PDA

View Full Version : Xvalve problem

HoboJudge
04-27-2004, 07:45 PM
I just traded in my minimag valve for an xvalve. When I try to put in my new Xvalve, it won't go in all the way. It goes up to a point where the hole that the thumbscrew normally goes into is at they very back edge of my grip frame, not quite up to the hole where I could screw it in. Can anyone help me? It would be greatly appreciated.

Joni
04-27-2004, 07:58 PM
It might be that the body is too tight for the bolt. The lvl10 bolt is a little wider than the lvl7. Check if if the bolt fits by it self. It its too tight, you have to sand the body a little internally.

smilestyler
04-27-2004, 08:03 PM
I'm curious, what type of body are you using? Im assuming minimag.

HoboJudge
04-27-2004, 08:21 PM
Yes, it is a minimag body. Does that make a difference?

I tried only putting the bolt in, that seems to fit. I also have a Planet Eclipse rail, if that makes a difference. Thank you.

gorymonkey2
04-27-2004, 09:39 PM
i dealt with the same thing when i got my xvalve, i'm not sure if this is it but it might be the on/off, that's what it is for me, it sticks out a little too far, all i have to do is take a paper clip and right when i'm putting the valve in i just stick the paper clip between the on/off and the body and it pushes it in just enough to slip in and won't effect/damage you're gun in any way, hope that helps.

Inoculation
04-27-2004, 09:55 PM
gory has it right! I had the same problem with my standard and X valves at times in my minimag. The on/off is sometimes pushed out (particularly if you undo the valve and air is still in the system). Also make sure the trigger sear is all the way down, don't let it catch the valve on the way in. The Xvalve should go right on.

Inoculation

jewie27
04-28-2004, 12:39 AM
I'm 99% sure on this one:

You mentioned you have a Minimag and I belived it's probably more than a few years old. After normal use the bushing in the Mag body starts to mushroom and closes up small enough to block the X-Valve.

Solution: Remove the valve from the body. Get a rat tail file (round file) and file gently around the bushing (looks like a silver washer in the body. Do this until the X-Valve fits.

Let me know how it goes.

jewie27
04-28-2004, 12:39 AM
It might be that the body is too tight for the bolt. The lvl10 bolt is a little wider than the lvl7. Check if if the bolt fits by it self. It its too tight, you have to sand the body a little internally.

DO NOT SAND THE BOLT!!!!!!!! Read my solution above.

Joni
04-28-2004, 03:41 AM
Bolt? Where did I say to sand the bolt? I basically said the same thing as you. Anyway, he has allready proven that no to be the problem, since the bolt can be inserted on it self.

CaliMagFan
04-28-2004, 03:54 AM
i'm willing to bet that the brass field strip screw bushing is raised about 1/8 inch onto the top side of the rail... that sometimes happens when you take the things apart and reassemble.... just take a hard blunt object and tap that bushing in the rail that is just aft of the body...make sure its ressed into the hole... if not your valve will unexplainedly hang up.....

somtimes too many....i'm talking way tooo many ULT shims will make the on/off protrude too far as well....i'm not thinking this is the case here though.

good luck--
--kyro