PDA

View Full Version : x-valve

JediJamminWease
04-27-2004, 11:14 PM
Today i received my x-valve. Installed it with little difficulty and the level 10 was already set up. I pressurized it, turned up the velocity and it started to shoot. Not long from when it started to shoot, the gun no longer fired. I played around with the power tube 0-ring carriers and shims but to no avail. The trigger rod is putting pressure against the trigger, but when i depress the trigger nothing happens or the marker spurts some gas but does not actually fire. I have been doing this for a long long time now and it is really frustrating me. Aside from using this thread as a last resort, would it be easier to just send my marker to AGD and let them tune my marker till it is functional? Thank you.

Dayspring
04-27-2004, 11:22 PM
Define "played around with orings/shims/carriers"

JediJamminWease
04-27-2004, 11:25 PM
i kept going over the detailed instructions that came with my x-valve. I used trial and error as in tried a certain size carrier and checked for leaks, then added a shim, then two. When that didn't work i tried another size, added a shim, then two, maybe even three. I played around with the bolt springs for each size i tried and each amount of shims. I am willing to believe that i have checked most of my options. Unless, i am missing something, i want to believe the problem isn't the level 10.

abunkerer
04-28-2004, 12:21 AM
make sure your tank has over 900psi. a level 10 may not cycle without at least that much.
-use the short spring
-use the largest carrier (that dosen't leak)
put a few drops of oil in the powertube, and in the on/off assembly

Dayspring
04-28-2004, 12:25 AM
Did you use the same oring every time you changed carriers?

i kept going over the detailed instructions that came with my x-valve. I used trial and error as in tried a certain size carrier and checked for leaks, then added a shim, then two. When that didn't work i tried another size, added a shim, then two, maybe even three. I played around with the bolt springs for each size i tried and each amount of shims. I am willing to believe that i have checked most of my options. Unless, i am missing something, i want to believe the problem isn't the level 10.

JimmyBeam
04-28-2004, 01:06 AM
make sure your tank has over 900psi. a level 10 may not cycle without at least that much.

hmmm, i just got a HPA tank with preset output of 850 psi . i thought that it would be enough for when i get my xvalve. now your saying its not???

Zneaky
04-28-2004, 01:47 AM
Did you use your original "sear" or the new "sear" that came with it?

abunkerer
04-28-2004, 01:54 AM
no, the output pressure of the tank is fine, but if there isnt enough pressure in the tank (if the tank is low) then it wont recharge the valve.

JediJamminWease
04-28-2004, 05:25 PM
I did use the new sear, kept the same 0-ring everytime i changed carriers but my tank pressure was indeed below 900 psi. Thank you everyone for helping me. I think that kind of sucks about the tank though.