PDA

View Full Version : bob long

SILVERjl
04-28-2004, 09:02 PM
I know bob longs are good for accuracy and speed, but im not much interested in speed, im more interested in accuracy and range. Does anyone here own a bob long alias, dragon, species, or regular intimidator? How does the range and accuracy handle? also, is it possible to program the mode to 1 shot per trigger pull. I hear people talkin about 25bps but im not interested in wasting paint at practices :)

zacbot
04-28-2004, 09:04 PM
if your wanting accuracy..why spend $1200 bucks..buy a mag..heh

SILVERjl
04-28-2004, 09:13 PM
but range too...

zacbot
04-28-2004, 09:14 PM
eh..
range..
eh..

a certain paintball at a certain velocity will shoot the same range with any gun and anybarrel..with an exception with a flatline or any likelyness

ramennoodles
04-28-2004, 09:33 PM
if you want accuracy, cocker, or a closed bolt gun.

Banshee23
04-28-2004, 10:05 PM
if you want accuracy, cocker, or a closed bolt gun.

Wow, I can't believe someone with over 400 posts on this board actually posted that... I would hope that's a joke answer & you're not serious about the cocker more accurate thing. Anyway, to answer the original question timmie's are as accurate & fire as far as most any other decent marker with a good barrel using halfway decent paint. You're not going to fire farther or be anymore accurate with a timmie than you would with a cocker/mag/viking/matrix/etc... Basically buy whatever feels best to you.

Fred
04-28-2004, 10:43 PM
while you know that's an old farse that we joke about... a lot of newbs don't... and just perpetuate the myth...

every gun, with the same paint to barrel match and velocity, will shoot the exact same distance... accuracy will depend on how consistent it is, and how well you can aim...

timmies shoot fine... they're all pretty much the same, just different cosmetics and maybe software...

---Fred

temps
04-28-2004, 10:48 PM
Man.. whats up with all the newb posts today! this is like the 2nd or 3rd I have read today.. someone has to show these people the light!

Nick O time
04-28-2004, 11:10 PM
dude no offense but r u a newb. if so u dun need to be spending 12 right out the gate. just get sumtin simple for starters. the only thing that will effect accuracy is good paint to barrel bore match and the only thing that effects range is a flatline barrel or other things like that such as the zmag body. i would reccomend a simple gun at first then upgrade to a more advanced gun.

Torbo
04-29-2004, 11:28 AM
if its rediculous speed and light weight you want, then you want a timmy. If its accuracy, buy anything. All about the same.

tribalman
04-29-2004, 11:40 AM
timmies are ok, and also, any gun without bounce up the arse is 1 pull, one shot. the thing that makes the timmy shoot around 18bps or so is the user hitting the trigger that fast. after that it's pretty much bounce. if you want a gun that is decent, i've heard good things about the "the one"; i like spyders, semi or electro are fine. or even get a mag.

SMG
04-29-2004, 12:10 PM
Go to Web Dog Radion and watch the weekly tech tip clips. The last two deal with accuracy and range. You will see that range will be approximately the same for any gun shooting the same velocity with the exception of the Tippman Flatline. Accuracy is related largely to paint to barrel match. Get a cheap barrel kit and you will be okay.

1ofkind
04-29-2004, 03:29 PM
If you got time money and patients a autococker is very rewarding, but a mag is just as nice to me.

tyrion2323
04-29-2004, 04:53 PM
Wow, I can't believe that AOers are buying into the accuracy/range myth.

Let's clear this up:
All markers have the same level of inherent accuracy. Accuracy is based on the paint-to-barrel match, as well as the consistency of the regulator.

All markers have teh same inherent range. An automag will shoot a paintball as far as an autococker.

Okay, now for your original question, I have a few suggestions about possible markers:

EVIL OMEN
I own one, and I love it. It's preset at 15bps, operates like a closed-bolt stacked-tube, and can be upgraded to 25bps. They're easy to tech, cost about 350 used, and Evil cust. service is absolutely phenomenal.

IMPULSE
Only purchase this if you wish to upgrade it. Once upgraded, a $800 Impulse will knock your socks off. I'd compare my friend's impulse to any marker out there.

BKO
This is a great marker for upgrading. It operates like the impulse, but doesn't have an anti-chop system. However, Off the Break is releasing a mechanical anti-chop bolt which looks promising. For $500 total, you could have a ripping marker!

OGI TES (formerly Dragun TES)
For $250 stock, this marker can't be beat in price:performance ratio. It's capable of 20bps stock, and with a few inexpensive upgrades (bolt, IS-Switch, feedneck) it can compare with Bushies, Omens and Impulses.

Those are my recommendations.

Jacob

kauai_paintball
04-29-2004, 05:00 PM
Wow, I can't believe someone with over 400 posts on this board actually posted that... I would hope that's a joke answer & you're not serious about the cocker more accurate thing. Anyway, to answer the original question timmie's are as accurate & fire as far as most any other decent marker with a good barrel using halfway decent paint. You're not going to fire farther or be anymore accurate with a timmie than you would with a cocker/mag/viking/matrix/etc... Basically buy whatever feels best to you.
Well actually for some strange reason cockers and closed bolts do shoot farther.... it was before suspected that Mr. Orr employed the use of magic elves to help his guns shoot farther.

Buff
04-29-2004, 05:06 PM
OGI TES (formerly Dragun TES)

For $250 stock, this marker can't be beat in price

uhm, The EVO costs the same and has breakbeam eye's and is made in America.....

Well actually for some strange reason cockers and closed bolts do shoot farther.... it was before suspected that Mr. Orr employed the use of magic elves to help his guns shoot farther.

erm, dont think so. I own a 68Mag, '03 black magic, and a piranha. They all shoot the same range, but the mag and cocker have a litle tighter velocity consistency.

Nick O time
04-29-2004, 06:41 PM
:eek: wow.........thats all i can say. its a sad day when AO starts buying into the accuracy and range myths.

gc82000
04-29-2004, 09:13 PM
:( :( :( :( :( :( how can all of you guys tell this man all about range and accuracy tell him to to read tk's tech tips. then he will be enlightened to this ever ongoing debate.

hAppy
04-29-2004, 09:42 PM
no offense, but you should do a little more research on paintball guns and the paintball world before spending over 400 bucks on a paintball gun.

all guns shoot the same distance
if your gun did shoot farther, chances are it would bounce off the person.

i would suggest a automag or something

1ofkind
04-30-2004, 03:34 PM
Mags shoot straight, aren't closed bolt so you actually have a ball detent. Also no matience at all!

datboyc
04-30-2004, 04:10 PM
ummmmm...... ok i am not sure except for one post if this has been easily explained, so here it goes

i have one of the fastest timmys, or so i have been told by Lucian "Chainsaw" Blackburn of Addicted.

i have one shot one pull every time i step on the field for a game, and i still hit upwards of 18 bps......... dont worry i have refs that wanna check me all the time........ My gun has every, in my opinion, needed mod for optimum proformance.

i have also owned a 68 Automag Classic with the classic and level 7 valvues. i left this pretty much stock, because i liked it just the way it was........with the exception of a dye barrel (.691)

the intimidator truthfully curves slightly for some reason, which i happen to like. the automag on the other hand shot straight as an arrow....... yes the stories and facts play a role in this, but who cares why and how.

JKW
05-01-2004, 07:32 PM
Yes Cliff, your Intimidator is fast. But it has been faster :D

fcpchop
05-02-2004, 12:06 PM
well i dont know, everyone says that the whole cocker thing is a myth, but i shot one not too long ago, and i gotta say it seemed to shoot more acurate and further than my emag, not saying all of them do, btw i used the same paint for each of them. But overall most guns are just as accurate as the other, the main difference to look out for is weight, and speed if that is what you look for, mostly everything else are the same with every gun

SanDiegoMag
05-02-2004, 12:54 PM
Wow, I can't believe that AOers are buying into the accuracy/range myth.

All markers have teh same inherent range. An automag will shoot a paintball as far as an autococker.

Ever heard of cocker elves?

shivors
05-02-2004, 01:11 PM
I will only speak of what I know or have witnessed. I wanted to see what changes occured when I increased the flow by removing the venturi core, and changing the valve from my Electra DX.

What I found was it was very similar in distance but it's pattern tightened up noticably in the 30ft range...did have time to test other ranges before I had to go play. I would say it went from a 10-11" pattern to a 6-8" pattern.