PDA

View Full Version : Pro players and their masks (ricerocket)

X-Plosive
10-04-2001, 04:41 PM
I've seen many pro players play rec with the mouth piece of their masks bent up and soft ear pieces. Supposedly bending the mouthpiece muffles your voice less and the ear pieces allow you to hear more clearily. Does it really make that much of a difference? I have even seen some players without ear pieces on the TC factory team when they are playing rec. I know for NPPL you must wear ear pieces but are you allowed to have your mouth piece bent up?

Puckz
10-04-2001, 04:51 PM
The soft ear pieces are there because its easier to get a bounce off them.

Rolling up the mouth piece I guess helps people speak clearer. I never did it but a few of my teammates do.

MikeCouves
10-04-2001, 05:00 PM
Hmm that's a good idea. But it really hurts when you get shot up in the mouth and cheek and stuff. Once I was trying to look up at the top of the bunker to see how high it was and got shot in the mouth. Man it hurt and tasted really gross. Lol, that will teach me.

SIGSays
10-04-2001, 05:23 PM
when i folded up my ize..... the ball broke on my chin and the paint chips flew up my nose and it cut up the inside of my nose....... i had a hard time taking out the shell.

but.. you only get hit in the face when you fold up your ching guard. lol

Cro§§ƒire
10-04-2001, 05:33 PM
My all uses Scott masks :D Were sponsered by them so all in all their the best masks ever. Even though we can't bend them up.

Deadeye
10-04-2001, 08:50 PM
Here's my 2 cents, I use to fold up my Flex just a bit so the tip wouldn't hit me in the chest when playing. It still did cover my mouth though...then I switched to a Proteus and never had a problem since.

MajorDamage
10-04-2001, 10:39 PM
I eat paste...

ENDO!

RiceRocket
10-05-2001, 08:36 AM
I don't recommend folding up the mask to anybody. It's not the smartest thing to do. The reasons I bend it up are so the guys behind me can hear me and because the soft part hits my tank when I shoulder my gun, which makes the goggles move up. Even folded up, I have still have to scream my lungs out. It's stupid, but I try to take every advantage I can get. Soft ear pieces = more likely to get a bouce. Not sponsored by JT and won't do anything like this when we get our DYE masks.

X-Plosive
10-05-2001, 02:06 PM
those DYE invision masks are disgustingly ugly and I'm not to sure about the protection. They advertise it as a "lower profile". I really can't make any more fun of it until I try one.

FeelTheRT
10-05-2001, 03:11 PM
i also flip the mouth peice up and the reason is it just seems smaller. I also don't use a visor because i think it influences my vision. As for the soft ear peices, i'd like to try some of them.