PDA

View Full Version : Dad is getting back in...

SCpoloRicker
04-29-2004, 09:02 PM
Hi all,

My dad and I used to play regularly (1-3x month) when I was in high school (95-99). I just got back into playing, and he's thinking about joining me every now and then.

We'll be playing walk-on at natural (woodball?) fields in the Bay Area. I remember a couple in the Santa Cruz Mtns, and Magic Carpet Bobs in Vallejo. Any other cool fields around here?

Also, he's pretty set on a Tippman. We still have 2 1/2 Carbines laying around, but he's leaning towards an A-5. Anybody know a good source?

Thanks for your input

Ricker

Mag Master 04
04-29-2004, 09:08 PM
sweet my dad plays too hes got a spyder E99 he used to have a carbine and then he had a tippy RT with a flatline now hes got the E99 but he hasnt used it yet... he has alot of fun with us

nastymag
04-29-2004, 09:10 PM
well i would suggest Sherwood paintball (RIGHT next to carpet bobs) its very friendly place, safe and decent amount of players. they have 1 hyperball feild, one airball , and two wooded.

Carpet bobs BLOWS ( go look at the reviews on pbreview) i havent been back there since 2001. they overcharge, cheat and in general really dont treat their costumers very well. my group was threatened to be kicked out after we complained to bob about his hornets overshooting and cheating.
it is the a REAL wood balls feild though.

its your choice, i really do suggest sherwood though. if you prefer speedball(Airball is where its at!) then norcal paintball park in petaluma or operation is Hayword are both great choices

scrumpy
04-29-2004, 09:24 PM
Save your dad a bunch of money and convince him to get a 'mag.

SCpoloRicker
04-29-2004, 09:28 PM
Unfortunately, I'd have to agree with you. I used to (95-96) play there almost exclusively. But I had a couple bad experiences with Hornets playing on in challenge games, including Bob.

A friend of mine stepped out of line [one one occasion], and talked a lot of smack to Bob in the parking lot, after a 12 yr old alleged shot Bob out who subsequently wiped and lit the kid up. Wasn't there, and my friend's response was inappropriate. However, when he was banned, we left too.

Anyone playing at SCP this weekend?

R

hAppy
04-29-2004, 09:36 PM
hello fello san jose'er :D (i live in sj too)
i say your dad get an A5 i dont hear terrible things about them. but they are kinda pricey for a lower end gun, if you can convince him, get him a mag