PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Video...

Target Practice
04-28-2004, 10:02 PM
I found this video, and I thought it was kinda cool. Hey, desparate times call for desparate measures. Be forewarned...actual battlefield video. Well, kinda. Just take a look. The link sucks, so you will have to click on the link, then where it says "If your download doesn't start, click here", right click on it and choose "Save Target As...". You won't be disappointed... :D

Apache Engaging Targets (http://media.hamncheez.com/?v=apache.mpeg)

zemoglis
04-28-2004, 10:13 PM
Awsome man!

yeahthatsme
04-28-2004, 10:42 PM
thats really really old...cool...but OLD...like welcome to last year old...and stuff...

zemoglis
04-28-2004, 10:49 PM
Funny thing dude, I didn't see that last year.
So it's a, like new to me.

Good post man!

Target Practice
04-28-2004, 10:53 PM
Really? Huh, I was just looking around in this God-Forsaken Abyss that is the Internet, when I came uppon this little gem. Oh well, it's new to some people

SanDiegoMag
04-29-2004, 12:19 AM
ya, well i hope those guys worked for smart parts...

Iron Mag13
04-29-2004, 07:25 AM
personaly i think that is a gunship not an apache my dad has a longer version of that its awsome!

SlartyBartFast
04-29-2004, 10:42 AM
While interesting and certainly a look into the dark world of the battlefield, that wasn't a video game or hollywood film you were watching.

It's a little disgusting that real people being shot into bits is being described as awesome. :(

Target Practice
04-29-2004, 12:16 PM
Merriam-Webster defines "awsome" as "expressive of awe, inspiring awe". Now, maybe zemoglis didn't mean it in this way, but I do find it awsome that our soldiers in the field are able to take targets out of commission with such extreme prejudice. I am awed by the capabilities of our soldiers, and I am really glad they are on our side.

SlartyBartFast
04-29-2004, 12:23 PM
Main Entry: awe·some
Pronunciation: 'o-s&m
Function: adjective
1 : expressive of awe <awesome tribute>
2 a : inspiring awe <an awesome task> b : TERRIFIC 2, 3; especially : EXTRAORDINARY
- awe·some·ly adverb
- awe·some·ness noun

Particularily in the sense of "Awesome Man!" I think the expressed feeling is not ambiguous. In current vernacular, 2b and c seem most likely.