PDA

View Full Version : New mag user questions

Bugget3000
04-29-2004, 11:19 AM
Hey everyone. I just got a new mag (my first) and had some questions about some problems I was having with it. I searched these forums and found most of the answers but I still have some questions that are just basic ones from a new user.

For starters I just recieved a proteams E-mag which I bought off Ebay. Its an awesome marker but unfortunately it didn't come with any manual. I tried it out last night and it worked well until I let it sit until one of the games was through, then it wouldn't fire. Searching the forums I see that I am experiencing bolt stick and should be looking at using a different sized carrier O-ring or a smaller spring if the O-ring lets it leak. So here is the first newb question, which one is the carrier O-ring? I have only taken it apart for a quick glance at it before I came into work this morning so it would be really cool if someone coul dpost a picture or a link to a manual or something.

Secondly, the marker came with a Level 10 box that was open and empty so I assume that it has a level 10 bolt setup, but how could I verify that for sure?

Third, the valve seems to be a stock E-mag valve, should I upgrade to an X-valve? I have read that they are much faster and lighter but I would love to hear some user opinions.

Fourth, I have read about people using aftermarket boards in the trigger setup aswell as blade triggers. I love blade triggers and was wondering which are preffered and why?

Fifth, does anyone play at Doodlebug sportz in Everett Washington?

Thanks a bunch everyone! I will keep googling when I get a chance but I figured I should just come right out with some questions so that I can post here since I am now officially an Automag owner!

Edit (one more thing): Also forgot to ask, the charger doesn't seem to charge the battery pack to full. I charged it until the light went green and then put teh pack on the marker and would immediately get the low battery signal. I put the battery pack back on the charger and it would charge for about half an hour and then the same thing would happen. Once I got it on there without the message I only got one game out of it plus some fooling around with the bolt stick problem before I got the low bat signal again. Do I need a new charger or a new battery pack? Thanks again!

Joni
04-29-2004, 11:34 AM
1 and 2
Here is the manual: http://www.airgun.com/downloads/emaginstructions.pdf
It's not the PTP microE-mag (which is what I assume you have), but the manual applies to almost everything. The only difference is the body.
If you suffer from bolt stick, you need to tune your lvl10, here is a manual for that:
http://www.automags.org/resource/level10/index.shtml
Looking at those picture you should see if you have lvl10. If everything looks the same, you have lvl10. BTW, if the lvl10 box was empty, you got ripped of. You should have gotten a bunch of springs, orings, carriers and shims along with it.

The E-mag valve is operates exactly as the X-valve. No difference in performance, only weight. (The E-mag valve is partly SS, the X-valve all aluminium).

With the newest software (3.2), you shouldn't need another board. There are some aftermarket blade triggers, the fireblade seems to be most popular
http://www.logicpaintball.com/cgi-bin/mivavm?Merchant2/merchant.mvc+Screen=PROD&Store_Code=LP&Product_Code=FireBlade&Category_Code=LP

No, I play at Area51 in Gothenburg :D

Bugget3000
04-29-2004, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the links Joni!

Any ideas on the charger/battery anyone?

Also, I plan on visiting Norway this winter, maybe I will train over to Sweden and play some paintball in Gothenburg ;)

Joni
04-29-2004, 01:14 PM
Not a bad idea =). Hopefully there will be an indoor field up and running here this winter, otherwise I'll have to go to Norway and play ;) . They have a great indoorfield in Fredrikstad.

ghideon
04-29-2004, 01:16 PM
First of all, never trust the LED on the charger. I'd let the charger run overnight, and then check the battery again. If you have access to a voltmeter/multimeter, check the battery. It should read somewhere around 18-19volts fully charged.

If that doesn't do the trick, it sounds like the battery may have some dead cells. New batteries can be ordered from the AGD store, here ($40):

http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=136&categoryID=0

Bugget3000
04-29-2004, 02:12 PM
Thanks Ghideon, I assume that that means that it will continue to charge even when the LED on the charger has gone green? If that is the case then I did indeed let it charge overnight and probably need a new battery pack.

Thanks again everyone!

ghideon
04-30-2004, 12:40 PM
Thanks Ghideon, I assume that that means that it will continue to charge even when the LED on the charger has gone green? If that is the case then I did indeed let it charge overnight and probably need a new battery pack.

Thanks again everyone!

Correct. Let it charge overnight, even if the LED reads green.

Bugget3000
04-30-2004, 01:27 PM
Thanks Ghideon. I let it charge overnight again and it still won't go very long til I get a low battery warning so I ordered a new battery from AGD. Thanks for the tip!

-Bugget3000