PDA

View Full Version : Paintball commercial on channel 5 NBC

jayloo
04-28-2004, 11:31 PM
Channel 5 NBC in Chicago just showed a commercial for CPX in Jolliet, Illinois. Good quality 30 seconds on folks shootin and wearin FACEMASKS. Im diggin the exposure.

By the way Brass Eagle owns CPX.

Loud Tim
04-29-2004, 11:32 AM
yeah i saw a comercial for paintball daves in milwaukee the other day it was cool.
not only does it advertise for the feild which is tight but it shows what paintball really is to mass numbers of people.

frop
04-29-2004, 12:43 PM
Well, no wonder CPX sucks. Never knew BE owned it. I can honestly say I wont goo there again. Been there 4 times at least over the past year, and every time there is rampant wiping by 12 year olds with Cockers, etc. while the refs just sit on the sideline. MHO is that the facilities rock, but the people (most of the staff & players) suck. I'd rather have a hut for a field office at Fox River & great play than a spiffy building, useless refs (no offense to the rest of the refs here) & cheaters, plus techs that cant take apart a Flatline in under 20min, AND crappy BE paint at CPX. Just my list of grievances. No offense to the Chicago AOers that play/work at CPX, but hey, the fire is lit. So flame on!

Thordic
04-29-2004, 12:56 PM
K2 owns BE, so K2 owns CPX.

jayloo
04-29-2004, 01:54 PM
Well, no wonder CPX sucks. Never knew BE owned it. I can honestly say I wont goo there again. Been there 4 times at least over the past year, and every time there is rampant wiping by 12 year olds with Cockers, etc. while the refs just sit on the sideline. MHO is that the facilities rock, but the people (most of the staff & players) suck. I'd rather have a hut for a field office at Fox River & great play than a spiffy building, useless refs (no offense to the rest of the refs here) & cheaters, plus techs that cant take apart a Flatline in under 20min, AND crappy BE paint at CPX. Just my list of grievances. No offense to the Chicago AOers that play/work at CPX, but hey, the fire is lit. So flame on!

Man u got 3 posts to ur name and ur already startin stuff :p

CPX is only good for tourney practice IMHO. Shatnerball 2004 is the only time I will be at CPX this year. I frequent Country Club Paintball in Glenwood IL and occasionally Badlandz in Crete IL and Paintball Sams in Racine WI.

Loud Tim
04-29-2004, 01:57 PM
i thought that cpx had gotten rid of all their tourny feilds

frop
04-30-2004, 12:17 PM
Hey now jayloo, 3 posts, doesn't mean that I'm a noob :cool: Or that I'm new to this BBS. Also, I've gotta ask, how do you like Badlandz? Cya guys around.

jayloo
04-30-2004, 12:21 PM
Hey now jayloo, 3 posts, doesn't mean that I'm a noob :cool: Or that I'm new to this BBS. Also, I've gotta ask, how do you like Badlandz? Cya guys around.

You didnt sound like a noob.

Badlandz is ok.
Con: The land used to be for cow/horse grazing so it tends to stink especially on hot/humid days. You get used to it though. It seems that they dont take care of their fields. The reffing for tourneys is in my experience great.

Pro: It's a 20 min drive and u get to BYOP. They have like 3 hyperball fields. Team practice on Sunday morns.

nippinout
04-30-2004, 12:28 PM
NBC5's weekend anchor, Anna Davlantes, is talented.

lew
04-30-2004, 03:14 PM
I've heard advertisements for a local paintball store on the radio a while back. I've yet to see any on TV, though.

RenagadeOfFunk
04-30-2004, 03:49 PM
Channel 5 NBC in Chicago just showed a commercial for CPX in Jolliet, Illinois. Good quality 30 seconds on folks shootin and wearin FACEMASKS. Im diggin the exposure.

By the way Brass Eagle owns CPX.

...WHAT!!!...i never see paintball on tv...

...anyone happen to record it?...

Anyways my HDTV doesn't get local channels (Dish Network)

...only my 42 inch in the front room does (cause local channels costs more to add to the Dish Network channel plan)

WARPED1
04-30-2004, 03:51 PM
K2 owns BE, so K2 owns CPX.K2 now owns WGP as well.