PDA

View Full Version : Does the ULT make a big difference?

sturmvogel
04-30-2004, 01:42 PM
I've been thinking on getting a ULT for my RT Pro. It already came with the LvL 10 kit, and X-valve so i'm all set for it. But my question is, does it make a big difference from the stock trigger pull that I have on my RTP right now,is it worth getting ?? Thanks for any feedback.

Eric Cartman
04-30-2004, 03:07 PM
There have been quite a few threads on the ULT and they show that people have had all sorts of different results with this mod. I think it's great and it definitely made a big difference to my marker. I can walk the trigger and have no issues with short stroking. Having said that, I should also mention a few things:
I never had any short stroking issues with my classic mag.
I'm somewhat mechanically inclined so I enjoy tinkering a bit.
I've never owned an electronic marker, so I haven't become used to their insanely light triggers. Some guys I know with e-markers short stroke my marker quite a bit because the trigger is harder than what they are used to.
I use an adjustable tank and I find that this gives me more room for fine tuning my setup. I'm now running my marker at about 750 psi which has allowed me to put 7 shims in my ULT without getting runaway and leaves the trigger soft enough to walk. I've also installed a rear trigger stop which helps with this.

Overall, I'd say that the ULT does make a big difference and it is a worthwhile upgrade, but if I didn't like to tinker and I didn't have an adjustable tank, I'm not sure I'd be able to get the same results out of it.

Cheers.

tmnothing
04-30-2004, 05:54 PM
I put in a ult in my rtp and I like it. I cant say I've done as much to it as Cartman has done but it does make the trigger pull alot lighter. I also can't say that I can walk the trigger like Cartman claims but it was still worth the upgrade for me. It is a relatively easy upgrade and it is not too expensive. Also I'm not a fan of reactivity in a trigger and the ult reduces reactivity so that was a great upgrade for me.

sturmvogel
05-01-2004, 06:06 PM
Sounds like a good upgrade, thanks guys.