PDA

View Full Version : Pro 1, ceramic, or edge?

SILVERjl
04-29-2004, 05:28 PM
Pro 1, ceramic, or edge?

Ive heard good things about both the ceramic and edge, but nothing of pro1. Anyone use one recently?

SpecialBlend2786
04-29-2004, 07:40 PM
If you have the money, go with the Edge.

If you're looking for a nice, cheap, accurate barrel, go with the ceramic. I've owned a couple of them and loved them.

SILVERjl
04-29-2004, 08:26 PM
alright, what about silence? how silent are the 2 in comparison, and would they outdo freak barrels?

Torbo
04-29-2004, 09:13 PM
sorry to kinda jack your thread, but....how well do edge kits self clean?

SpecialBlend2786
04-29-2004, 10:19 PM
The Edge kit self cleans quite well, deffinitly better then the Freak.

SpecialBlend2786
04-29-2004, 10:23 PM
They are both decently quiet, I'm not too sure how they compare to the Freak in that respect, sorry.

InexactMelissa
04-30-2004, 06:07 AM
I just got an Edge kit recently and only used it once, but I'm quite happy with it. While I don't know if it's quieter than a freak, it's definately more sturdy, a lot less hassle to use, and way cheaper.

dwab3000
04-30-2004, 08:47 AM
hey if you want TRUE top of the line
look at the poison arrow
smoother than glass (http://www.smootherthanglass.com)

its microhoned past glass,

its my favorite barrel EVER
its not truly that expensive, it is the best kit i have ever used, EVER
it is self cleaning too

Fade
04-30-2004, 09:24 AM
I have a Pro1, and I find that its half decent for self cleans, but nothing special. As for smoothness and all the other goods for a Pro1... it comes with a bore size slightly smaller than standard, and any paintballs above standard bore size get barrel breaks. I find if you use the smaller bore sized paint, its a great barrel. Also, the Pro1 has only 4" - 5" of porting, I prefer 6" - 7" of porting, because my shots drop a little earlier than what I want.

I agree with others here, get the Edge kit.

lew
04-30-2004, 03:30 PM
Get an Edge, if you can. You'll appreciate the extra bore sizes. It is an excllent system for an excellent price.

adlar
04-30-2004, 04:51 PM
hey if you want TRUE top of the line
look at the poison arrow
smoother than glass (http://www.smootherthanglass.com)

its microhoned past glass,

its my favorite barrel EVER
its not truly that expensive, it is the best kit i have ever used, EVER
it is self cleaning too

I remember talking to John about 2-3 years ago when he was interested in making a barrel system. The interview on PBStar makes it seem like he's been at it a lot longer. He knows his stuff and is an all around decent guy, but a little too enthusiastic about his stuff. I'd chalk this up to hype until you've had a chance to see one in action. I haven't seen any around here, and I'm local to him.

The J&J Edge kit works, and it's well priced. And if you have an RT ULE the RT ULE barrel tip will screw into the backs.