PDA

View Full Version : NEED ADVICE: decision could possibly change my life

paintpiggie
04-27-2004, 11:35 AM
ok, today im gonna figure out where im going for the next 2 years.

i can go to italy.. or california.
whichever i choose, im gonna be stationed there for 2 years.

there's virtually no paintball in italy.
i could possibly start up a field through the military recreational offices.
i just suck at management and im not very persuasive.
but i'll be in italy and enjoy europe. however, i doubt ill be doing
too many trips to the neighboring countries with more paintball
loveliness. Europe means i wont be able to do anything with the vegas Sinners. and i prolly wont have a chance to go to europe for a while since the navy is cheap like that.

if im in california:
ill be 4 hours away from home,
ill be able to practice with the sinners and other teams.
and ill be in the paintball mecca of the world.
but i wont be in europe.

boo, this sucks weewee.

someone help meeeeeee....

cphilip
04-27-2004, 11:37 AM
Italy. The chance to see the world, in the long run, will make you a more rounded person. Get over to anther country if you really want to appreaciate the USA.

They got some cool scooters over there and some really hot ladies. :D

Cryer
04-27-2004, 11:39 AM
...and some really hot ladies. :D
that dont shave :eek:

Fade
04-27-2004, 11:41 AM
I agree, go with Italy.

You'll learn could learn more from all sorts of different culture, and being away from home for a long period of time is an experience on its own.

temps
04-27-2004, 11:41 AM
I would choose Italy.. paintball will still be here when you get back.

purplemag
04-27-2004, 11:54 AM
ITALY, ITALY, ITALY!!!
Have you ever been there? I was there with the Navy on my last 6 month cruise. Trust me paintball is nice, but it will always be around, so when you get back to the states it will be here for you.
Some laugh, but this may be the only chance you ever get to go overseas and live there. Go enjoy it!!! Like Cp said, you will be much more well rounded and I assure you 110% you will have a great time and memories that will last forever!
I was there for a week and have tons of memories for a lifetime!

paintpiggie
04-27-2004, 12:00 PM
thanks guys.

im goin to italy.

deadeye9
04-27-2004, 12:08 PM
California!

You can always go to Italy in the furture when you have more money.

In California you can take advantage of educational opportunities that the Navy may pay for.

ghideon
04-27-2004, 12:12 PM
California...

But I'm biased. I've already been to both.

spacemonkey
04-27-2004, 12:21 PM
YEa leave the FAMILY why dont you... MOM's gonna have a heart attack...

well its is your decision... im sure the family will understand, but its just weird like not seeing you for what a whole 2 years DAng... :eek: thats a long time, plus your barely even home, i think rev and mike are starting to think ur like our imaginary older brother hehehe... thats works for the navy and call home once in a green moon :rolleyes: and send me cool stuff

well if i were you i would go to italy but then again your gonna be far away from family, i mean i could watch over the family ( i think dads havin' a mid life crisis... shiet its funny ) for now... but i think by the time your done with navy then i'll be gone away too airforce and navy, then it will be ur turn to hang with the family...+ u also need to go to PI, thats right PUNK, i think grandma and grandpa will eventually turn senile and forgets that you are one of their grandsons...

well whatever will be your decision give us a call first OK :p
p.s - if goin to italy and there's no PB there........ can i have ur Xmag? hahahaha just playin... :D

ur little bro,

Creative Mayhem
04-27-2004, 12:24 PM
Piggie, I would have to say "go see the world" Isn't that what you signed up for;) Tell Miscue that Sinners will have to wait, and that he can go to... well you get the picture. ;):D

BTW, how's the sketch coming? Sorry I haven't gotten back to you lately.. LMK thanks

Good Luck in whatecer you decide!

Halliday
04-27-2004, 12:49 PM
Go to Italy.

Gabriel
04-27-2004, 01:03 PM
I had the same decision, only 1 year and germany, not italy. I chose germany. And I am very happy I did.

Go abroad. Come back home. Be a better person.

Gabe

Fixion
04-27-2004, 01:10 PM
I've been to many places in Europe, Italy is great... for the first few days. Then it started to suck (for me). I don't really like Italy. I'd go to California.

Eric Cartman
04-27-2004, 01:16 PM
Well the odds of California falling into an ocean in the next two years are a lot higher than the odds of Italy falling into an ocean, so I'd go with Italy :D

luke
04-27-2004, 01:55 PM
GO TO ITALY AND DON'T LOOK BACK.

If you don't, you will never forgive yourself. Paintball will be here when you get back......

dansim
04-27-2004, 01:57 PM
paintball will be here when you get back take the once in a lifetime oppurtunity...duh

~edit i just notice me and luke basically said the same thing lol

Thermus
04-27-2004, 02:28 PM
I'd give up paintball to move to Italy. Italy could be my favorite place in the world. Fooooooooood :)

Torbo
04-27-2004, 03:07 PM
living abroad is an opportunity that you shouldnt waste. Yes not playing paintball sucks, but i think it something youll be glad you did.

tonybhall
04-27-2004, 03:15 PM
NO WAY!!! There are too many foreigners (sp) over there!!!!! HA HA HA

Plus, at the rate SP is going, paintball might not be around when you get back. They will be the only company making anything and everyone will be boycotting them! B-)

tony3
04-27-2004, 03:19 PM
I'd stay home, then again, I don't like traveling much in general. Two years is a pretty long time, too long for me.

Cheeseball24
04-27-2004, 03:45 PM
dude go to Italy.... PIZZA :D

50 cal
04-27-2004, 06:44 PM
See the world. You won't regret it. I was in the rmy for 10 yrs. I got to travel a lot while in the 82nd Airborne. I wouldn't rade it for nothing.

Go to Italy. You will be able to see the other Adriatic countries.

Absinthe
04-27-2004, 07:10 PM
If I had that chance I would jump all over it. I got to spend 6 months in Europe and it was one of the best times of my life. Enjoy the food, the people, and if you get a chance travel around some. It is easy and pretty cheap. I have seen some Italian players posting on vairous boards, so while it isn't everywhere you should be able to play some at least.

Absinthe

Digits
04-27-2004, 07:33 PM
I would only go if I had some close friends I was going with.. 2 years is damn long..

Then again paintball is one of the few things I enjoy.. So I don't think I could give it up for 2 years.

Miscue
04-27-2004, 07:40 PM
Go to Italy. Bring home a nice Italian girl who goods good pasta.

Digits
04-27-2004, 07:41 PM
Go to Italy. Bring home a nice Italian girl who goods good pasta.

goods good pasta?

lol

Python14
04-27-2004, 07:56 PM
Italy. Bring me back some extra virgin olive oil and a Ferrari t-shirt.

felony
04-27-2004, 09:17 PM
Italy. Bring me back some extra virgin olive oil and a Ferrari t-shirt.

my mom brought me a ferrari t shirt from when her and my father vacationed there.

They loved it to death, then again my mom did all the story telling while my dad just say back when they got home.

im not sure what i would do. I am 19, just went to college and cant wait to get back home(and i have been home like 4 or 5 times through the year). My relationship with my family and friends are just too good to leave to a diff country.. for me anyway.

I dont know what the military is like but if you went to italy your family is only a flight away if needed. granted it is a long flight but you can always go back home, trust me the rents will leave the light on for you :]

dan

paintpiggie
04-27-2004, 09:51 PM
ive been away from friends and family since i joined the military
so, im sure theyre used to me being distant. ill miss the parties tho.
the drunken nights and all the screamin and bringin the ruckus.
those nights when i wake up in mexico naked at the border handcuffed to an equally naked crack addicted donkey. man... that was awesome.

i guess i can put paintball on a slow-mo mode. ill just play digital paintball
or even paintcheck if i really have to. or ill just play by myself out in the
woods of northern italy.... can u imagine how sad that would be?
at least. ill have plenty of time to practice my snapshooting and other drills.
or maybe i can kidnap someone and MAKE them play with me.

but i found out today that the navy prolly wont send me to the west coast
coz theyre trying to cut down on expenses...
but theyll send me to italy, no problem.
weird.

Mayhem, dude. i still need a side view close up picture of you for the sketch.

Miscue. evan says he wants to suck on your tatas.

thanks guys,
you really make this place feel like a giant loving dysfunctional family.

and if end up not liking Italy, im gonna hunt you all down. :)

P.s.
haha, spacemonkey's my brother (really).
and as you can see...the retard gene is dominant in our pool.

MicroMiniMe
04-27-2004, 10:13 PM
Look at the bright side. You can direct order unmilled and milled X-mag bodies from Italy. Might even be able to buy an AGDE X-mag cheaper over there with the better exchange rate.
Paintball is everywhere, there was a post a few weeks ago about some ballers from Hungary. An AOer was nice enough to middleman a big order for them and make it much cheaper for them too.

acropilot19
04-27-2004, 10:33 PM
Italy ! :eek:
:D
The one regret I have from my single military days is I didnt get a chance to go more places. Been to Germany, Korea, Saudi, Guam, Canada...uhm...and a few other places I cant talk about.
;)
It was ALWAYS a great experience even though some of it really sucked at the time. It'll make you a better, more rounded person and, CuhMon- ITaLIan BABES ROCK!!!

Do it Dude- Make it an ADVENTURE!
:)

Miscue
04-27-2004, 10:36 PM
goods good pasta?

lol

cooks. :p

Fred
04-27-2004, 10:37 PM
I spent 3 months in Italy last summer...

the chicks are HOT... and Yes, they do shave... and there are plenty of cute American (and Australian, German, British, Swiss...) college girls traveling around too if you know where to look (Cinque Terra!).

One of the best experiences I've ever had!

---Fred

pbzmag
04-27-2004, 11:08 PM
Go to Italy!!!!

MicroMiniMe
04-27-2004, 11:15 PM
the chicks are HOT... and Yes, they do shave... and there are plenty of cute American (and Australian, German, British, Swiss...) college girls traveling around too if you know where to look (Cinque Terra!).

---Fred

Hehe, I definately seen some nice rackage in Cinque Terra. Otherwise Milan and Verona had the real Italian hotties.

SpecialBlend2786
04-28-2004, 02:34 AM
Take the Italy route

My friend went there over the summer. She had a blast! The only thing she complained about was the heat.

p8nt_junkie
04-28-2004, 07:34 AM
Italian ladies! !prego!