PDA

View Full Version : The Battle for Middle Earth is Near!

MXS
04-29-2004, 02:28 AM
The third and final chapter in the annual Memorial Day Weekend "Ring" series of MXS scenario games at EMR is "The King Returns" on May 29-30.
The pre-registration deadline is May 11!

Two experienced and highly skilled commanders will lead this tie-breaking game of Good versus Orcs!
James "Flash" Peterson - member of the Mayberry Marauders scenario team; captain of Texas' Manic Depression tournament team; paintball referee extraordinaire; sponsor ho', and "he who works for chocolate" - has offered his services to lead the Forces of Mordor as a (slightly-more-cuddly) Sauron, hisself
!!!

Recruitment is now open for all Orcs, Uruk Hai and Evil Men to rally around the banner of Sauron in anticipation of a Middle Earth b*tt-kicking :!:

Or not
:D

His opponent - member of Team Blitzkrieg scenario team; the legendary captain of the former NPPL tournament team Thunder Struck; owner of Sherwood Forest Adventure Games in Laporte, Indiana; a member of Shatner's Magnificent 7 and connoisseur of fine cigars - Joe "Smokin' Joe" Stayback, portraying Aragorn, will most certainly greet his foe with great anticipation upon the fields of battle.

TO WAR!!

All recruits may get their paperwork in order by visiting the
EMR Paintball (http://emrpaintball.com) website or the Mackz Xtreme Sportz (http://www.mxsportz.com) website.
The extensive role character list will be uploaded soon.

Call EMR at 570-465-9622 for more information or email mxs@mxsportz.com

Pyrate Jim
04-29-2004, 08:50 PM
If I'm right, Both of the previous games set MXS records.

The Good side set a record for most missions accomplished in a game during the Ring of Fellowship in 2002.
The Evil Horde set a record for the largest point spread of any MXS game last year at Twin Towers.

Third game pays for all.

than205
04-29-2004, 09:15 PM
I take it that Tom isn't going to make it to this one.....

judster
04-30-2004, 07:23 AM
I take it that Tom isn't going to make it to this one..... tom was there last year and played the game, he also opened the automag display at the paintball musem. however i have no idea if he will be there this year...

FlashTX
04-30-2004, 09:10 AM
Well...even if Tom can't make it, AGD will be well represented as BOTH commanders play on AGD sponsored scenario teams. :)

Thoughts of records aside...I'm expecting this to be a very enjoyable game as I can't think of too many people in paintball that I like and respect more than "Smokin" Joe Stayback. I consider it to be an honor to go up against a player, and person, of his caliber. I dare say that if it were "may the best man win"...the victory would easily be his! :cool:

However...we'll wait until Sunday afternoon to see who rules Middle-Earth in the end!!! :D

DementedChild
04-30-2004, 01:57 PM
i seriously just realize im only two hours from EMR and never played there

Meph
04-30-2004, 04:07 PM
...Evil will always triumph because Good is dumb!

Pyrate Jim
04-30-2004, 09:10 PM
This game the Witch King of Angmar shall ride the Fell Beast into battle.

I've been doing scenario for over ten years. I've seen a multitude of tanks, costumes, props of all shapes and sizes.

This one you you gotta see to believe.

darwin
04-30-2004, 09:27 PM
eh, i think i might raise up and represent :)

ladymarshal
05-19-2004, 07:26 PM
I am the witch King
this is my steed

cower in fear.

http://www.pbmarshals.com/MassesImagination/beast.html

actually when you make things they look funny until they are done
:rolleyes:

Pyrate Jim
05-19-2004, 08:19 PM
And Eowyn will take you out, my dear. She's been practicing throwing Nerf footballs and her aim is excellent within 25 feet. Not that she'll need accuracy hitting something the size of a barn door. I just gotta get her that close.

The role of Eowyn will be played by my daughter, Rowan, (Rowan~Eowyn, close enough) who turned 10 just three weeks ago. My wife is making most of her costume, even knitting silver yarn into chain-maille.
Now, my wife has made my costumes for years. At the LOTR games, Ladymarshal and I together took second place at Fellowship and I won first place at Twin Towers in the costume contest. So I expect Eowyn's costume to be quite special.

Myself, no roles or costumes this year. I'll have quite enough to worry about having a little girl on the field.
Although....I could show up dressed as Elvis. Would serve 'em right to have the real King return...

ladymarshal
05-20-2004, 05:37 AM
Oh yeah?
well what if I dont want to go by the book?
huh? huh?

you steeeenking goodies are only gonna kill Me & Mine
because its in the stinking script! :p

your just jealous because the food we evil guys get to eat is FAR better than YOURS if you look here, http://www.tuckborough.net/food.html
with weird food the likes of:
CRAM & Lembas
and drink the likes of:
Miruvor & Ent-draughts

no wonder- the good digestable thing on the list is WINE

Eowens theme song:
"Give me a break, give me a break,
break me off a piece of that Ten Year Old."

Eowyn- its whats for dinner.

Pyrate Jim
05-21-2004, 07:27 PM
If you want a piece of this particular ten year old, you'd best remember who's standing behind her.
And the P/A is almost ready to install on the KP3. Even the Witch-King can't see through a mask covered in paint.

If the P/A isn't done, then I may go semi. Play with the level 7 mag while Rowan uses her MicroMag RT. Hah! Father and Daughter 'Mag players!
I'll have to get a pic of that for AO.

ladymarshal
05-23-2004, 06:45 AM
Even the Witch-King can't see through a mask covered in paint.

ah, you forget the first marker I ever USED in paintball was Jimmys Mini-Mag
and -as I recall I didnt NEED to use a lot of paint to blind my players into submission.

and if you rmember the story, I the main fear of the Nazgul is the
EVIL that they radiate, causing players to go mad with fear.

Pyrate Jim
05-23-2004, 11:42 AM
I went mad long before I ever played paintball.

The DVD comes out in 2 days. I'll have to get it, but I'm really waiting for the boxed set with all the extras.

doc_Zox
06-02-2004, 12:38 PM
i noticed the nazgul got a tad "mad" when they were barrel tagged with a LAWS

:D