PDA

View Full Version : Truly one of a kind...

shartley
04-28-2004, 03:27 PM
Okay! Here is the transitions in action!

Here is my Stroker….

http://www.gbsu-usa.net/shartleycustoms/mystroker3.jpg

And here it is in pistol mode with motorized hopper and remote…

http://www.gbsu-usa.net/shartleycustoms/customer/stroker1.jpg

And today a little goodie arrived! I took it out of the box, slapped it on the marker, and ran outside to snap off a couple pictures.

I had it custom made for those days when you just want to push yourself a little harder…. (Thanks Glenn!)

http://gbsu-usa.net/shartleycustoms/customer/stroker10rd.jpg
http://gbsu-usa.net/shartleycustoms/customer/stroker10rd2.jpg

I have even more stuff planned for her, but I was so excited and had to share! Hope you all like it… I know I do.

The Action Figure
04-28-2004, 03:33 PM
wow nice gun

1stdeadeye
04-28-2004, 03:36 PM
Very nice!!!

Where do the CO2 Powerlets go when you play with the stock class feed?

Enjoy! I think I might be able to outgun you with the X-Mag though! :eek:
;)

Creative Mayhem
04-28-2004, 03:37 PM
interesting Sam.... How's the balance with the tube like that? It looks like it might be a odd feel?

shartley
04-28-2004, 03:45 PM
wow nice gun
Thanks.

Very nice!!!

Where do the CO2 Powerlets go when you play with the stock class feed?

Enjoy! I think I might be able to outgun you with the X-Mag though! :eek:
;)
Thank you.

I don’t think it is true stock class, but close… I think the spring feed knocks it out of true stock play. As for CO2… I can run it with a remote and just worry about reloading the balls, or I can put a 12gram adapter off the back where the remote nipple is now. Or I can use a 12gram stock quick changer.

No doubt you can put more balls down range…. Don’t know about “outgun” though. ;)

interesting Sam.... How's the balance with the tube like that? It looks like it might be a odd feel?
The balance is not that bad actually. Keep in mind that the actual marker is not lightweight to begin with, so the little bit the spring feed adds to the side isn’t really very noticeable. I am sure it would be more pronounced on a lighter marker though.

Come to think about it, in pistol mode with hopper is actually more noticeable than the spring feed. That is because once you tilt it a bit, the hopper really drags the marker… where the weight difference with the spring feed isn’t that much. I was actually quite pleased to see how nice it felt.

1stdeadeye
04-28-2004, 04:05 PM
Thanks.
No doubt you can put more balls down range…. Don’t know about “outgun” though. ;)

Accuracy by volume my friend! :D

Kevmaster
04-28-2004, 04:08 PM
thats lookin good sam. I've always loved guns like that.

ps: in regards to stock class...aint she semi?

shartley
04-28-2004, 04:08 PM
Accuracy by volume my friend! :D
Being the size of my family and everyone who wants a chunk of my income…… I have to subscribe to “Accuracy by affordability”. ;) :p

shartley
04-28-2004, 04:11 PM
thats lookin good sam. I've always loved guns like that.

ps: in regards to stock class...aint she semi?
Thanks... yes, and there is another thing that knocks me out for true stock class play (agian, I have not read all the rules lately).

This is my FUN marker, not specifically for any type of play or another. I have even more setups too... but am waiting on some more stuff.

magking1971
04-28-2004, 04:13 PM
mmmmmmmm, Palmer :p
Very nice!

the larch
04-28-2004, 04:14 PM
very nice. All you need to do is find someone to make you some custom wooden grips for it...... :D
That would be great to have on the days you play that everyone else playing measures their experience in hours instead of minutes

shartley
04-28-2004, 04:18 PM
mmmmmmmm, Palmer :p
Very nice!
Thank you.

very nice. All you need to do is find someone to make you some custom wooden grips for it...... :D
That would be great to have on the days you play that everyone else playing measures their experience in hours instead of minutes
LOL I have already been asked that on another forum… “Where’s the wood?!?!”

And I have to answer the same now as I did then…. I am behind in my customer’s grip projects, and the waiting list is HUGE and growing every day, I wouldn’t feel right if I didn’t clear a few more out of the way before I dressed my own marker.

Yes, set up with the new spring feed it is for those types of days. On other days I just have to run it with the motorized hopper. She can still lay down the paintaige…. Trust me. ;)

chasden
04-28-2004, 04:31 PM
I'm quite envious of your new toy. I've wanted a pump for a while and thought about the Phantom, but yours is really in a class by itself. Very bad-***. Enjoy it. Cheers.

shartley
04-28-2004, 04:42 PM
I'm quite envious of your new toy. I've wanted a pump for a while and thought about the Phantom, but yours is really in a class by itself. Very bad-***. Enjoy it. Cheers.
Thank you very much. I have had her for a while though… just adding to her.

You do realize it is not a pump marker though, right? It started life as a Short Barrel Piranha (a pump marker) then Palmer’s Pursuit Shop got a hold of it and converted it to semi-auto. That is why the first picture looks like a pump marker (I have the front grip/pump still on it, but it is not functional as a pump, only a grip.).

When I use it with a stock I have the pump/grip on it as a foregrip. When I use it in pistol mode, I take it off.

The marker is now what is called a Stroker. You could call it a wolf in sheep’s clothing. ;)

Thermus
04-28-2004, 05:11 PM
Pretty sweet, but why even bother with the stock feed if its a semi?

shartley
04-28-2004, 05:17 PM
Pretty sweet, but why even bother with the stock feed if its a semi?
Thank you.

Being the feed has a spring, it is actually not “stock” anyways. So why bother? To add fun to the game. It adds another dimension to playing.

There are several other semi-auto pistols out there which have what I call “limited paint” feeding too.

I have to say though, that I think this one is by far the most versatile one I have seen.

Thermus
04-28-2004, 05:22 PM
I see what you mean. Is it going to be a side arm (that would be a shame), a marker your gonna play with? How much did it cost you?

shartley
04-28-2004, 05:38 PM
I see what you mean. Is it going to be a side arm (that would be a shame), a marker your gonna play with? How much did it cost you?
I only take one marker on the field. Yes, I am going to play with it. When I use it, it will either be in pistol mode, or stocked mode… but it will be my primary weapon on the field.

As for how much it cost me…. I would rather not say. But similar markers run $300-$400 usually, USED. If you shop around you can find some great deals. Then what you do with them from that point on is up to you. For me it is about customizing, and variety of use.

According to the PPS site, a SB Piranha (like mine) conversion costs $360. That if for the conversion. And a spring feed is NOT an option for it. Well… now mine HAS one. ;) And other conversion rates are even higher.

Ginjiroku
04-28-2004, 05:54 PM
Awsome marker. I love PPS stuff.

shartley
04-29-2004, 04:53 AM
Awsome marker. I love PPS stuff.
Thank you. So do I.

cledford
04-29-2004, 05:31 AM
Very nice SAm. I like it a lot - it would be cool if Glenn offered it as an option.

-Calvin

shartley
04-29-2004, 06:05 AM
Very nice SAm. I like it a lot - it would be cool if Glenn offered it as an option.

-Calvin
Thanks, and I agree. I discussed it with him when we were setting it up, but he really isn’t interested in offering them as a standard part folks can buy "off the shelf". He did a fantastic job on fabricating though.

For a production version, I would do a couple small tweaks. And maybe even drop the front support bridge all together, or move it back a few inches.. What you see is what I asked him to build (but I didn’t specify where the support should be). I was wanting to make sure the stability was not an issue, and thus the front support would help prevent the feed from turning if knocked.

Glenn and I discussed this quite a bit to make sure it would work the way it should and even the height of the feed from the feed neck was calculated. Otherwise if you didn’t do this, when you filled the feed and some balls fell in the feed neck first, they would block the others from going into the actual feed. So you can say although this looks like something that could be an off the shelf product, it really requires some custom measuring and construction for it to work right…. And these measurements all hinge on the individual marker they are going on.

This feed also fits so tight that even without the front support, it would most likely not move unless hit REALLY hard. I would attempt to remove the front support, but I don’t want to ruin the finish on the feed. And I don’t think it looks bad as it is anyways.

Again, Glenn did a wonderful job with this.

stupiddogg
04-29-2004, 07:58 AM
Being the size of my family and everyone who wants a chunk of my income…… I have to subscribe to “Accuracy by affordability”. ;) :p

Sam, Can I steal that comment for a sig ?

ps. hows thoose grips coming?

coolcatpete
04-29-2004, 09:17 AM
Those are some nice pumps
Pete

shartley
04-29-2004, 12:32 PM
Sam, Can I steal that comment for a sig ?

ps. hows thoose grips coming?
Sure thing, have at it. ;)

The grips… I am plugging away at them slowly but surely. Shoot me off an e-mail for any details you may need.

Those are some nice pumps
Pete

Thank you….. it is all one marker, but it is not a pump. ;)

SpecialBlend2786
04-29-2004, 03:12 PM
Looks wonderful! Props to Glenn and yourself

shartley
04-29-2004, 04:24 PM
Looks wonderful! Props to Glenn and yourself
Thanks. I will be sure Glenn hears what folks have been saying.