PDA

View Full Version : LCD, LED. simple question

SILVERjl
04-27-2004, 08:12 PM
I know its a stupid question but what is the difference between LCD and LED, and which one would be better to get? thank you

Joni
04-27-2004, 08:30 PM
LCD = liquid crystal display - The kind of display that for example a digital watch has
LED = Light emitting diod - Basically a small lamp. Used to show the status of different things on electro markers. Cheaper than a LCD.

Kevmaster
04-27-2004, 09:18 PM
LCDs are much more versatile. They can show most anything. LEDs can only show what they have diodes for.

think for LCD a television, and think of a light-bulb scoreboard for an LED.

kinda bad description, but its as close as i can come...

acropilot19
04-27-2004, 10:44 PM
If yer askin the difference between an LCD Timmie & an LED Timmie (I read his previous thread)- the LCD's have little lcd screens on the left side o' tha gun that gives lotsa important gun/board setup info (even has a cool temp guage). a button on either side of the screen makes it real easy set/change settings.

The LED versions convey similar info by a colored blinking light on the other side o' tha gun. you must count color/blink codes when setting up the gun. kinda a pain and not as user friendly- tho they do cost less than LCD versions.

Hope that helps.

SpecialBlend2786
04-27-2004, 11:56 PM
Are you talking about the difference between an Angel LCD and LED?

FallNAngel
04-28-2004, 05:29 PM
the LCD's have little lcd screens on the left side o' tha gun that gives lotsa important gun/board setup info (even has a cool temp guage).[/b]

Yep... I can't remember the time I was on the field and and didn't think "Hey, I wonder what the temperature is"

acropilot19
04-28-2004, 06:09 PM
Hey Dude- dont knock it!
:mad:
I use the temp guage on my Timmie & a Hydrometer I keep in my PB bag to calculate (on a sliding scale) the approximate Dialated Diameter Distension of each paintball so I can Logarithmically determine Trajectories (based on chrono readings & corrected for wind) & get that PERFECT Paint to Barrel match.
:cool:

SpecialBlend2786
04-28-2004, 08:42 PM
Hey Dude- dont knock it!
:mad:
I use the temp guage on my Timmie & a Hydrometer I keep in my PB bag to calculate (on a sliding scale) the approximate Dialated Diameter Distension of each paintball so I can Logarithmically determine Trajectories (based on chrono readings & corrected for wind) & get that PERFECT Paint to Barrel match.
:cool:

yeahhhhhhhhh....
I shoot paintballs :)

abunkerer
04-29-2004, 12:46 AM
I was wondering about this as well since I am trying to decide what matrix to get...From what I understand, the LCD display allows you to more accurately (or easily? digitally??) adjust your dwell settings. But the NYX matrix is an led, and it rips just fine. so I was thinking of just getting an led (cheaper) and dropping an evolve bolt in there.
anyone know if adjustability is an issue between the two?