PDA

View Full Version : Secondary reg or ULT on Retro to turn down reactivity

awwdavy
04-26-2004, 11:54 PM
I was told that secondary regs only slowed down the recharge rate of mag valves. I recently got a retro valve and the trigger bounces and gives me extra shots. Its not a problem now but i want to play tourney eventually. I have a preset tank so should i get an adjustable reg to turn down the reactivity or will that affect the recharge rate of the valve. I want to just get a ULT, but i would need to get my valve drilled. Which would be better: Adjustable reg or ULT?

CaliMagFan
04-27-2004, 12:29 AM
before you go and spend money on those things... are you sure its an overreactivity issue?....many times too short of an on/off pin, or sear wear will cause the valve to shoot extra shots... also make sure both trigger frame screw and field strip screw are tightened by tools...
-kyro

cphilip
04-27-2004, 08:01 AM
before you go and spend money on those things... are you sure its an overreactivity issue?....many times too short of an on/off pin, or sear wear will cause the valve to shoot extra shots... also make sure both trigger frame screw and field strip screw are tightened by tools...
-kyro

I second that....

Also see if you can check that preset tanks output. It may be higher than you think. But you should be able to get all the bounce out by proper tuning the on off pin or checking and having a good sear. Do you have a ULT kit? That can also be used to get some bounce out. Might think about getting one if your valve is the right type for one.

awwdavy
04-27-2004, 09:30 AM
My preset tank is set to 850psi. I tightened up all the screws and I am still getting a few extra shots. I will try to get a ULT later, but i have to get my valve drilled first cuz its an old ReTro Valve. Thanks for all your help.

cphilip
04-27-2004, 09:51 AM
My preset tank is set to 850psi.

"supposed to be" and being are two different things. I bet its way higher than that even though its supposed to be that... they often are way off. And there is nothing you can do about it. Would not suprise me to see it was 950 or so... Thats why I said see if you can measure it. I wasn't trying to waste my breath. I was trying to get you to think about checking it.

awwdavy
04-27-2004, 02:31 PM
There is no output gauge and i do not have another gauge on my gun so i cannot check it right now. sorry if i offended you in any way.

Dayspring
04-27-2004, 02:36 PM
If your ASA has 2 ports for the air line, take the plug out of one and put a guage on it.