PDA

View Full Version : How do I lessen bounce in E-Mag Valve?

riooso
04-29-2004, 09:56 PM
I have E-Mag valve on an earlier version of the X-Mag with a level-10 bolt. Pin is 0.712" in a brass top with a double e-ring top. I am getting a sweet-spotting in the manual mode that I did not have before. I have an AGD Flatline and it does not seem to help much when I lower the pressure unless I go below 650 psi. Will I lessen the bounce if I make the pin longer. If so how much longer. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rio Oso

athomas
04-30-2004, 07:51 AM
First, is the quad o-ring being used in the on/off top?

Second, the sear could be worn a bit at the tip.

xen_100
04-30-2004, 01:53 PM
undoubtedly, if you lengthen the on/off pin you will get less bouce. but I dont think you wil want to go to the .750 pin. that would be too long.

do you get shootdown when you set your flatline for 650PSI? if not, then that could be your solution. recucing the input pressure will also lessen the RT effect.

riooso
04-30-2004, 09:25 PM
Yes I have a quad o-ring. I can make the on/off pin any length I want to make it. I have the necessary tools to do so. I will check the sear but I though that they were tool steel and would not wear down. 650 is not really an option because of the shootdown, for me.

Thanks,
Rio Oso

athomas
05-02-2004, 08:41 PM
The sear tip can wear even though the sear is hardened steel. As a matter of fact, I think mine is starting to show signs of wear as well. I just started to get the odd double shot in manual mode and upon examination of the sear, I noticed it was starting to get rounded and was showing a bit of wear at the tip. I'm going to change mine.

riooso
05-03-2004, 08:34 AM
Thanks a lot I will change mine and see if that makes a difference.

R