PDA

View Full Version : Do I play like others or should I play my own game?

m20power
04-27-2004, 05:38 PM
Hey there guys and gals,
Last sunday was a big game at my local field Taag in Coursegold California. About 300 people showed up and it was a pretty good time. They kept calling the games short like only 30-40 miniutes into them which sort of bugged me.

Anyway my question is about how hard you should play in rec ball. On the second game I decided I was going to push as hard as I could on the break. So my buddies let me to the front of the group and the second the ref called go I sprinted down the hill through hyper and up to their castle and dug into a blue tortilla inflatable bunker.
They had a hill to climb which slowed them a big but basically I covered almost twice the distance that any of their players covered in the same time.
I ended up getting gogged and when I looked back I saw that none of my team mates made it within 80 feet of me.

Now I am tall and lanky, 6-6 tall. So maybe that explains the speed.
But should I calm down and just take it easy like everyone else or play my own game however I want as long as its fair.
I didnt cheat in any way, waited till the word go, didnt go out of bounds, didnt wipe. I just tried to see how hard I could push. If I had made it the extra 15 feet past the blue tortilla I would basically had been shooting down at about 50 players trying to make it up the hill at the start of the game. In a situation like that would you take them out or hang back and take it easy?

Thanks for the ideas.
Peace on the floor, not on your shoes.

Digits
04-27-2004, 05:41 PM
Play how you want.. Personally I don't like recball and am lazy so if I do end up playing I just walk around...

But I think it's better for you to play more aggressive and get into it.. It makes the game funner

GT
04-27-2004, 05:45 PM
depends,

I slow it down for the noobs, on my team or thiers....

Clare
04-27-2004, 05:46 PM
Play the game how you want to. If you find it fun to play aggressively, then why would you do it any different? Especially if it's just to do what everyone else is doing.

In a situation like that would you take them out or hang back and take it easy?

I wouldn't hesitate to take them out! In the nicest way possible, ofcourse. :p

Chojin Man
04-27-2004, 06:43 PM
Play how you want. Try talking to a few other guys on your team to get them to rush with you. Get other people to play how YOU want. :D

Kevmaster
04-27-2004, 06:54 PM
its alla bout you...

if you have more fun rushing ahead, go for it. if its more fun to play it slow and chill..then do that.

whichever you enjoy more is what you should do

50 cal
04-27-2004, 06:56 PM
Play your own way. You will enjoy your game much more.

bryceeden
04-27-2004, 08:08 PM
Play your way. Besides if you are there first you can get more eliminations.

Nick O time
04-27-2004, 10:04 PM
i dun really like to play rec ball cuz its not as competative as tourny ball but when i do play i play super aggressive and i play back in tourny ball. i like to play super aggresive and do run throughs on the people who play recball. lol its fun to be aggressive since i am always in the back. i say play however u feel like playing.

tony3
04-27-2004, 10:31 PM
If you are a pretty good player, playing aggressive in rec sucks. If I ever go 50 in rec at all, I'm usually the last one left and get bunkered. One day I got shot in the back 5 games in a row during rec ball...I hate rec in general for that reason. When I do play rec I like to sit back and let some people get shot then start trying...works for me. Playing snake in rec ball is the worst, unless you have someone you know to help ya out, but snake in rec is definitely a no-no.

black tri star
04-27-2004, 10:33 PM
Two things man, If i had know you would be pushing up that far I would have been with you, and secondly my gun sucks *** so don't expect much from me till I up grade :D

Lick, Lick, suck

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
04-27-2004, 11:23 PM
Play how you feel comfortable playing...if you see others that do things that work..try and incorporate that into your game. That's why it's always good to play against people much better than you. You can take their knowledge...and use it to fit your style of play.

goat
04-27-2004, 11:31 PM
I play pretty similar to you , I learned an important lesson.....never outrun you support, you end up way in front and act as nothing more than a speed bump for the other team to run over unless your team advances......even worse I have been shot by my own team because they werent taking into account that I was even there....
Play your own game but remember that without the support of your team its just you against the other team.
Goat

Miscue
04-27-2004, 11:53 PM
Play hard, just don't beat up on the little kids. :p

I have like a 5'4" rule: taller = fair game. Otherwise, don't test your HALO's feed rate. Well, here's a corollary: It's ok if you're trying to get like a bunch of them at the same time... hehe.

OldSchoolVM68
04-28-2004, 12:34 AM
I wanted to go up there but i couldnt make it. My friends that are on RIP wher there, but i wasnt able to make it. Rember this on something like that. On a big game like that the more experienced toureny players are going to the sup air, if you want to be more effective stay away from there to get away from those players. Also learn how to play so your effective, you running up by youself dosent help. Wait or find some people to go up with you, and make sure you talk about it before the start.

also change ur location on your profile so us centeral cali guys cant tell.

m20power
04-28-2004, 02:59 AM
Thanks Old School.
Yeah it ended up being an ok day. Marty is a cool guy and the regulars tend to keep it pretty cool.

I still prefer Sundays to the big games up there. nice 10 on 10 with your buddies. The big game was fun but there are a few wipers and over shooters there. Along with a friendly fire incident which I still feel bad about but hey I never even hit the guys so I guess I shouldnt worry about it.

I noticed that you posted in my buddie Black Tri Stars thread.
I totally agree with you when you say, Maximum Paintball, Maximum Price. I got sick of paying 34.00 for 1000 rounds of premium so now I go to splats urban assault where 2000 rounds of premium cost me 44.00
Its pretty sad whats going on now. The people at Max. keep spreading rumors and misinformation about Splats. Its part of the reason you never see Splats at Black beards anymore.

Not like it matters, BlackBeards sucks anyway, the refs are cool but the kids who play there overchrono and wipe like their is no tommorow.
More people just need to learn that Max. isnt the only place and town and they dont have to put up with bending over when it comes to prices. Regardless of your position you have to admit that a little competition is a good thing and in the end will help us consumers by keeping the sellers prices down.

Jeffy-CanCon
04-28-2004, 10:44 AM
Play hard, just don't beat up on the little kids. :p

Play your own style, but take into acount the people you are playing with. In your example, you outran your teammates, and paid for it for getting eliminated early.

Also, I recommend going a little easy on the newbies. Don't let them get away with stuff, but don't light them up, or talk trash to them. There's no reason to ruin their day. It's no practice to shoot fish in a barrel, but think of it like "catch and release". If they have a good time, and learn from their mistakes, they will come back, and eventually may be worthy opponents.