PDA

View Full Version : Womens football

Rooster
04-28-2004, 08:56 PM
Are you kidding me? I just saw a commercial for this travesty, and no it wasn't the kind of women's football where models play in their underwear. Who bankrolls this stuff? Didn't they learn from women's soccer, women's basketball, and women's golf that no one wants to see women do anything sports related but play beach volleyball and swim (don't start on paintball, because in full gear you'd be hard pressed to tell). Who are these idiots throwing their money away? Give me that cash, at least I’ll throw it away on something cool.

MagMan5446
04-28-2004, 11:34 PM
There's always the occasional girl that plays in high school......

There's the kicker on the Arizona st team thats a girl too.

graycie
04-28-2004, 11:40 PM
honestly, the only womens sports that would work is where the majority of the women don't look like men. this society is too shallow and image driven for it to survive.

TransMan
04-28-2004, 11:54 PM
I liek womens soccer there are some hotties on teh field yo :)

jpdgas
04-29-2004, 03:17 AM
This isnt very new at all. Its been around a few years, my gfs sister played and was very good (MVP her 1st year). besides, who cares if women want to play sports? Let them play! If they like doing it why complain about it? You would rather pay millions for some massive steroided guys in spandex to throw a ball around for you to watch on tv? no thanks, ill watch the chicks play. Even if some look slightly manly, Id rather watch replays of them than some meatheads.

Oh yea, my gf paintballs and there is NO mistaking her for ANYTHING but a woman.

Rooster
04-29-2004, 06:39 AM
If a bunch of girls want to play football, have at it. But I can think of alot better ways to waste money than to try to get people top buy tickets to this junk.

And unless they've started a swimsuit paintball division, nobody else can tell when she's on the field.

Halliday
04-29-2004, 10:57 AM
I used to work with a young lady who's on a Woman's Rugby team. Ouch. She would come to work with some nice brusies.

Rooster
04-29-2004, 11:13 AM
I think that is a sport that an audience could get behind. On the other hand I've known some female rugby players, and they wern't what one would call easy on the eyes.

taylor492
04-29-2004, 11:23 AM
More people need to get behind women's soccer

Hands down best looking of the female organized sports :cool:

jpdgas
04-29-2004, 02:43 PM
So rooster, it sounds like your basing your opinion of sports on the apprearance of the players. Do you really need to find the players attractive to appreciate a sport? I'm fairly confident that the majority of women who play any organized sport posses far more talent than you or i ever will in thier given sport, and that is something to respect, even if you dont want to watch it. Have you even seen womens sports? or are you just basing your opinion on one commercial?

apparently you havent had many women paintball players around either. I play scenario and there has been an increase in the amount of female players and ive never confused any of them for males.

countchocula54
04-29-2004, 02:57 PM
There's always the occasional girl that plays in high school......

There's the kicker on the Arizona st team thats a girl too.

i heard she got kicked off the team for not being good enough...but that was a lil while ago...i dont think chicks should be playing football though...

dwab3000
04-29-2004, 03:00 PM
well in female sports...are the cheerleaders those creepy male cheerleaders that went to your school....

and i cant tell my current g/f on the feild(she has a pair of ds...and even in a sports bra...you can tell)

Brak
04-29-2004, 03:00 PM
Sexism Is Awesome!!!!!

SIGSays
04-29-2004, 03:06 PM
that girl at one of those colleges was the kicker... she was raped...

JEDI
04-29-2004, 03:29 PM
Oh yea, my gf paintballs and there is NO mistaking her for ANYTHING but a woman.

Ok! Pictures needed!! :D

Halliday
04-29-2004, 03:40 PM
Ok! Pictures needed!! :D
I agree.
Back in college I took photos for the University of Iowa newspaper. I didn't get to shoot a lot of sports, but I did do some Women's Basketball.
Those girls rocked! I felt they were much more intesting than the Men's games. They had less fouls, less B.S., and way more grace and finesse.

ShooterJM
04-29-2004, 03:48 PM
that girl at one of those colleges was the kicker... she was raped...

she used to kick for CU and she claims she was raped.

1stdeadeye
04-29-2004, 04:28 PM
Hey Rooster be nice! Really Fat Girls need a sport to play too!! Offensive/Defensive Line baby!!! :p

who_311
04-29-2004, 05:43 PM
Am I the only one who thought that was really sexist? Trust me, Im not a women's lib person AT ALL. Im actually anti-"anti-sexist". But dude, do you really care that much if some girls want to play football? Jesus dude, lighten up. Why would you call it a travesty? Man, its just some girls playing some football, how does this hurt you in any way? Is it really post worthy on here? I mean come one man.

FactsOfLife
04-29-2004, 05:47 PM
I think that is a sport that an audience could get behind. On the other hand I've known some female rugby players, and they wern't what one would call easy on the eyes.

Wow, she must have the strength of ten men!

Who she would never have anything to do with....

Right you are Kenny!

Rooster
04-29-2004, 06:03 PM
Its not sexism at all. Women can play sports until they are blue in the face. However there is no denying that televising the junk is a waste of dollars. If someone wants to throw money down the toilet like that, why can't they send some my way?

Kevmaster
04-29-2004, 06:19 PM
let, enevitably, FOX learn the hard way that womens football wont sell unless the chicks are in bikinis. Thats just a fact. If FOX wants to waste millions on it, let them, its their own fault. Not like their programming anywhere else is quality.

logamus
04-29-2004, 07:37 PM
I liek womens soccer there are some hotties on teh field yo :)
some of them are really hot.

the problem with womens sports is that we have mens sports. female whatever is like watching male whatever in slow motion. and that does not favor the already painfully slow and boring soccer. they are using wnba games as an interrogation tool to make saddam talk its so painful to watch.