PDA

View Full Version : Is the stock Intelliframe trigger-pull considered to be light?

Boltboy
04-26-2004, 11:02 PM
Okay, semi-noob question here:

I plan on placing an order for one of the ULE RT customs pretty soon and my biggest issue right now is deciding if I should go with the ULT upgrade or not. I've shot mags in the past, and I really do like the feel (single trigger benchmark, actually), but I wouldnt MIND having a close-to-electric feel either.

I dont want a heavy trigger pull (obviously) , and im sure about that. Are there plenty of players out there that shoot decently fast without the ULT and only the intelliframe? With all the issues that im reading about, and the "required past knowledge" of AGD markers, I'm not sure if I really want that route. The top 3 things I look for in a marker is weight, reliability, and lastly ROF. If my reliability will be hurt by the ULT I might just pass it up. This all depends, of course, on how others feel about the intelliframe without it.

And lastly, if I DO decide to go the ULT route, can I have AGD include the stock setup so I can switch to it if im not happy?

Thanks,

Bolt

mobius
04-26-2004, 11:46 PM
If you wanted the stock setup, you'd be best off buying it without the ULE, then purchasing it separately. That way you get all the ULE parts. I don't know if AGD includes all the parts when it ships preinstalled and tuned.

Joni
04-27-2004, 12:06 AM
You would have to purchase the stock on/off separately if you want it. Adjusting the ULT really isn't that hard. Once it's broken in and adjusted, it most probably wont give you any more trouble, as long as you keep it lubed and happy.
I'm definately shooting decently fast with my ULT, although I use a logic frame, not an intelli. I really don't think that is a big difference though. As a conclusion I can say that I'm really happy with my ULT.

Boltboy
04-27-2004, 08:51 AM
okay, but do those without it feel that the trigger pull is still nice as it is?

Boltboy
04-27-2004, 03:24 PM
Sorry, I typed this up late last night. I dont think im making it really clear:

What i'm looking for is a "tight" trigger pull that isnt TOO heavy. I remember shooting automag classics years ago and loving the way it felt when you pulled the trigger. Thats how I would describe it being "tight", though this might not be the best way. I'm hoping the intelliframe (sp? , heh) without the ULT will still be a fairly light pull, AND have that tight feel to it.

If there were no major issues popping up anymore about the ULT id get it in a heartbeat, but like I said before, I <3 reliability.

Dayspring
04-27-2004, 03:48 PM
The Intelliframe on the mag will give a lighter feel than the stock single only because you are using more leverage to pull the trigger. So in effect, you can have a longer pull that's lighter due to that leverage.

As for reliability, I took a Tac One (comes with the stock Xvalve), took the stock assembly out, popped the ULT in straight from the factory (I didn't touch it at all. Opened the package myself.) and it worked like a charm. No leaks, no short stroking, no chuffs, nothin'.

tonybhall
04-27-2004, 04:09 PM
Hey Boltboy,

I have played with both. I would describe the stock trigger pull as a sharp, crisp pull. If you consider 3lbs to be light, then it's a light pull. I consider that to be pretty heavy. Some people are ok with that. I liked it but I like the 15oz trigger pull I get with my ULT better. I have had some reacurring issues with my ULT. Everytime I take my marker apart and put it back together I feel like I have to retune it. Sometimes it sticks, sometimes it does not. Sometimes it bounces and sometimes it does not. I have gotten really good at tuning it quickly. From what I can tell I am the exception to the rule based on posts on this board. Both of my team mates have the ULT. One of then has similar problems, and one has no problems. Go figure.

I would say that the ULT trigger pull is worth the risk. Even if it does give you some trouble, it's easy to figure out. But, if the 3lb trogger pull is ok, then stick with that.

hope this helps,

Boltboy
04-27-2004, 05:03 PM
I know very little about weight behind triggers. I know that most electric triggers (which I have shot) are VERY light (3oz ?).

Could you give me some comparisons to the 3lb trigger from other guns? I have owned single trigger autocockers in the past, and have shot normal automag classics. Are these lighter/heavier/the same?

I realize the blade trigger will make it feel like an easier pull than a single trigger (as mentioned before) so that plays into it as well.

Thanks so much for everyones help so far,

Bolt

Plazmic
04-28-2004, 12:36 PM
The intelliframe has a very tight feel to it. It's an even cleaner pull than the AGD single triggers. If you like the single you will REALLY like the intelli. The Intelli is not actually any lighter than a standard classic with the single trigger, but it FEELS a little lighter. I can shoot a lot faster with the intelli than with the stock single on the same gun.

There is a big difference in reactivity in the ULT and the non-ULT setup. If you like the trigger to jump back for you and you are used to, and comfortable with, a longer trigger pull then the ULT is not the way to go. I have not, yet, been able to get any faster with my ULT than I was without it. It's just a LOT lighter. I haven't had it long, though, and they say there is a learning curve. It does not, however, feel like an electro. It is a unique feel that you have to get used to.

I would suggest you forgo the ULT at first and just try the Intelliframe. I think, from your description of what you like, that you will be very happy with it as it is.

Boltboy
04-28-2004, 01:10 PM
Awesome. I appreciate that post big time. Set my mind at ease.

Of course NOW I cant even order the already backordered RT's =P