PDA

View Full Version : i'm fed up with this stupid mag, where do I send it?

tmnothing
04-28-2004, 06:44 PM
Alright my backup mechanical mag has completely ran out my patience. I have an x-valve, level x, ult, roguerail (rtp sear setup), and y-grip. I dont remember what my LX setup is but I've tried millions of combinations with shims/carriers and i still have a very minute leak. I've got 3 .05" shims in the ult. That leak was present before the ULT was installed, I gave up on that a long time ago. The other problem is that sometime the bolt will not reselt itself all the way, which means there is no pressure on the trigger rod, and i cant fire unless I stick my finger in the breech and put a little bit of pressure on the bolt. It barely even moves but there is no other way. I have been trying for months to troubleshoot these two problems and I dont even care about the damn gun any more to waste time on it. Is there anyone who is confident that it can be fixed or should I just call up AGD tech support and send it back to them?

tonybhall
04-28-2004, 07:00 PM
The leak you are getting should not be related to the ULT. However, the trigger stick you are getting might be. Mine sticks sometimes. I have found that I can adjust the frame screws and it seems to help. As for as the leak, I am not good at diagnosing those.

If you can't get help here try calling AGD tech support. Also, there are several AO'ers that do tune ups. I think Tuna does them. I think Coolhand does them and Cphilip might as well. You might try hitting them up for some help.

Sorry you are having so much trouble. This is a good place to get help. Hope you get it figured out.

Target Practice
04-28-2004, 07:05 PM
I can take it off your hands for ya...for a nominal fee of course. ;)

tmnothing
04-28-2004, 07:23 PM
I dont want to get rid of it totally, I just want it fixed. This is my backup and I dont want to have to get something else for a backup. I forgot to mention that I had both of these problems when I first got the gun. Since then I put in the ult and switched from a AM/MM rail to the roguerail (rtp) rail setup. The trigger stick cant be related to the ult because it happened before i switched out he on/off assembly. The same with the leak that has been going on since I got the valve and set up the lx.

bina227
04-28-2004, 07:51 PM
Deffinetly talk to tunaman. He is an automag guru. He will tell you how to fix it or will be able to fix it for you. Talk to him.

- Eric

Havoc_online
04-28-2004, 08:08 PM
send it to me.

Chronobreak
04-28-2004, 08:28 PM
just noticed u said u switched from the am/mm mag rail to the rt pro rail you know you need a an rt sear for that right?

PaintSkater00
04-28-2004, 09:20 PM
Give Tunaman a pm he'll do wonders for your mag.

mobius
04-28-2004, 10:19 PM
just noticed u said u switched from the am/mm mag rail to the rt pro rail you know you need a an rt sear for that right?

He mentioned that he has the RTP sear in his first post.

athomas
04-29-2004, 08:19 AM
You mentioned that you have to push the bolt back manually. That is bolt stick. It is usually an indication on a carrier that is too tight. You need to go to a larger carrier size.

If you have removed all powertube shims from the setup and it still leaks using a carrier that is too tight, then you should change the carrier o-ring. It may be bad.

If the bolt does stick, the trigger rod cannot be pushed forward by the sear via the on/off pin, so it will be limp.

tmnothing
04-29-2004, 03:46 PM
It's not bolt stick, or at least what I understand to be bolt stick. The bolt will go forward and then return when fired but it wont return far enough for the sear to catch it. I have to manually push the bolt back yes, but i dont actually have to move it more than a few millimeters. What I understand bolt stick to be is when the bolt will travel forward when shot but not return or only return part way. I really dont think it is a carrier/o-ring issue. I have tried with several carriers and even several o-rings.

I'm sending it to tunaman he was the first one to PM me offering to fix it. Hopefully he'll have better luck than I've had. Thanks for your suggestions (again) guys.

P8ntBallBoom
04-29-2004, 04:02 PM
Heh, I had a bolt stick problem once. All it took was a little oil. Amazing how little upkeep mags need, but oil is a definite must.

I don't know what I'd usggest for you, other than oiling.

athomas
04-30-2004, 08:16 AM
It's not bolt stick, or at least what I understand to be bolt stick. The bolt will go forward and then return when fired but it wont return far enough for the sear to catch it. I have to manually push the bolt back yes, but i dont actually have to move it more than a few millimeters.

That is bolt stick.

Here is a brief summary of what happens.

As the bolt moves back the spring force gets less as the bolt gets closer to bumper. The chamber still has some residual pressure and there is some friction on the carrier o-ring (depends on how large and how lubricated). When the bolt spring force can't overcome the force of the air in the chamber plus the frictional forces of the o-ring the bolt sticks. The bolt slows down from the point that the bolt stem enters the carrier o-ring and comes to a stop before it is far enough back to allow the sear to catch. Usually a light fitting carrier (just enough to seal) and a bit of lubrication are all that is needed to make the bolt slide with little opposition to the bolt spring.

tmnothing
04-30-2004, 05:43 PM
Alright whether or not I knew exactly what was going on what I did throughtout all of my efforts to fix the gun should have fixed that problem. The bottom line is that I couldnt get it to go away going from carrier to carrier and adding/removing shims WITHOUT creating a leak to throw in the mixture of problems. (BTW I'm a oil freak that gun is well lubed!). Now it is up to tunaman to fix it because it went off in the mail today.