerophantG
10-04-2001, 12:15 PM
When they will sell that Bolt???? can it use with Emag??? and is it Aftermarket or form AGD???

Gunga
10-04-2001, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by HeerophantG
When they will sell that Bolt???? can it use with Emag??? and is it Aftermarket or form AGD???

HeerophantG,

There's a whole thread (with pics) on the superbolt at: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12948

It should have all the answers to your questions.

I've personally dry fired the superbolt in my Mag. The difference in kick between the stock bolt & the Superbolt is VERY noticable. I'll be buying Superbolt when they come out. :)

HeerophantG
10-04-2001, 12:38 PM
Thank you very much indeed!!!!!

FiTiRPiLiT
10-04-2001, 12:39 PM
the pic on the right looks like my e-mag bolt. do the e-mags come with the delrin bolt?

Gunga
10-04-2001, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by FiTiRPiLiT
the pic on the right looks like my e-mag bolt. do the e-mags come with the delrin bolt?

The superbolt isn't out yet. A few of the AGD sponsored tourney guys are using/testing it out though.

I think I read in a thread here somewhere that the Emag Extremes are going to come with the superbolt.