PDA

View Full Version : What should be next other than the hAir trigger?

Bad_Knees
04-29-2004, 03:15 PM
Well now that we are seeing custom parts out on AO what should be the next aftermarket part? For mags or emags? Pleas also include features and why you think they should be on the part. :cool:

Big'n slo
04-29-2004, 03:17 PM
The cOmb forgrip? :D

Bad_Knees
04-29-2004, 03:19 PM
Like those folding comb/hairbrush that opens like a switch blade?

Big'n slo
04-29-2004, 03:26 PM
Like those folding comb/hairbrush that opens like a switch blade?

Ooh Ooh, yeah with hair gel inside!!!

Sorry, I have nothing constructive to add....

temps
04-29-2004, 03:38 PM
I would like to see an entire new gun, with redisigned valve.. but thats just me.

punkncat
04-29-2004, 04:30 PM
The cOmb forgrip? :D

Dang , thats off the cuff.
Good laugh , thanks.

dwab3000
04-29-2004, 05:44 PM
i like the idea of a folding forgrip...
im sorry...i like srange things

maybe a adjustable foregrip...like you could set it 15* back then 15* forward...

matt-o
04-29-2004, 05:45 PM
yeah id like to see a totally redesigned gun, the ICD freestyle is suppsed to work sorta like a mag but its low pressure, so i think thats where mags should go next, low pressure , lighter, breakbeam eyes, more efficient, quieter that kinda stuff, timmis, angels, shockers and trixes have them beat too bad right now

tony3
04-29-2004, 05:54 PM
Yeah I totally agree, we have got these ygrips, lvl 10, ule parts that's cute, but we need a hardcore upgrade that will bring mags into 2004. It's ok if mags use the same basic valve, BUT they need something that will completely change them. Cockers use the same system has 94, but they aren't nearly the same with the eblade kit. Mags need something like that. If this deadlywind trigger is under 350, and you can find SEVERAL guns with it stock, I think we will see lots more mags being used. Also, I would like to see it being built around its own frame, or you can get it installed into your intelliframe. Don't make the frame you sell it stock in a 90* frame, make its a nicely shaped 45 frame, similar to the eblade. I think mags can easily get back on the top, they got lots of the pieces of the puzzle, but it's missing the big piece, once we get that piece in, mags will get more popular again.

Fred
04-29-2004, 06:49 PM
maybe another run of 4500 flatlines... :eek:

nt2004
04-29-2004, 06:54 PM
yeah id like to see a totally redesigned gun, the ICD freestyle is suppsed to work sorta like a mag but its low pressure, so i think thats where mags should go next, low pressure , lighter, breakbeam eyes, more efficient, quieter that kinda stuff, timmis, angels, shockers and trixes have them beat too bad right now

Lighter=ULE products
breakbeam eyes=no need, we have LX
Low pressure=doesnt boost performance much
Quieter=are you running on CO2? People always comment on my mag being quiet(i use HPA)
More efficient=i do agree with this one, efficiency isn't horrible but it could use a boost

steveo356
04-29-2004, 07:28 PM
maybe some sort of air flow foregrip... i dont no about you guys but my hands get awfully sweaty on that metal forgrip on them days when is jus too hot for my gloves

spasticsquirrel
04-29-2004, 07:39 PM
maybe some sort of air flow foregrip... i dont no about you guys but my hands get awfully sweaty on that metal forgrip on them days when is jus too hot for my gloves
then get the new one, its awsome, and bike-gripy

i like the adjustable forgrip, but how about an ASA so you can choose the amount of degrees, and your favorite gas-through grip or reg. I want a reg on mine becuase so i can change it to 800psi and have a rt effect, or lower it for tornements.

gc82000
04-29-2004, 08:13 PM
i would love to see some custom colored barrel tips like the Kaner kit for Cockers. The guns have to peice barrels and they are compatible with the Kaner kits to allow the guns to sill be colored the same. I want my barrels to match the color of my ULE body,

FooTemps
04-29-2004, 08:19 PM
AGD should or probably is working on an efficiency mod. I mean, we need something that can go deeper into the tank that 1000psi. That's 1/3 of my tank's pressure right there that I can't use because of LX.

I mean, AGD has got everything else... Lightweight, ergonomic, small, fast, consistent, and anti chop... We just need efficient and we're good to go.

tjmpaintball06
04-29-2004, 08:19 PM
AGD should move into the barrel market. Make a good barrel and a good barrel kit. Make more bodies and lower the prices. I love wierd stuff on guns, make weird stuff. Make built in warp feed or something, like a loader that is built into the gun.

Oh_Davey
04-29-2004, 09:04 PM
I love wierd stuff on guns, make weird stuff. Make built in warp feed or something, like a loader that is built into the gun.

I saw a patent for a built in loader type thing a while back, it looked pretty weird/cool.

hAppy
04-29-2004, 09:04 PM
WAS for the mechanical deadlywind trigger :cool:

Bonx0007
04-29-2004, 10:03 PM
Air efficiency is the number one flaw in a mag these days. Fix that and you will make a lot of money. :cool: ;)

Chronobreak
04-29-2004, 10:05 PM
Warp Slugs Warp Slugs Warp Slugs!!

Head knight of Ni
04-29-2004, 10:51 PM
How about hAir trigger marketing and a viewable proto type on Toms secret lab. :D

dwab3000
04-30-2004, 06:59 AM
i still like the adjustble foregrip i came up with

its kinda like that cocker...

but will be better

tjmpaintball06
04-30-2004, 07:00 AM
warp slug warp slug warp slug warp slug warp slug!!! and a built in loader!

dwab3000
04-30-2004, 07:05 AM
ok man...
no need to start like chanting it...takeing space up on the idea forum...

thatguy68
04-30-2004, 07:42 AM
how bout they find a way to make a frame like the i frame for the impulse. It would be as comfortable as the i frame and have all the same adjustments. Then there were be more adjustments for people who like to tinker and you could make an insanely fast pull. If they could do all this in a regular frame like a hyperframe(sp?). The mag would be on a whole new level.

robdamanii
04-30-2004, 08:36 AM
Know what I'd like to see? A nice lithium Ion rechargable battery for the e-mag/X-mag that doesn't weigh as much as the monster on the front, is smaller in size, and will last 10x as long in terms of recharge cycles.

Don't say it can't be done, my father works for a battery company that built a single D-cell sized lithium ion cell that can crank and run a harley in -15 degree temperatures.

mikebridge
04-30-2004, 08:59 AM
here's some patents (http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&u=%2Fnetahtml%2Fsearch-adv.htm&r=0&f=S&l=50&d=PTXT&RS=%22airgun+designs%2C+inc%22&Refine=Refine+Search&Refine=Refine+Search&Query=%22airgun+designs%2C+inc%22+OR+Kotsiopoulos+ OR+Kostiopoulos) that reference TK or AGD, note: not all of them are paintball related, and only a couple are straight from AGD (most have references to AGD) but there's a couple interesting ones (http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&u=%2Fnetahtml%2Fsearch-adv.htm&r=0&f=S&l=50&d=PTXT&RS=%28%22airgun+designs%2C+inc%22+OR+%28Kotsiopoul os+OR+Kostiopoulos%29%29&Refine=Refine+Search&Refine=Refine+Search&Query=%22airgun+designs%2C+inc%22) in there, such as a underbarrel hopper contraption w/ a conveyor belt feed... (no, the warp is a different patent.)

Swede X-mag
04-30-2004, 09:24 AM
The thing is that AGD has some of the greatest components ot there,
But that’s their strength and their weakness.
What I think they should do is to start with a new Marker.
But not based on their modular components.
Take the best things from every product and implement them in a new marker.
Don’t think modular design, because that would only restrain the design of the marker.
Keep the best and redesign the rest.

That is what’s happened to the new rt –pro its based on some great products. But think if they could keep the valve and design an new body and grip together so that it looks like it was designed together. Take the Dm4 for example.

Remember Im from Sweden and my English Isn’t my strength ;) :D :p

Reaver
04-30-2004, 09:33 AM
new trigger will be carbon fiber. first shocker ones are going to start production monday heres some previews.

www.hcpra.net/event/strange.jpg
www.hcpra.net/event/strange2.jpg

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
04-30-2004, 01:55 PM
Lighter=ULE products
breakbeam eyes=no need, we have LX ...level x doesnt stop every chop, just a majority of them. A beam break eye is just a furter safety measure.

Low pressure=doesnt boost performance much...does allow you to shoot deeper into the tank, which would in turn boost efficiency.

More efficient=i do agree with this one, efficiency isn't horrible but it could use a boost ...as said earlier...lower pressure would actually help with this a bit. Mags quit working on a consistent basis at about 800psi. A viking can continue to shoot nearly to 150psi.

Fred
04-30-2004, 02:13 PM
Umm... yeah... warpslugs would be cool too...

efficiency mod would be cool too.

the larch
04-30-2004, 05:26 PM
Ok, I will probably get flamed but here goes.
AGD needs to be the first to build a marker that feeds vertically....from the bottom. With things like the Qloader and the warp feed....force fed why have the feeds hanging off the side or top of the marker anymore?
Totally profile the marker . I really believe that qloader style clips are the future of paintball. NO batteries, less weight and no target. The pay-off once it is developed far out weighs having less shots per reload.
A marker that loads directly from the bottom would totaly kick butt. It would balance much better and could be built to have almost NO hittable surface areas from the front.
Laugh at me if you want, but remember I said it in 5 years when everyone is using it. :cool:

spasticsquirrel
04-30-2004, 08:25 PM
Ok, I will probably get flamed but here goes.
AGD needs to be the first to build a marker that feeds vertically....from the bottom. With things like the Qloader and the warp feed....force fed why have the feeds hanging off the side or top of the marker anymore?
Totally profile the marker . I really believe that qloader style clips are the future of paintball. NO batteries, less weight and no target. The pay-off once it is developed far out weighs having less shots per reload.
A marker that loads directly from the bottom would totaly kick butt. It would balance much better and could be built to have almost NO hittable surface areas from the front.
Laugh at me if you want, but remember I said it in 5 years when everyone is using it. :cool: I agree. make a bottom feed sluggo so we can have bottom fed kartas. the only problem is the rail and the trigger frame though.

Meph
04-30-2004, 09:11 PM
It's hard to think of "what's next." I'd think one of the gooder things would be advancing more technology and R&D into the Scenario market. More extravegant Tac-One mods like how ProTeam Products does for Tippmann, or Engler Customs does for Tippmann as well.

Could make a body fit thing to make the mag look like a greese-gun! Booyah, that'd be wicket. Perfect shape, too.