PDA

View Full Version : DVD video editing

paintball8869
04-27-2004, 04:44 PM
I've got a dvd video file from my last tournament (it's all one file put onto a dvd disc from a camcorder). Is there any way for me to take certain parts of that video out? Any programs you'd recommend? Hopefully something that might be shareware or easily available in a trial version that I could use to pull a few parts out to make individual videos. Thanks.

Duke Henry
04-27-2004, 05:13 PM
Can you play this DVD in a standalone DVD player? If so, then you will have to extract/rip it to your computer.

However, if you put it in your dvd-rom, and it is just an MPG (mpeg-2 or mpeg-1) file, then yes you can load it up in TMPGENC (free) or even virtualdub (free), and cut out selections and export them to another computer-friendly file...

Oh, should this be in friendly-forum?

paintball8869
04-27-2004, 05:30 PM
it'll load right up in a normal dvd player....looks like i'm gonna have to find a ripper program. Any suggestions?

Duke Henry
04-27-2004, 06:49 PM
There are plenty of free ones that have plenty of options like SMARTRIPPER. You would have a bunch of VOB files, that you can then convert to whatever video file you want.

However, you might want to get one that just flat out converts from DVD to AVI or MPEG.

For example, dvd2mpg can be found here: http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/dvd2mpg.html

paintball8869
04-27-2004, 07:10 PM
Thanks Duke. I'm givin them a try right now.

Smoke
04-27-2004, 11:35 PM
If you have a Mac, use Final Cut Pro and DVD Studio Pro. Both top notch programs.