PDA

View Full Version : Will it work with nitrogen?

USMCARR
04-27-2004, 10:25 PM
I have a minimag which is now about 5 or 6 years old. It still has the original bolt and valve and all, and when I got it I really didn't care too much about going to nitrogen, but I just got a bottle pretty cheap, so I decided to switch over. I just need to know if I can use nitrogen on it with the stock valve and bolt and everything. I could just try it, but blowing myself up with a paintball gun would be a really embarassing, and although I'm sure it's not possible I would end up hurting myself or destroying my gun somehow (if you knew me you'd understand). I'm getting a lvl 10 kit soon, and I know it will fire on that, but I just want to know for future reference if it will fire nitrogen with the stock valve and such. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

pointm@n
04-27-2004, 10:34 PM
It'll work just fine with the stock valve and nitro. Heck, it'll function better than when its on CO2.

mobius
04-27-2004, 11:45 PM
You may need the new reg piston that's designed for HPA/nitro. It's about a $15 or $20 part. It vents at a higher pressure than the old ones. You won't blow anything up even if you do need it, though. The gun may just vent out the back before you can set it to the correct velocity.

USMCARR
04-28-2004, 05:43 AM
So it will most likely fire fine with the stock everything, but if it's giving me a little problem the part I need is only $15 or $20. Thanks a lot for the help.

jesseyo13
04-28-2004, 06:32 AM
Hpa actualy will save you money too in the long run. It used to cost me 6$ to fill a 20oz co2 tank or 2$ to fill my 68 cubic inch hpa tank.

USMCARR
04-28-2004, 03:30 PM
Cheaper than CO2 and it'll probobly fire better than with CO2? I think I've made a wise decision. Thanks for all the input.

USMCARR
04-28-2004, 03:34 PM
The tank I just got is a 3000psi, 48ci. Any idea how many shots per tank I can get out of that? Rough estimates are cool, I'm just trying to figure out about how many games I can play before refilling. Thanks again for all the input before.