PDA

View Full Version : anyone shot that FLATLINE??

joeski206
04-30-2004, 11:15 AM
<HTML><FONT COLOR=DARKBLUE>Has anyone shot that Tippmann A5 with the flatline barrel?? Does it really have the #1 distance on it?? I havent seen one but I have heard it longballs all other guns by 50-100 feet?? ANY ACTUAL ACCOUNTS???

skife
04-30-2004, 11:17 AM
flatlines arn't that great.
on the otherhand they do get extra distance (most dont break at extra distance)
you can curve balls around bunkers
and they are really really long

TeamNausea
04-30-2004, 11:18 AM
here we go...

Target Practice
04-30-2004, 11:29 AM
Hey now...I happen to like my Flatline (on my M98 original). It is just fun to play with, and if you play without the shroud, it turns heads at the field.

dwab3000
04-30-2004, 11:41 AM
its ok...on my a-5, i have flatline...well sometimes..it does have better range...but it is not accurate, and it bounces balls offa people

Fade
04-30-2004, 01:16 PM
I used to own an A-5 with Flatline Barrel, and I didn't like it that much. It fired really far away, and was the best scenerio marker I've played with, but the accuracy is really bad. Your shots are just as accurate at normal range with the Stock A-5 barrel, but once the paintball goes past the normal range, it has a "shotgun" effect and your accuracy goes down the crapper fast!

IMO the Flatline is ok, but totally not worth the price you pay for it.

paullus99
04-30-2004, 01:25 PM
I think it depends on how the person plays with it. I was out on the fields for the past three weekends & noticed substantial differences between A5 Flatlines. Some seemed to be deadly accurate, while others weren't any better than anything else out there.

It's hard to say if they had any real impact - since at the ranges we were playing (pretty tight fields) distance didn't matter.

xXHavokXx
04-30-2004, 03:20 PM
At WAP one day me and a couple guys were trying to shoot ball shot by flatlines out of the air on the big spool field.

Big Head
04-30-2004, 04:10 PM
The FLAT LINE kicks arse, if you use the right paint!! I used a custom 98 set-up with a Flat Line, and took out half of the other team (10 players) with 30 shoots!! If you are used to shooting a rifle, you will love a Flat Line!! It is fun to play with, because you can actually hit players that can't even get close to hitting you!! Goodtimes!! Still love my rt-pro!!

shivors
04-30-2004, 04:21 PM
*sigh*

Gonna let it slide....

Must fight urge....

Xyxyll
04-30-2004, 05:13 PM
*sigh*

Gonna let it slide....

Must fight urge....

I know you're not about to start trashin tippys... especially w/ the pretty much stock DX in your sig. ;)

shivors
04-30-2004, 05:22 PM
Nah....the previous post.

Besides...not too much more I can change on the DX. Barrel, feed neck, drop forward, valve, modded bolt, and stickies. I guess I could dremmel the hell out of the body.....

Iron Mag13
04-30-2004, 06:06 PM
Actoully for range the tippmann flatline is very good, pros and cons: -Wind effects range, accuricy, ect. +very nice range +ok for money -only certain paint woarks, find one you like and stick with it +hold sideways goes around anything :)
thats pretty much all! good luck if you want to buy it!!!

Hey anyone intressted in a tipmmann 98 c. flattline, thumb screws, co2, mask, stock barrel, remote line(optinal) hooper, electric hopper (reloder Very much like revy) all stock parts, few sctratches (hey does it matter??? its a tippman!!!! :)) pm me!

WenULiVeUdiE
04-30-2004, 06:14 PM
My dad had one, it was terrible. I'm not sure if it was because of co2 use or wind, but we tried to different barrels( shop exchanged) and it was still bad. We were using small bore paint like you should, and well, it wasnt worth the 120 he spent on it. He exchanged it for an All-American and when I played with it, it worked great.

I forgot to add, when we tested it out it only got about 20 yds. farther than a spyder we were using and wasnt very accurate. Thats why you should always buy new products from a shop, not online.

m20power
04-30-2004, 08:11 PM
Well in a flatline and normal barrel once chronoed the balls are leaving both markers at 300fps.
Since the balls used are the same as well as air resistance we can assume that as the same distance the balls would have the same velocity.
Basically once you hit past 200 feet the balls are going pretty slow and while they will stay airborne to greater distances they wont break on target much because they no longer have the energy needed to do so. Its the velocity of the ball that causes it to break.
At 250fps or so when the ball hits a solid target it experiances hundreds of Gs of force which cause it to break. At slow speeds It experiances less Gs and wont break as often.

If you disagree with that your basically disagreeing with science. So all you need to do is get rid of the laws of physics. In which case your proably a christian fundamentalist.

Hmm, I wonder how much Im gonna get cursed at for saying that.....lets find out. *post message*

Ronin Baller
04-30-2004, 08:45 PM
I've been looking at all the info posted on the Galactic Z-Body for the mag, and it seems that if one uses a proper bore/ball fit for the application (ball rolls out unimpeded) the results are superior to the Tippy/Cocker flatlines.
In my estimation, if I can get ball breaks 50' further away on goggles, markers, hoppers or other hard targets, and be able to curve shots around or even over bunkers, that's an advantage.....?
Any comments?